A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES (trailers)

Qwerty95k

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listen to non album songs quite a lot. I guess this song isn't too bad. I just don't want LP to head in the EDM direction for their new album, but I guess they will do it regardless.

Why does it matter exactly if they head into an EDM direction? Why does it matter if they head in any direction at all? Music itself is an art form, meaning it is flowing, evolving, changing, and growing. Restricting music to little boxes is useless and stupid. It makes it stale. Instead we have music that is evolving, that is changing, and you know what it's awesome. Without any kind of musical change we would still be listening to classical music, because no one would have taken the chance to branch out. We would never have Elvis, we wouldn't have Led Zeppelin, we wouldn't have The Ramones or The Misfits, we wouldn't have Metallica, we wouldn't have D12 or Tupac, we wouldn't have Tiesto, we wouldn't have Linkin Park. You know why because if someone hadn't made the conscious decision to make a change, made that conscious decision to try something new we'd be stuck.

/rant

I personally appreciate musical growth and evolution. I think it does an artist good, because it shows what they are doing right now, what they are thinking, etc. The same way you can glean information about a painter from their paintings, you can glean a little bit about an artist from the music they are making.

Now, you can all quit your bitching and appreciate that they are actually making more music that is different, or go sit in a corner and complain about how an artist isn't making music that you specifically like. Personally I feel you'd have more success in the first endeavor, because guess what an artist doesn't give a shit about what kind of music you like. They care about what music they like, and what makes them happy. If you happen to like it good, if not well you're shit out of luck then.

It feels like they're trying too hard to steer away from they're stereotypical-LP sound.

In any other time it was correct, but you can't say that after Living Things which is mix of everything they did before.

In any other time it was correct, but you can't say that after Living Things which is mix of everything they did before.

LT would be the exception. MTM and ATS were great and really was evolution, but this is just "This is pretty hip, lets do it."

LT would be the exception. MTM and ATS were great and really was evolution, but this is just "This is pretty hip, lets do it."

In MTM and ATS they tried to steer away, but now it seems they're just doing whatever they want.

In MTM and ATS they tried to steer away, but now it seems they're just doing whatever they want.

Exactly, but my problem isnt with the albums. Its with this. I dont think they're seeing the border between what they want to do and what they should do. Props to them for taking the initiative to do this, but its like they're trying too hard to bend genres like they did with HT so there is no progression.

Props to them for taking the initiative to do this, but its like they're trying too hard to bend genres like they did with HT so there is no progression.

Steve's/LP beat and Chester's vocal are typical EDM track, the only thing they merge into it is Mike's verses. I really don't think they're trying to force themselves to progress to somewhere.

Why does it matter exactly if they head into an EDM direction? Why does it matter if they head in any direction at all? Music itself is an art form, meaning it is flowing, evolving, changing, and growing. Restricting music to little boxes is useless and stupid. It makes it stale. Instead we have music that is evolving, that is changing, and you know what it's awesome. Without any kind of musical change we would still be listening to classical music, because no one would have taken the chance to branch out. We would never have Elvis, we wouldn't have Led Zeppelin, we wouldn't have The Ramones or The Misfits, we wouldn't have Metallica, we wouldn't have D12 or Tupac, we wouldn't have Tiesto, we wouldn't have Linkin Park. You know why because if someone hadn't made the conscious decision to make a change, made that conscious decision to try something new we'd be stuck.

/rant

I personally appreciate musical growth and evolution. I think it does an artist good, because it shows what they are doing right now, what they are thinking, etc. The same way you can glean information about a painter from their paintings, you can glean a little bit about an artist from the music they are making.

Now, you can all quit your bitching and appreciate that they are actually making more music that is different, or go sit in a corner and complain about how an artist isn't making music that you specifically like. Personally I feel you'd have more success in the first endeavor, because guess what an artist doesn't give a shit about what kind of music you like. They care about what music they like, and what makes them happy. If you happen to like it good, if not well you're shit out of luck then.

Yo it matters to me. I don't care what other people think, because it's my opinion. I'm allowed to have my own opinion. For me, it would absolutely suck if LP were to head into a EDM direction. FOR ME. Not everyone else or the band themselves. I don't understand why people post things like you do. You get mad when other people complain or bitch about something. So what? This is what a forum is for, to discuss things. I think it would be INCREDIBLY boring if every single person had the same view and same opinion on everything the band does. Your whole post also states the obvious; if you don't like it, don't listen. I said I wouldn't like it if they go into a EDM direction, so obviously I wouldn't be listening to it all the time.

/rant

The only reason it would concern me if the band went in a more EDM-style direction AS A WHOLE (I'll never be bothered by them experimenting in any particular genre, provided they don't suddenly start writing entire albums of songs that sound the same) is that the nature of EDM wouldn't exactly provide the best creative backdrop for instrumental contributions from Rob, Brad, and Phoenix. I think the band has always done a pretty good job of balancing out whatever styles they incorporate though, so as long as EDM just becomes another element of the same "hybrid theory" the band was founded on, and not a "new direction" as whole, I'll be fine with it. The same could be said for a lot of other styles - if The Rising Tied/Out of Ashes were Linkin Park albums, I'd probably hate them.

The same could be said for a lot of other styles - if The Rising Tied/Out of Ashes were Linkin Park albums, I'd probably hate them.

Let the DBS hating commence. Everyone on this site loves to shit all over DBS. If you even so much as mention anything related to DBS, people freak out.

With that being said, I agree. I wouldn't want LP to make albums that sound like FM or DBS, I think LP has their own unique going (at least with their 5 albums) and I don't think an entire EDM direction would really be all that unique, and like you said above, it wouldn't utilize all the band members.

Let the DBS hating commence. Everyone on this site loves to shit all over DBS. If you even so much as mention anything related to DBS, people freak out.

It's not really hating on the album, its just it would be terrible under different circumstances. You said it well, LP becoming DBS or FM would be shit.

It's not really hating on the album, its just it would be terrible under different circumstances. You said it well, LP becoming DBS or FM would be shit.

No, I didn't mean if LP were to make the same style of DBS music that the hating would commence. I meant that any time DBS or Out Of Ashes or anything related to the band (DBS) is always hated on to the EXTREME here. It sucks because Out Of Ashes is one of my favorite albums of all time. People say it sucked because of Howard Benson, but it's not that bad. It's just not the same style as LP, so people didn't like it here, and they act like The Rising Tied is this sacred album that can never be criticized.

No, I didn't mean if LP were to make the same style of DBS music that the hating would commence. I meant that any time DBS or Out Of Ashes or anything related to the band (DBS) is always hated on to the EXTREME here. It sucks because Out Of Ashes is one of my favorite albums of all time. People say it sucked because of Howard Benson, but it's not that bad. It's just not the same style as LP, so people didn't like it here, and they act like The Rising Tied is this sacred album that can never be criticized.

Agree with you Geki, Out Of Ashes is one of my favorite albums of all time and I think 1 or 2 songs like EDM would be nice, but not a full album.

It's just not the same style as LP, so people didn't like it here, and they act like The Rising Tied is this sacred album that can never be criticized.

The Rising Tied is not the same style as LP either. (Most of the) people here listen to rock music more than hip-hop music, So if nobody talks against TRT it's because they think it's good.

The Rising Tied is not the same style as LP either. (Most of the) people here listen to rock music more than hip-hop music, So if nobody talks against TRT it's because they think it's good.

Also because you can more closely relate FM to LP. DBS is basically electro-pop on drugs. That comment about DBS isn't an insult btw

My name is Jawnson.

And i LOVE MUSIC!

To actually fully understand LP, you have to APPRECIATE different MUSIC GENRE'S, and actually be in a band, group or solo.

I would've got bored if i did the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Have a nice day :)

To actually fully understand LP, you have to APPRECIATE different MUSIC GENRE'S, and actually be in a band, group or solo.

I would've got bored if i did the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again.

That's the spirit. You can't continue to listen to same songs all over again, as much as they can't (basically won't) make the same songs all over again.

Just because they collaborated with an EDM artist, doesn't mean Linkin Park's next album is going take EDM direction. I don't think this song has anything to do with the sound of the new album.

Edited by Jani