'A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES' - Jimmy Kimmel 11/26

Mesck547

I think Mike sounded great. Chester wasn't too bad either. I noticed he was singing really loud and his voice cracked couple times but it's barely noticable from the effects they added to his voice. I was hoping they would let him sing it raw. But it obviously isn't my call :D

Nice performance overall. Mike sounded great on the rap verses, Chester was OK on the chorus even though he wasn't as good as he was on the past performances. You can tell he was trying to sing as similar as possible to the studio version, which is really hard considering the fact the studio version has a lot of vocal effects. It's just one of those songs that are really hard to play live.

Edited by Mesck547

Download on DIME: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details...73490&hit=1 100% seeded

During the Kevin and Bean interview for STP from last month, Chester said he was wearing sunglasses on stage for Weenie Roast because he was so nervous he didn't want to make eye contact with people. He was wearing sunglasses here as well. Maybe he knows he struggles with the chorus (he has to know) so he wore sunglasses for the same reason. It wasn't entirely bad. I liked it. If we can listen to BID live, we can endure this. Lol.

He's been wearing sunglasses for a lot of LP shows too, this seems completely unrelated to the STP statement to me. Chester is even wearing sunglasses in the pic with Mike Tyson. Probably just random or he looked tired, who knows.

I still would have liked to have seen a whole band performing, the least JKL could do is give them a bigger stage. I do like the AOKI/LP logo, and Mike sounded like the record. Steve just stood around, but that's kind of what he does anyway. Chester wasn't good, but that song is tougher on him than most of LP's songs. They didn't have so many rehearsals anyway so it makes sense that the tough chorus would best him. A live band would have helped cover up more mistakes.

Wow.. Thanks, AndOne B)

BTW Here's a Rip of the Youtube Video:

90.3 MB

https://mega.co.nz/#!FJogACIC!GH54h...Y_ynPuXBJii6zjA

EDIT: Here's a MEGA DL of the TV Version:

433.6 MB

https://mega.co.nz/#!0N4XDC4K!a9-Yv...-LFEOy5lYuSK3ug

Edited by xLinkinpark0562x

I think Mike sounded great. Chester wasn't too bad either. I noticed he was singing really loud and his voice cracked couple times but it's barely noticable from the effects they added to his voice. I was hoping they would let him sing it raw. But it obviously isn't my call :D

They didn't add any effects to Chester's voice, the vocoder stuff from the album version is just part of the backing track used for live performances of this song. They basically pull up the Pro Tools session on Steve's laptop and mute Mike and Chester's vocal tracks, and that's the live performance. Oh, and Steve presses a couple buttons during the last 5 seconds of the song to make some noises.