Linkin Park Headlining LA's Sunset Strip Fest 8/3

hahninator

Linkin Park always has something up their sleeves! After announcing that February's show in Las Vegas (show page here) would be the ONLY show by the band in North America in 2013, the band is pleased to announce.....

LinkinPark.com: Linkin Park will be headlining the Sunset Strip Music Festival in Los Angeles on August 3rd. LPU members will be able to buy pre-sale tickets starting at noon and there will even be an exclusive section up front at the show just for LPU members. This will be Linkin Park's ONLY performance in the United States for the rest of 2013 (this time it's a promise). There will additionally be an LPU M&G at this show.

Mike adds: "We played our first shows as a band in 1998, on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood. When we were approached about an opportunity to play a special show on the strip, we couldn't say no. We are excited to announce that we'll be headlining the Sunset Strip Music Festival in West Hollywood, CA on August 3. This time we mean it… this will be the ONLY U.S. show for the rest of 2013."

Pre-sale tickets will be available at LPUnderground.com at 12:00pm on May 14. Public tickets go on sale Wednesday, May 15 at 10am.

Check the official Facebook page for the Sunset Strip Music Festival for more information on the show as it becomes available. The show takes place on the Sunset Strip, with streets being closed off for the duration of the show. The official festival website adds: "The street festival is located in the 9000 – 8900 blocks of Sunset Boulevard (between Doheny Drive and San Vicente Boulevard) in West Hollywood." The 2012 lineup (yes, last year's) for the festival (which has stages both indoors and outdoors in West Hollywood) can be found here.

Who's going?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting info about their first show:

"We played our first shows as a band in 1998, on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood."

We have a 1997 show date for Xero.

Chester wasn't a part of the band till 1999, so why do they say that their first show was in 1998?

just like he said.

this year gonna end with at least 20 shows.

Like I said on Twitter, there have been warmup shows for international tours as far back as 2008, so it's not a surprise they are doing a show. It is a surprise that they are headlining this festival, though. And like the 2009 announcement of "this is our only show!!!111omg", they always add another one :P

I guess they'll only add a few more to the Asian Tour now. I wonder if they'll do a European Tour after Asia or if they'll go back to the studio.

"We played our first shows as a band in 1998, on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood."

Chester wasn't a part of the band till 1999, so why do they say that their first show was in 1998?

I guess we need to start questioning this, or maybe LP is just wrong. The official merch shirt says 1998, the LPU demos reference 1998 as "Linkin Park" w/ Chester, and this says 1998 as well. But Chester joined in 1999. Confusing indeed.

the 1997 show is in the end of the year so maybe he's confused by that, or this show was in the beginning of 1999. Edited by Skipees

Like I said on Twitter, there have been warmup shows for international tours as far back as 2008, so it's not a surprise they are doing a show. It is a surprise that they are headlining this festival, though. And like the 2009 announcement of "this is our only show!!!111omg", they always add another one :P

I guess they'll only add a few more to the Asian Tour now. I wonder if they'll do a European Tour after Asia or if they'll go back to the studio.

I guess we need to start questioning this, or maybe LP is just wrong. The official merch shirt says 1998, the LPU demos reference 1998 as "Linkin Park" w/ Chester, and this says 1998 as well. But Chester joined in 1999. Confusing indeed.

Perhaps someone should ask them in the next m&g?

Was a bit dissapointed by the announcement thought it was gonna be something else that people all over the world can get like some new songs or something,i even threw my chicken nuggets on the screen when i found out lol

But ehh ill just see videos of the show on youtube posted like a week later,so i wont be going :)

We played our first shows as a band in 1998, on the Sunset Strip in West Hollywood. When we were approached about an opportunity to play a special show on the strip, we couldn't say no.

i know it's in the same street, but this show is not one of the "Whisky a Go Go" shows, right?

Adam said Pre-Sale tickets will be Will Call.

What exactly does that mean?

And I actually am going to be buying a LPU ticket for this because I want to go. I have family in CA and we may be going. If so, I can't wait.

And I actually am going to be buying a LPU ticket for this because I want to go. I have family in CA and we may be going. If so, I can't wait.

Fuck it, it's Preston's birthday on 8/3 and it's like $171 one-way...might consider it too. Can't believe in August it will be a full year since they did a USA tour. Dang.

Fuck it, it's Preston's birthday on 8/3 and it's like $171 one-way...might consider it too. Can't believe in August it will be a full year since they did a USA tour. Dang.

Is Preston going to this show? And yeah I seriously am considering it. I have an Aunt who lives in CA and this would totally fit with our schedule. I really want to see LP again before the LT cycle is over. I feel like out of the 3 shows I attended on the HCT, Camden was the only good one. The special LPU section sounds epic, too. I also bet LP will do something special at this show. I think you should go Hahninator. This will definitely be a better show then when you came up to my neck of the woods for Uncasville and Mansfield.

I assume that means that tickets will be at the Will Call window instead of being mailed, so you have to pick them up at the venue.

The LPU section sounds great. Just wish I had the money to go.

I assume that means that tickets will be at the Will Call window instead of being mailed, so you have to pick them up at the venue.

The LPU section sounds great. Just wish I had the money to go.

Sounds a bit silly to me why they wouldn't be mailed, but it's whatever. I would be coming all the way from MA just to attend this show so I'm not sure if I would trust not having the physical tickets before leaving.

Bring a bacon platter.

Honestly, I think Mike just doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about anymore these days about the old LP. He can remember all kinds of random stuff but can't get the founding year right (several times already)?

Poor scalpers.