Linkin Park Headlining LA's Sunset Strip Fest 8/3

hahninator

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even if he did, we have a 1997 show date, which is prior to the band's "first" 1998 show.

Mike said one of the band's first show, not the very first show. I still think this all needs to get sorted out with Mike somehow. We all know Chester joined Linkin Park, or then Hybrid Theory, in March of 1999 because he got the call and demo on his 23rd birthday. Chester was born in 1976. He then went to LA days after and met LP, lived in his car while there for about a week or two, and the band chose Chester as the lead singer, the rest is history. Mark was in Xero in 1997 and they recorded the 4-track demo in 1997 as well, and I am pretty sure Mark left in 1997. So that left 1998 without a lead singer. Very weird to me.

someone ask about it in linkinpark.com let's see if Mike answer or fix the post.

Mark was in Xero in 1997 and they recorded the 4-track demo in 1997 as well, and I am pretty sure Mark left in 1997. So that left 1998 without a lead singer. Very weird to me.

not sure if Mark left in 1997, but i was wonder about the "space" too.

we know when Chester joined, but when Mark left?

Edited by Skipees

LOL suit yourself.

Hey man, LP is my 2nd fav band, if I had to go to one of their shows itd be LP. Im just saying I wouldnt go cross country if theres another option. This doesnt apply to oiu though haha. Imagine if they use the same sets again...

Hey man, LP is my 2nd fav band, if I had to go to one of their shows itd be LP. Im just saying I wouldnt go cross country if theres another option. This doesnt apply to oiu though haha. Imagine if they use the same sets again...

I wouldn't mind if it were the same set. I love LP and I love seeing LP live. I'd travel for the entire world back to back for LP if I could.

Just so you guys now, the sunset strip music festival site has been updated with an article from Chester. It clears up the whole 1998/Mike situation from earlier in this thread..

LINKIN PARK TO HEADLINE 2013 SUNSET STRIP MUSIC FESTIVAL – TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

The sixth annual Sunset Strip Music Festival (SSMF) will be headlined by LINKIN PARK at the Saturday, August 3 street festival on the famed Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood. Tickets for the street festival are available NOW at sunsetstrip.eventbrite.com.

The Grammy Award-winning and multi-platinum California rock band and SSMF are partnering to create a unique festival experience that will let attendees “rock for a cause” with a significant portion of ticket sales to benefit Music For Relief, the nonprofit organization LINKIN PARK founded to support disaster relief, provide aid to survivors of natural disasters and support the prevention of such disasters via environmental programs.

LINKIN PARK — Chester Bennington, Rob Bourdon, Brad Delson, Dave “Phoenix” Farrell, Joe Hahn and Mike Shinoda — are excited to perform at SSMF, as it will be their only North American performance for the rest of 2013. This also marks the band’s first performance in Los Angeles since May 2012, when they performed an intimate benefit show at the House of Blues Sunset Strip.

“We started our career playing clubs on The Strip,” said lead vocalist Chester Bennington. “Its a thrill to be back where it all began, headlining this festival in our hometown.”

“We are happy to welcome Linkin Park back to The Sunset Strip as headliners at this year’s festival. The band started their career on The Strip at The Roxy. It is fitting to see them perform on the boulevard’s largest stage, outdoors with thousands of fans. We are also happy to partner with Music for Relief this year, which continues to give back to those in need around the world,” noted SSMF executive director Todd Steadman.

As in years past for the Saturday event, Sunset Boulevard will be closed to traffic between Doheny Drive and San Vicente Boulevard and transformed into a premier concert destination with two outdoor stages, beer gardens, an artist autograph tent, an outdoor VIP rooftop lounge, silent disco, VIP Lounge at On The Rox, food trucks and interactive experiences. The festival will announce additional artists as well as the 2013 honoree in the coming weeks.

Chester said they started out their career by playing shows on the strip, and the first show was at the Roxy, which was the 1997 Xero show. Clears that all up.

Oh ok I didn't know it was that far. Of course one bus wouldn't take you all the way. I assume you'd have to go from major city to major city but even with a car it seems like a long ass trip. Like Numbrocker said you might want to look into a flight.

Oh ok I didn't know it was that far. Of course one bus wouldn't take you all the way. I assume you'd have to go from major city to major city but even with a car it seems like a long ass trip. Like Numbrocker said you might want to look into a flight.

Flight is the way to go, you can find really cheap flights.

the only Guess from Xero could be... anyway it's looks like the Chester-STP thing makes Mike to reminisces.

I also wonder if that means they are going to do something special at that show.

you want me to say the P word? Edited by Skipees