What is the "holy grail" now?

Astat

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah man it would be so interesting to see that early footage of Xero I mean I can guarantee it'll be really shitty quality and the band would probably been sloppy and amateur compared to now,.. But seeing mark with them would be insane.

Xero's first show was in November of 1997 opening for SOAD. But that would be the greatest ''holy grail'' of all if we got that recording, I would literally explode of happiness.

As far as the MTM Theater Version, I'm not sure if it was broadcasted outside of the US. The worst part about that is the fact that nobody bothered to record it because at the time nobody knew if it was just going to be the same Making of MTM that came out with the special edition a week later or whatever. Plus a lot of people are afraid to film in theater because of what might happen, however, I'm sure if everyone knew it was going to be that rare and never show again, someone would have filmed it. I don't understand why this particular holy grail is so hard to find. We know Mark Fiore has all that footage and what use is it now in 2014 when the footage dates back to 2006/2007? He could probably give it to us through the LPU library or give it to LPL or something, he probably doesn't know how badly the LP fanbase wants it. I see fans talking about it everywhere, LPU, LPA, LPL, etc.

Oh, I thought you meant the July 1997 show, because I know a pro-shot of SOAD exists from the 1997-07-11 gig and is in wide circulation. I don't know anything about November 1997, if there's no footage of SOAD from this gig I would assume there's none from Xero either.

• 2 months later...

If anybody is still interested in the Webster Hall Making Of MTM Version, I found this on the internet a few days ago. A lot of this commentary was stuff that used during that Making Of, and you'll notice that even some of this was on the Making Of MTM DVD. There is still a lot missing, like Chester and Dave talking about 21 Stitches, Mike playing us the party during BIO, Mike showing us the band members vocals for HHH, but this is still cool.

http://www.muzik40.com/74601/linkin-park-about-minutes-to-midnight-audio-commentary

If anybody is still interested in the Webster Hall Making Of MTM Version, I found this on the internet a few days ago. A lot of this commentary was stuff that used during that Making Of, and you'll notice that even some of this was on the Making Of MTM DVD. There is still a lot missing, like Chester and Dave talking about 21 Stitches, Mike playing us the party during BIO, Mike showing us the band members vocals for HHH, but this is still cool.

http://www.muzik40.com/74601/linkin-park-about-minutes-to-midnight-audio-commentary

This is actually in the "Linkin Park Discography" torrent at rutracker labeled as "International Version Bonus Track."

It was added right after Living Things came out.

• 10 months later...

- Xero show recording.

- Pictureboard.

- Making of Hybrid Theory.

- My December (Team Sleep Remix).

- Thoughts That Take Away My Pride Song.

- DSP's of Projekt Revolution 2004.

- Machine Shop Mixtape 2005 Song.

- Grecian.

- Other demos created for Transformers 2.

- Left To Right Song.

- Making of Living Things.

- The folk songs from 2011 and 2012.

- 2013 shows DSP's.

- Making of The Hunting Party.

- 2014 shows DSP's.

- 2015 shows DSP's.

- Xero show recording.

- Pictureboard.

- Making of Hybrid Theory.

- My December (Team Sleep Remix).

- Thoughts That Take Away My Pride Song.

- DSP's of Projekt Revolution 2004.

- Machine Shop Mixtape 2005 Song.

- Grecian.

- Other demos created for Transformers 2.

- Left To Right Song.

- Making of Living Things.

- The folk songs from 2011 and 2012.

- 2013 shows DSP's.

- Making of The Hunting Party.

- 2014 shows DSP's.

- 2015 shows DSP's.

Half of that is stuff we post in the LPU Wishlist page, but yeah live videos/DSP recordings of material is the main focus here.

• 3 months later...

This is actually in the "Linkin Park Discography" torrent at rutracker labeled as "International Version Bonus Track."

It was added right after Living Things came out.

Could someone upload it on MEGA?

I don't want to download the whole Torrent.

• 3 weeks later...

The Ostrick Lockout tapes are also a huge holy grail, it's funny how Slip is labeled as an 1998 demo and Mike said that it probably didn't even have a name and yet they rehearsed it several times during '99. I think it was clearly a candidate for inclusion in Hybrid Theory. If Marc Ostrick really did tape the entire show it's likely Slip and Esaúl would be on the setlist.

Did we ever confirm if he taped a Hybrid Theory band performance? The trailer indicates he did but I believe when someone asked him, he said he only taped the rehearsal footage/the interview stuff that is shown in his video clips. Slip and Esaul are definitely in there. He probably has another song or two as well.

We've gotten quotes from him on an asking price but it's SO absurdly high, it's not even worth negotiating. There are some things LPLive CANNOT raise money for and one of those is the Ostrick tapes, among others.

Did we ever confirm if he taped a Hybrid Theory band performance? The trailer indicates he did but I believe when someone asked him, he said he only taped the rehearsal footage/the interview stuff that is shown in his video clips. Slip and Esaul are definitely in there. He probably has another song or two as well.

5 – How many minutes/hours of Linkin Park footage do you have?

I have about 2.5 hours worth of raw footage.

http://linkinparkbr.com/noticias/2014/10/27/entrevista-marc-ostrick/