What is the "holy grail" now?

Astat

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should come up with a main list of 'holy grails' that we all collectively want the most, and try to obtain them and decipher how to get them.

Edited by Geki

• 2 months later...

*bump*

There's on more thing about the Ostrick tapes I'd like to add that I think I forgot to mention. What's even more important than the big amount of money that he demands is, that he agrees on whatever we want to do with it. He's just licensing it. I'm not sure about the laws in the US but usually even if the sells it he still holds the copyright. And the last thing we want is to get sued by him.

So the only way really would be to get some sort of agreement with him that we can use it for a webcast or something like that. I'd assume he wouldn't allow it to be released for a normal download without asking for a lot more money.

My General "Want" list other than Proshots of LP OTHER than Torrents...

2008 Milton Keynes DSP (I can't really ask for a link because DSPs aren't allowed on here)

Live in Texas "Full MP3 rip of the Video show, just cut the silent part as soon as the screen stops to say "Linkin Park: Live in Texas" and at the end, when the crowd noise has finished fading out, just end it there.. LOL"

and that's pretty much it...

The Holy Grail

So the only way really would be to get some sort of agreement with him that we can use it for a webcast or something like that. I'd assume he wouldn't allow it to be released for a normal download without asking for a lot more money.

after 14 years Ostrick didn't got even one dollar for his tapes, so why he insists on high price?

Maybe because the more time passes - the more valuable those tapes get?

no it's not a bottle of wine lol.

this tapes have the same value now same as they had in 2007.

so he wants more money for "full" rights?

I think the price he's asking for is "normal". Like the same price he'd ask if he licensed it to a TV station for example. They have more funds and it's a lot easier for them to afford of course.

More money for the full rights is just my assumption right here based on simple logic but then again I don't know what rights come with the normal price.

Maybe but even if that is still far away from the "holy grail" definition and the whole point of this discussion. Everyone has a personal wants list but that's something different. Can we please just move on from this?

The past showed us that we usually had the best luck with things we didn't know about since those are usually easier to get.

There have been a couple of cases where we (the community, not LPL staff) didn't end up getting something because too many people knew about something and just pissed the people off by bugging them.

Maybe but even if that is still far away from the "holy grail" definition and the whole point of this discussion. Everyone has a personal wants list but that's something different. Can we please just move on from this?

The past showed us that we usually had the best luck with things we didn't know about since those are usually easier to get.

Agreed, and I kinda got confused about Holy Grail and want list..........................

There have been a couple of cases where we (the community, not LPL staff) didn't end up getting something because too many people knew about something and just pissed the people off by bugging them.

this is why only one person needs to do it, and in this case it's only about the money anyway. Edited by Skipees

More live audio from Fort Minor, Bucket Of Weenies, Dead By Sunrise and Camp Freddy would be really nice. We only have 1 or 2 show for some of those. As for Linkin Park stuff, I have pretty much all the stuff I want. Old DSP's are good but I think we have a slim chance of those getting released.

I really want the Making of MTM: Theater Edition. I thought it was neat. I remember them showing each individual layer of Hands Held High of each band member singing haha.

Yes, I have heard about this. Seems very interesting. It's a shame the video was never released on LPU, because they have a huge LPTV library.

• 11 months later...

Glasgow, Scotland, SCEE in November 03

Just because I was there and that was my first LP show :D, but last show in Scotland :(

Also any show from the North American tour in 04, any show from Projekt Revolution in 04 & Summer Sonic shows in 06.

Out of interest, would a pre HT/ Xero show actually exist? I mean is there even proof someone actually recorded the band back then? I mean I'd love to see such an early and rare performance but I really doubt something like that would ever surface. If there is a tape of it, it's probably in someone's attic with a bunch of other family videos gathering dust that will never even seen ever again :lol:

Also, that making of MTM Webster hall version, was it ever broadcast outside America?

There exists a show from a July 1997, opening for SOAD. Someone bought the original tape on eBay, that's what I heard

Xero's first show was in November of 1997 opening for SOAD. But that would be the greatest ''holy grail'' of all if we got that recording, I would literally explode of happiness.

As far as the MTM Theater Version, I'm not sure if it was broadcasted outside of the US. The worst part about that is the fact that nobody bothered to record it because at the time nobody knew if it was just going to be the same Making of MTM that came out with the special edition a week later or whatever. Plus a lot of people are afraid to film in theater because of what might happen, however, I'm sure if everyone knew it was going to be that rare and never show again, someone would have filmed it. I don't understand why this particular holy grail is so hard to find. We know Mark Fiore has all that footage and what use is it now in 2014 when the footage dates back to 2006/2007? He could probably give it to us through the LPU library or give it to LPL or something, he probably doesn't know how badly the LP fanbase wants it. I see fans talking about it everywhere, LPU, LPA, LPL, etc.

Out of interest, would a pre HT/ Xero show actually exist? I mean is there even proof someone actually recorded the band back then? I mean I'd love to see such an early and rare performance but I really doubt something like that would ever surface. If there is a tape of it, it's probably in someone's attic with a bunch of other family videos gathering dust that will never even seen ever again :lol:

There is no first hand evidence. The only evidence there is, is that there's a recording of the SOAD set from this show and that this tape was sold. There's no screenshot or sample that proves it 100%. Maybe someone from the band/management obtained the tape to keep it unreleased, you never know, at least that would be an explanation why it never surfaced again.