-
Posts
1,118 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Shows
Wiki
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by Coizu
-
I am not sure where you are getting this impression from, but I don't have that opinion at all.
-
I mean it more as in: treat it like any other band or music I enjoy listening to and accept that the magic is gone for me.
-
Just came back home from the movie. What a weird experience somehow. I think I've never seen anyone in LP merch in my home town but a lot of people were wearing it tonight. Was surprised to see some familiar faces in the movie itself. Movie was a good watch, glad I went to see it. The whole From Zero era was a surreal and weird experience for me personally. I've never really re-connected with the band. Today felt like closure to this phase. Maybe it's time to move on.
-
LOATR is the expected highlight for me. So great to have this on streaming. What’s going on with The Catalyst though? The buildup in the end just doesn’t hit as it should in my opinion. The drums are a little bit disappointing and don’t sound as grand as they should and then it just doesn’t recover somehow.
-
Here is my cynical prediction of how this will go: First Unshatter in cinemas for the cinema money. Then after a while Unshatter on Streaming (e.g. Netflix) for the streaming money. Once the streaming licensing runs out there will be a physical release of Unshatter as it was shown in cinemas. Then eventually there will be a deluxe release with the full show.
-
I think a lot can (and should) be discussed about LPU, it's current state, demos, meet & greets, pre-sale and ticket access etc. but all of that aside, in my opinion a LPU package should include at least a t-shirt and I do not understand why they are not doing it. Right now you get one collectible and a bunch of random... stuff? I am lacking the proper English word and I don't want to call it trash (although I would argue the disposable camera from last year definitely qualifies for that term by the very nature of the item), but I think it is kinda ironic that with the pouch they are recycling unused stuff that just lays around and put it to new use while also creating new useless stuff that will just lay around in people's collections and the only purpose to it seems to be "it seemed like a fun idea". I guess in the end they always did that, but you also always had at least one useful item in there: a shirt.
-
I think it is interesting that they include LOATR but decided to omit BID. One would think that they regard BID as a more important song in the live set since it's played in all shows while LOATR was more or less dropped after 2024. So why make the opposite decision for the album? Anyway, I am happy with it since I favor a high quality recording of Mike singing LOATR over BID.
-
Oh wow you are right. But both unshattermovie.com and linkinpark.com link to the Warner store.
-
-
So since the CD price in Germany (21,99€) seemed kinda high to me I did some digging and compared it to other releases of bigger artists this year. I've always looked at prices in the artist's own shop so it is a fair like-for-like comparison. The closest CD release I found price-wise was Dua Lipa's live album at 18,99€ which includes her whole set on 2 CDs. Any other regular CD release I looked at was cheaper. Kinda sad to see a premium price tag on a release that I consider a compromise (i.e. not containing the whole show). I don't see any information on their product listing that would justify that higher price. But now you can barely make out a whole guitar part in this mix (the intro/verse riff or however you want to call it) so I think it is a hard stretch to say that one is closer to the album mix than the other. In general I think the sound of the mix is great though. Alex' guitar just needs to be louder and it would be a 10/10 in my opinion.
-
Use multiple CDs then. This costs 21,99€ for one disc. The same price as the FZ Deluxe Edition that comes with 2 discs. 21,99€ for a regular CD is kinda ridiculous anyway.
-
What's up with the mix? Alex' guitar is barely audible. You can barely hear the intro/verse parts and the bridge sounds super awkward.
-
One of my favorite shows I‘ve been to. Crowd was very active and it is always nice meeting everyone.
-
Check linkinpark.com
-
I didn't have many interactions with Nick, but I had the pleasure to meet him around the Hollywood Bowl show in 2017. He struck me as a genuinely kind and incredibly friendly person, and reading the comments here it seems like many share that sentiment. So sad to hear this news. My condolences to his friends and family.
-
The only criticism I read so far is that people don‘t like the band in the video and it is understandable in the context of the worlds anthem. Worlds anthems used to be songs that were specifically written and produced to be the worlds anthem. They were always more League of Legends songs than they were a song by whatever artist did it that year. They incorporated sounds and themes from the game etc. and most importantly the music video was only about worlds. Two years ago they broke that already by taking an already finished song from Lil Nas X and they just branded it as the worlds song. People were less hyped about it but eventually accepted that. At least the video was a full on worlds video. Now in addition to using an already finished song they broke the music video thing as well. For reference the discussion in the league community is 80% about the video, the teams and characters in it etc. The video is a really really important thing to them. Considering all of that, the dislike ratio doesn‘t even look that bad to me? It‘s roughly 18:1
-
The tour page only works correctly when you accept non essential cookies. Just in case someone is wondering why they can‘t see any shows.
-
The song most probably had to be submitted to Riot weeks, if not months ago. Riot had to make a decision if it's the right song for the Worlds anthem, they make the music video, they plan and prepare the whole production for the opening ceremonies etc. So the song was most likely mixed way before any other song was ready for the mixing process and before they thought about who will mix the album. Also Riot is usually involved in the creation process of the anthem (Star Walkin last year was the only exception as far as I am aware so far) so it is possible that Riot had some input here as well.
-
For what it's worth, I think that's a major misdirection of what the event was actually and primarily about. It was not a charity event, it was a birthday celebration because 3 of them got 30 during that time. That might be the only premise under which Dead Sara was booked and the rest developed after. We have no way of telling one way or the other. Scientology does not deny mental health in general and I have no idea where this misconception comes from. In fact Scientology is heavily reliant on mental health and people struggling with it because that's how they make their money. They say that traditional and scientific psychology and psychiatry is not able to treat mental health problems, instead mental health problems can only be treated by their pseudo science Dianetics and through auditing etc. The book they base their stuff on is even called "Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health". And that whole thing is one of the many major issues with Scientology: it prevents people with actual problems to get proper help because they are made to believe that they are already treated perfectly fine (all while getting ripped off). So no, it is not like Scientology denies the existence of mental health. It's the treatment they disagree with.
-
If Rob would like to make a statement because there would be anything to clear up from his side, nothing is stopping him from doing so I guess?
-
I would say it can be any one sided abusive relation that just sucks you empty but you still come back to over and over again. Doesn‘t even have to be human, could be a drug as well in my opinion. I think as with a lot of LP song you can make it your own and if you want to hear something specific that makes sense for you, you can give it that meaning.
