Stone Temple Pilots Cancel All 2014 Shows

hahninator

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think STP would've been better off having guest singers, they could have still done the ep and tour cycle with Chester without committing him to the band but could now be free to record with other singers. And wouldn't have had all the backlash either.

They better look for a new singer, Chester is gonna be so fucking busy and Warner won't let him do anything else in a long time.

I don't think they will look for a new singer. They knew when they asked Chester to be the lead singer that LP was his first priority and they'd have to work around LP's schedule. LP is making a new album and planning a world tour in 2014, so they have to wait. It is a bit odd that they couldn't do the dates this year since they only were until about March (despite how I feel about Chester with STP) because Chester did that tour with DBS back in 2010, the same year that ATS came out. My guess is that LP is recording vocals for the final phases of the album around this point and he would have been on tour for a month or longer with STP. I am sure they will probably make up some of these dates (India and Hawaii probably) in the future, but who knows when that will be.