Linkin Park Rehearsing New THP Song?

hahninator

Chester still has two shows left with Stone Temple Pilots, but that hasn't stopped most of the rest of Linkin Park (all except Joe) from getting together to rehearse for their upcoming shows in May. Up first is the Rock in Rio USA show on May 9th in Las Vegas.

Linkin Park just posted a picture to Instagram with the caption "@m_shinoda, @phoenixlp, BBB, and Rob rehearsing a new song for the upcoming shows. What song from #TheHuntingParty would you like to hear live this summer?"

rehearsal1.jpg

Back in January, they also posted a rehearsal picture with the caption "BBB rehearsing a new song. Join us at #TheHuntingPartyTour". However, no new song was played on the tour and the band instead opted to put in fan-favorite From The Inside (not played in almost 3 years) and their most-requested live song A Place For My Head.

rehearsal2.jpg

Our nine page thread for the first show of that tour in Orlando discussed the picture at LENGTH including the exact positioning of Brad's hands (yes, we're that crazy)...leaving the general consensus to believe that War was being rehearsed.

What do you think? Are they looking to add another song from The Hunting Party to the show? Keys To The Kingdom and A Line In The Sand have been mentioned by Mike and Phoenix before...and Mike in Europe last fall said there was one song in particular that he at least wanted to add to the show.

We will find out on May 9th, as the show will be webcasted, even though Linkin Park has just a 75 minute setlist. Their full show will return on May 17th for Rock on the Range.

4/30 EDIT: A second rehearsal picture was posted to Instagram, this time only featuring Brad, with the caption: "BBB at rehearsals. Get ready @RockInRioUSA #RockInRioUSA"

11176050_485344561617422_1587144888_n.jp

As big of a proponent as I am for adding new songs from albums live (I've been for it always), I actually hope in this case that they don't add anything else from THP, and instead keep FTI/APFMH. I was totally for a new THP song being added until I saw the Orlando and Nashville shows. The set is perfect now. New lighting director so the lighting is 100% better, the sound is epic, the band jams and sound great, and the show is A+. FTI and APFMH really are fantastic live...they add a lot to the show because the crowd LOVES both of them and explode way more than the crowd on With You/SIB (POA is comparable I guess).

I suspect if they add ALITS or something, they'll drop APFMH. Seems too good to be true to have a set with FTI, APFMH, and ALITS or KTTK. It'd be a shame if FTI disappeared since it was played 3 times after being gone almost 3 years. And APFMH is so randomly played that it's becoming an extremely hard song to see (which is kind of cool, but frustrating if you go years without seeing it). It wouldn't surprise me if they drop both, sadly.

Not nearly as sure on this as I was about the War photo from the last round of rehearsals, but it looks like Brad's playing a 5th fret D octave and Mike's playing a Bb5 chord at the 8th fret, which would be consistent with parts of A Line in the Sand...

As for whether it actually gets played or not, I'll believe it when I see it. LP's been the kings of making empty promises about debuting new songs over the past 3 years...

Why can't they drop BID and ND for new THP songs. I'm so tired of BID and ND isn't even an album song.

While I love APFMH and FTI, I've been lucky enough to see them so I'm on Team New Song.

But with a 75 minutes set for Vegas I imagine it will be single city. Really I'm surprised LP was even thinking new song for this festival tour. Made more sense for the THP shows.

Why can't they drop BID and ND for new THP songs. I'm so tired of BID and ND isn't even an album song.

New Divide is one of the band's biggest hits. It's pretty much on the same level that In The End, Numb, and What I've Done are at. BURN IT DOWN, though, I don't know. I didn't think it did THAT well, really.

Newbie question here, but what is it that Brad has been wearing on his wrist lately? Is it like a support or a heating pad thing?

KT Tape. Probably for pain relief stemming from carpal tunnel syndrome and/or tendinitis in his wrist/forearm. He used to wear a wrist brace backstage sometimes before he started using the tape.

Breaking news IT'S DRAWBAR

I would take any day SAND over PLACE just because I'm sure that APFMH will appear and dissappear until the end of LP career but Sand seems likely only in this period of time.

Interesting opinion Hahninator but I totally disagree.

Now that's a valid point. Songs like In My Remains and Hit The Floor lasted no time at all. You're right, if the song isn't played now, it will never be played. I'll take ALITS now, that's fine. APFMH is a song that has a chance of being played any album cycle, like LFY. Truthfully those and Papercut and maybe Points are the only ones that can survive any album cycle it seems.

I'd be dissapinted if it's 'All for nothing' because the song is so simple and i can already see the performance in my head. Reminds me of lies greed misery. I'd really love to hear Chester singing Keys to the kingdom live or seeing how badass ALITS would be live.

I just wanna see some big changes in the set. Since the time that THP touring cycle has started, we haven't seen any big changes. In my opinion, it's THP touring cycle, so there must be more THP songs on the set. I think the reason that they don't change the set a lot is that the set looks too good and doesn't have any left space for some other materials. Some songs (like BID, ND, Crawling or COG) need to be sacrificed for making room for new songs. I want those energetic encores again, not this lame thing!

Hopefully not ALITS, and definitely not MTG.

This. So much this.

ALITS basically take up 2 song slots, and MTG is pretty much the same. Both songs have choruses where Chester sounds pretty weird and weak. When I had the shitty leak version of those songs before the official release, I couldn't even understand what Chester was singing in those choruses.

As much as one wants these songs to translate very well live, chances are the vocals would be pretty unimpressive. Add to the fact that they'll probably drop a bunch of cool shit like FTI, APFMH, or who knows even the Mike Solo cause a bunch of their other shit is mandatory and un-droppable.

Much rather KTTK or AFN. Make the set a bit longer and bring back Rebellion or UIG with the sick intro. If that's at the cost of APFMH and FTI then leave those in there because they're great additions show and have a lot of energy.

This. So much this.

ALITS basically take up 2 song slots, and MTG is pretty much the same. Both songs have choruses where Chester sounds pretty weird and weak. When I had the shitty leak version of those songs before the official release, I couldn't even understand what Chester was singing in those choruses.

As much as one wants these songs to translate very well live, chances are the vocals would be pretty unimpressive. Add to the fact that they'll probably drop a bunch of cool shit like FTI, APFMH, or who knows even the Mike Solo cause a bunch of their other shit is mandatory and un-droppable.

Much rather KTTK or AFN. Make the set a bit longer and bring back Rebellion or UIG with the sick intro. If that's at the cost of APFMH and FTI then leave those in there because they're great additions show and have a lot of energy.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Another picture:

11176050_485344561617422_1587144888_n.jp

Not necessarily claiming a new song with the caption this time, so it could be anything, really. It's for Rock In Rio (a shortened set) so it's probably a single (my guess is Until It's Gone - I think he's doing a powerchord on the ninth fret?)

I'm probably wrong :lol: