LPU Sessions: Write, Record, Rock Out!

GlassCastles

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? An LPU contest involving LPU members collaborating with Linkin Park on original music?

What? Anthony's been working on his own original material for the last several months, has a bunch of instrumental songs written that just need to be fleshed out with vocals and proper production, and just needs to pick which one he feels is the strongest and record it sometime within the next 13 days?

Don't mind if I do, Linkin Park. Don't mind if I do.

What? An LPU contest involving LPU members collaborating with Linkin Park on original music?

What? Anthony's been working on his own original material for the last several months, has a bunch of instrumental songs written that just need to be fleshed out with vocals and proper production, and just needs to pick which one he feels is the strongest and record it sometime within the next 13 days?

man you should get your best shit and let us help you to decide, and of course you must have the last word.

Good luck, dude!

No words. Go get it!

I like the whole contest idea but the voting thing is something that annoys me. They pick a top 10 so either of these is probably very good no matter who wins, but internet voting can easily manipulated.

Just look at the recent case with the meet Taylor Swift thing, where so creepy 39 year old guy was winning because they wanted to make it happen (I think it was cool though) and it ended up being canceled, lol.

I like the whole contest idea but the voting thing is something that annoys me. They pick a top 10 so either of these is probably very good no matter who wins, but internet voting can easily manipulated.

Just look at the recent case with the meet Taylor Swift thing, where so creepy 39 year old guy was winning because they wanted to make it happen (I think it was cool though) and it ended up being canceled, lol.

Is the voting restricted to LPU members only? If so, I think that should cut down on the vote manipulation a fair bit. It'll also make the competition a lot closer...

And an update: Song picked, working out arrangement ideas tonight and starting recording tomorrow.

You are right, the whole voting seem to be LPU only, the top 10 only get showcased on lpu.com according to the email. So the top 2 actually win the grand prize, not just the first place?

It isn't specifically stated anywhere, but I'd assume there will be 2 grand prize winners but the band will probably only pick one song to put on LPU13.

I'd assume that is where the "might be put on LPU13" portion comes in.

"Your song may even end up on the upcoming LPU13 album due out later this year."

If it doesn't end up on the CD it could be still released digitally.