What is the "holy grail" now?

Astat

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few more I could add after reading other responses would be Pictureboard, 20 Eyes, Marc Ostrick's Lockout footage (this could potentially qualify as the "older than Orlando 2000 live show" too, depending on what all he filmed), and the original One Step Closer music video. DBS Hamburg 2009 would be really cool too. Sao Paolo 2004 would be awesome given the sheer size/energy of the crowd, but I feel like the "epic factor" of that show took quite a hit when Camden came out, since it's the same setlist (which we previously didn't have a proshot of).

Also, completely forgot about the full recording of Top of the Pops 2003 (which I guess is finally okay to talk about 10 years later, seeing as Simon was just talking about it on here a few weeks back)!

Judging from the text it was originally intended to be something used for the music video, which we all know didn't happened in the end. The file says live so maybe it was just the live performance from that show? not a music video.

My "holy grail" list:

- PICTUREBOARD

- A live Xero show

- A live show pre-Orlando 2000 (1998, 1999, or early 2000)

- Smokeout 2003 full proshot

- Marc Ostrick videos (Esaul rehearsal, Slip rehearsal, maybe even other stuff)

- Pre-2007 DSPs (PR04, MWT 04, UK fall 2003)

- A DSP of a Europe 2007/2008

- Top Of The Pops 2003 full show

- lprocks BOW/FM sources

- Mexico 2002 full proshot

- FM Hamburg 2005

- Minneapolis 2003 proshot?

- Any upgrades of the old shows (worcester, wantagh, irvine, miami, pittsburgh etc)

- Irvine 2001 full proshot

- Manson Jar another angle

- Fillmore full proshot

- Rock Im Park 2001 full proshot

- Any footage from the 2nd day of RIP 2001

- Washington 2001 audio/video

- Somerset 2001 master upgrade of the full show

- Milton Keynes 2008 LP_Bartek video

- Sonisphere UK 2009 LP_Bartek video

etc etc etc. TOO much good stuff out there haha :D.

and personally:

Novarock 2007 full camcorder source if it's exists.

Venezia 2008 another angle.

Oh and this:

- Posted Image

Edited by xdespisedkidx

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the next 'holy grail' show will pop up sooner than we all expect. Just like Jonas said, we've had stuff fall into our laps totally unexpectedly over the years.

Mountain View 04 was obtained at random when the taper contacted Mark and offered it to him.

Kings College, Palladium 01 (as well as She Couldn't and Plaster demos) popped up on eBay.

Camden 04 was totally unknown to us only a short time before we released it.

MFR was thought to have possibly been lost before we got it.

The London workprint was a surprise addition in trying to obtain MFR.

As far as I'm concerned, the only footage at this point which has 'holy grail' status is the Xero show, and that's not even 100% confirmed/documented. No offense to anyone's want lists in this thread, but very few audience sourced shows are going to have the quality to live up to the hype of really wanting it, except in cases where it's a show that the person wanting it attended that particular show.

After Xero, those that I might consider for such status:

The Ostrick tapes (though the owner seems to want enough $ for a down payment on a house for the tapes).

Smokeout 03

The Roxy/One Step Closer video taping

Mexico 02 (which we THOUGHT we were getting. Not even going there...)

After that... Things like Rock am Ring 07 and similar shows are unlikely to be obtained (by us, mind you) because they're being held by the copyright owner or withheld at the band's/label's wishes. Those above are more likely to end up in our possession.

The Ostrick tapes (though the owner seems to want enough $ for a down payment on a house for the tapes).

this is probably the only problem with having threads like this - people will catch wind that this stuff is highly sought after :lol:

that's for sure... but if you must pick only 1-5, which ones from your list you will choose?

- Older DSP's prior to 2007.

- 20 Eyes studio version.

- Making of MTM shown in theaters in 2007.

- Xero's First Show

Edited by Geki

Sorry for being dumb but what is that picture of? Looks like Projekt Revolution 2002 judging by the stage design. So is it My December live from PR02? Because we have a video of that, although kind of shitty. I just got a higher res version of the one that's on YouTube, from an LPU archive.

A few more I could add after reading other responses would be Pictureboard, 20 Eyes, Marc Ostrick's Lockout footage (this could potentially qualify as the "older than Orlando 2000 live show" too, depending on what all he filmed), and the original One Step Closer music video. DBS Hamburg 2009 would be really cool too. Sao Paolo 2004 would be awesome given the sheer size/energy of the crowd, but I feel like the "epic factor" of that show took quite a hit when Camden came out, since it's the same setlist (which we previously didn't have a proshot of).

Also, completely forgot about the full recording of Top of the Pops 2003 (which I guess is finally okay to talk about 10 years later, seeing as Simon was just talking about it on here a few weeks back)!

Marc Ostrick reportedly filmed them doing a rehearsal in LA (which we have the clips of Esaul and Slip from) as well as a full 30 minute Hybrid Theory band live show. So there is no telling what they performed there. I mean that's pretty much as holy grail as it gets because they might have even played a song we don't even know of. Maybe Slip live, Pictureboard live, song demos of known songs on Hybrid Theory, etc. Who knows.

The original OSC live video would be cool to see. If the link was online at one point surely it's out there somewhere. Hmm. And yes the Sao Paulo epic factor was destroyed with Camden, which is an epic show.

Mountain View 04 was obtained at random when the taper contacted Mark and offered it to him.

Kings College, Palladium 01 (as well as She Couldn't and Plaster demos) popped up on eBay.

Camden 04 was totally unknown to us only a short time before we released it.

MFR was thought to have possibly been lost before we got it.

The London workprint was a surprise addition in trying to obtain MFR.

Yeah what people need to understand is almost every epic thing we've posted ever on LPLive has just fallen into our hands randomly. MV04 I literally got an email one day with a guy saying he had it for me (the taper) haha. Spent years getting MFR 2005, so glad that finally came. We are always working on getting more stuff (even now) but stuff that is known is pretty difficult to get. It's the unknown stuff that we usually can obtain.

Smokeout 2003 I think we will get someday. They were so willing to upload Breaking The Habit, Papercut, Points Of Authority and the clips file for us. However WBR probably told them "WTF are you doing?" and that's the end of that. Maybe something can be done someday.

Sorry for being dumb but what is that picture of? Looks like Projekt Revolution 2002 judging by the stage design. So is it My December live from PR02? Because we have a video of that, although kind of shitty. I just got a higher res version of the one that's on YouTube, from an LPU archive.

My December, KROQ AAC 2001 first night.

Like a good quality version of it? Isn't the webcast already common?

No idea. The picture in question is one I've had on my LP Guitars website for at least 5 years, I wasn't even aware that it was a video screenshot.

No idea. The picture in question is one I've had on my LP Guitars website for at least 5 years, I wasn't even aware that it was a video screenshot.

But it really looks like a video screenshot. The resolution is NTSC DVD. Have black borders around the pitcure like most of MiniDV sources and the whole picture is a bit grainy like any handheld camera videos.

Edited by lpmaskmancick

not that I want this to happen, but I wonder what the band/management's policy on all this material (that they own) would be if the band were to break up?

or failing that, if the band went independent? (although I doubt that will happen)