Stone Temple Pilots Cancel All 2014 Shows

hahninator

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like LP as a band much more than STP but you are misleading yourself if you've seen both LP and STP in the past year and think Chester is having more fun with LP. Watch him play Faint. Then watch any STP song from the show. He is really jamming huge.

LP is phoning in songs like Faint, etc live right now and it's very obvious. If you disagree that's fine but I'm telling you Preston and I saw the band in Jacksonville and it was ridiculous.

Yeah I think Chester is having a lot of fun with STP. I honestly think it suites his voice more and I have 100x more plays of High Rise on my iPod right now than LIVING THINGS.

Also STP isn't a sideband, Chester is in two legitimate bands and from the videos the STP stuff just translates better live for Chester than the recent LP stuff IMO.I wasn't able to make it to a show, but the videos I've seen really make me wanna go.

I'd love to hear STP put out an explanation as to why this happened since the point of joining up with Chester was to prevent this from happening to begin with.

I'm probably one of the few on this site who's looking forward to both STP and LP's new albums. I can be a fan of both projects. :P

The thing is, none of you guys actually have a source where Chester says himself that he has more fun playing shows with STP than he does with LP. This is all just your opinions. This is a pretty pointless argument honestly because Chester will always put LP as 1# priority and nothing is going to change it.

Not to mention STP have a history of cancelling tours.ppl always thought it was cose of Scott but maybe it wasn't always Scott maybe the band are poor at organising stuff. All I'm saying is i bet STP won't do much from now for some reason I can see chester getting bored with them

1. Pretty sure the "album recording" situation mentioned in the announcement strictly refers to LP's current situation. STP recording a full-length album is nothing more than a "we're planning on it" type thing at this point, as far as I'm aware. This is probably a situation like when the Grey Daze reunion show was cancelled in 2002 due to the Meteora recording schedule being dictated by WB (not that WB is necessarily behind it THIS time, but there are still deadlines involved in any label-backed recording project, and LP's last couple albums haven't really fared well enough compared to other WB releases for the label to be lenient with giving them extensions).

2. Re: Chester having more fun with STP vs. LP - Chester always has fun on stage, provided he's not feeling like crap for one reason or another. However, it's not hard to objectively watch the progression of Linkin Park's live performances over the last few years and figure out that they're completely phoning it in the majority of the time for a while now. That's been going on since like the middle of the ATS period.

3. Anyone who says that this cancelled tour is a good thing needs a serious reality check (or punch in the face, that would probably suffice as well). Forget calling yourself an LP and/or STP fan, you don't even deserve to call yourself a MUSIC fan if you're so far removed from reality that you think it's a good thing that thousands of fans bought tickets to these shows and now don't get to see STP play.

F U Astat. You think I deserve a punch in the face? Why don't you do it? I said I felt bad for the India fans and stuff that aren't going to get to see them now but I'm happy that Chester is hard at work with LP on their new album. Whatever dude. Asshole.

The thing is, none of you guys actually have a source where Chester says himself that he has more fun playing shows with STP than he does with LP. This is all just your opinions. This is a pretty pointless argument honestly because Chester will always put LP as 1# priority and nothing is going to change it.

Opinions don't necessarily require sources.

A source could easily be any video of STP live and any video of LP live. Saying Chester enjoys something more than another isn't insulting anything. Of course LP is his main priority, but that doesn't mean that has to be his favorite thing to do..

For example, say you're low on money but you really love to play video games. Work should be your #1 priority so you can get an income, even though you may not love it as much as playing video games.

Just reasoning here. Dun't flame, plz.

I'm fucking done in this thread and this is all really stupid. Be happy that LP is making a new fucking album and tour this year. We're on a god damn Linkin Park fan site here, not anything else. Whatever. Peace. I'm out.

I'm fucking done in this thread and this is all really stupid. Be happy that LP is making a new fucking album and tour this year. We're on a god damn Linkin Park fan site here, not anything else. Whatever. Peace. I'm out.

Just because everyone doesn't agree with your opinion you're leaving the conversation? Come on man, you're better than that.

No one didn't say we're not happy LP is making an album, we're just discussing reasons why Chester seems to fit in more with this style of music and he seems to be bored with recent performances with LP. If anyone DIDN'T feel bad for the Indian fans, they must not be very kind people. No one seemingly feels that way, however.

Let's face it: Chester seemed to rock out more than he did with LP, where he doesn't even leave the mic stand for some songs, whereas STP he's flying all over the fucking place. They cancelled the STP tour dates because he's working with either LP or STP (or both) on an album because they either have certain deadlines they want to meet or because people/places they want to work with will be unavailable any other time then when STP is touring.

Amen.

I'm sick of being ganged up on every time that I post anything here. Guess I should just go on the LPU and stay there. At least on the LPU the fans seem passionate and care about the band. I don't see people on the LPU saying they like Chester with STP more and stupid shit like that. I'm done in this thread and most likely done on this forum. You would think that on a LP fan site that you guys would be happy and love LP the way that I do and millions of other fans do. Whatever. I'm done.

I don't think anyone here is upset that LP is making a new album. I can't fucking wait. However, while I do agree that I much prefer Chester to be with LP than STP, Chester does seem to be enjoying it. I'm not saying he is preferring it over LP, but there's no denying that Chester is having fun with both. Maybe if the band decided to play something other than singles and play some lesser known songs, Chester would be flying all over the place, but they're not. The band is pretty consistent with their sets, and you can guaran-fucking-tee they'll play shit like Numb and In The End everytime. I love LP, more so than most bands, but other people can have opinions that differ from your own. I disagree with their opinion, but I'm not sitting here shitting on them. If you want to leave because people are having a fucking discussion, fine, but don't expect everybody to agree with every word out of your mouth.

Chester does seem to be enjoying it. I'm not saying he is preferring it over LP, but there's no denying that Chester is having fun with both.

I never disagreed with this. Chester is definitely having fun playing with STP, I never said he wasn't. STP was one of his favorite bands growing up so naturally he is going to have a blast. What I disagreed with was people saying that he is having more fun with STP than he is with LP. The stupidest part about it is that people are flaming me for disagreeing, yet it's only THEIR OPINION that he is having more fun with STP. Chester has never flat out said that he enjoys playing with STP more than he does with LP. Just because he is rocking out with STP doesn't mean he isn't rocking out with LP on stage, either. Most of you guys didn't even attend a show in 2013 like I did. Chester was definitely rocking out, as he was at all shows last year. LPL even said it themselves, that is what got them included in that LPTV episode and everything.

This sucks for the diehard STP fans and anyone who had tickets to their shows. I was even going to go to a show this past tour but nothing close came by. There isn't much of a silver lining for the STP fans other than the possibility of rescheduled tours or slightly more time to begin/continue work on the STP album (is there ANY word on this situation, or is it just being planned?). Green Day did this a year ago when their singer was in rehab (don't get me started) but fortunately rescheduled many more shows than they lost. STP losing three weeks of shows isn't as hard of a hit as a full blown world tour, though it is really bad that some of those dates were places that never see these guys live.

Astat is most likely right about the album in question being LP6. If you have kept up with their Instagrams or a thread on LPA, they have been in the studio a lot lately, with Chester included since the shows with STP have come to a break. The silver lining for the LP fans is that this allows more work on the new album while giving Chester a break from live duties in both bands. Not to speculate, but the news could also mean that the album could be on its way soon and they have just allowed some more time to work.

In other news, AJ Madden said he'd probably try to get STP for Soundwave in 2015. Ha, I'm sure LP will be full-blown into the world tour for the new album by then.

I just don't see the comparison from your perspective. LP is phoning it in on some songs. All 14 songs of the STP show I saw, he was going crazy. One side of the stage to the other. In the crowd THREE times. I see LP quite a bit and they don't jam like that (Chester at least). It's common sense that the songs they LOVE include Points Of Authority, Lying From You, Papercut, A Place For My Head (!), When They Come For Me (of course, damn they jam on this one), With You, LOST IN THE ECHO and unbiasedly I will say LIES GREED MISERY even though I dislike that song. That's for recent; it changes every year but that's 8 full songs though. I am shocked the full Vegas set didn't include POA, LFY, Papercut and APFMH when that's four full songs they rock out hard on.

http://lplive.net/shows/20140110.php

With the exception of the WFTE intro where Mike bounces around like a straight up gangster, I will say they APPEAR to be bored with the other 13 songs in the setlist. Given Up jams every now and then (Mike and Chester). But New Divide, Somewhere I Belong (which was really rocking in 2012 but seems to be boring for them right now), most of Waiting For The End, then BTH, COG, the medley, Numb, WID, BID, ITE, BIO and especially Faint seem to be songs they could drop for more enjoyable stuff.

I don't think it's fair to compare shows where Chester is sick to shows where he isn't. Sure, there are some songs that he doesn't get into *cough*Numb*cough*, but overall he gets into nearly 90% of the set, STP or LP.

100% agreed.

The band officially announced the cancellation of the tour on their FB page. They said that the Soundwave statement that said they had to cancel due to the recording of their new album wasn't true. According to them, the shows had to be canceled due to an "unforeseen scheduling conflict". Also, they said they look forward to making up these shows in the future.