'A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES' - Jimmy Kimmel 11/26

Mesck547

From Linkin Park's Facebook:

Next Tuesday November 26th, Mike and Chester will join Steve Aoki to perform A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC. Tune in at 11:35 PM / 10:35 C.

This is going to be the third performance of the song (performed at Summer Sonic Tokyo and in LA) and it's first ever TV broadcast. What do you guys think? Who will be watching?

Edit:

Edit 2:

Download the performance here (via DIME).

Edited by Mesck547

Will be cool to have a proshot of this, but I'm not too excited. Chester hasn't sounded good at all on the two live performances of the song, and with the Mike/Chester/Steve trio setup, all it really amounts to is live vocals over a prerecorded instrumental of the studio version. It's basically Mike and Chester doing karaoke of their own song, lol.

1. Is this going on it's own page again or being added to the 2013 shows page?

3. Was it announced somewhere else that the whole band would be there with Steve? I mean, for network television, they should at least do a full band instead of two guys singing over an instrumental and a guy hitting play and jumping around

1. Is this going on it's own page again or being added to the 2013 shows page?

3. Was it announced somewhere else that the whole band would be there with Steve? I mean, for network television, they should at least do a full band instead of two guys singing over an instrumental and a guy hitting play and jumping around

1. Guesting page in 5.0. Nothing for right now in 4.0 since we hope to launch 5.0 soon.

2. No, just Mike and Chester were announced.

Pretty decent performance overall. Chester struggled a bit with the vocals, but Mike was spot on. I saw some of those guys from the LPU13 Promo Video in the crowd as well. LOL. Did anyone shazam the performance? The remix for ALTNC is pretty good.

The sad thing is, this is probably the best performance of the song so far, and Chester was still REALLY struggling. Mike fucking nailed it though.

During the Kevin and Bean interview for STP from last month, Chester said he was wearing sunglasses on stage for Weenie Roast because he was so nervous he didn't want to make eye contact with people. He was wearing sunglasses here as well. Maybe he knows he struggles with the chorus (he has to know) so he wore sunglasses for the same reason. It wasn't entirely bad. I liked it. If we can listen to BID live, we can endure this. Lol.

I'm not saying it was terrible. Compared to a few other songs *cough*LGM*cough*, it's great. I just don't think that it should stick in future sets.

I agree. There are worse songs out there that Chester has done worse with. I don't think it will stick around in the sets. I don't think they would perform it without Steve Aoki (they could) and I also don't think it will stick because Chester clearly has a bit of a struggle with it, they have recently dropped songs for that very reason. I think this is the only HQ version we may get of this, so it's great that they played it on TV.