The Hunting Party Tour: Rumors + Official

RogueSoul

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

today, Rock in Rio confirmed System of a Down as headliner on 24th September, 2015. am I crazy to think that LP can play BEFORE SOAD just like KROQ AAC?

http://rockinrio.com/rio/blog/system-of-a-down-confirmado-no-rock-in-rio/

Yeah but until now we don't have any official announcement about Linkin Park at Rock in Rio like SOAD or Katty Perry, so we can presume the negoatiation is still going on or failed.

Just so there's no discrepancy about this - I'm leaving in the 2nd North American tour just because I feel like Mike was only talking about adding dates to the CURRENT tour, not dismissing the possibility of a second tour coming later. Not that anyone said anything yet, but I'd thought I'd clarify before anyone does :P

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, new to the site but was wondering if anyone had heard anything lately regarding an Australian tour?

I have heard completely nothing anywhere about it, but I have a feeling March/April could be a possibility. We would have to hear something VERY soon though....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really skeptical about the whole Mayhem thing. I honestly don't think LP would fit very well on that tour. I would definitely go and see them if they were to play on Mayhem, but I just think it doesn't sound like a tour that LP would do.

I'm really skeptical about the whole Mayhem thing. I honestly don't think LP would fit very well on that tour. I would definitely go and see them if they were to play on Mayhem, but I just think it doesn't sound like a tour that LP would do.

Agreed. Mayhem is a metal festival and, while LP's latest album could help them get by, the set they're playing now would definitely lead to a poor reception. The crowd that would attend Mayhem Festival probably wouldn't be too interested in, well, pretty much everything following Wastelands.

Mayhem in recent years has definitely been veering towards heavier rock and post-hardcore. Last year was Avenged Sevenfold, the year before was Rob Zombie. If those guys can headline, I don't see why LP can't. Playing stuff like BID and COG might not sit well, though.

I think Slipknot will headline Mayhem.

Me too. Also, I think LP would be slaughtered if they played shit like Ballad Medley, COG, BID, Numb, FM, and stuff like that. They would need to bring a brand new set that was ''custom'' for Mayhem with a lot of heavy shit like APFMH, Don't Stay, Figure.09, FTI, NMS, Qwerty, Victimized, KTTK, ALITS, War, etc. to win over the crowd.

I don't think we will ever see them play another show without BID, Numb, FM, etc...or at least a majority of those. The band loves those singles.

I think that the band plays those singles because the fanbase loves it, not the band, especially radio singles like BID.