27.02.2013 - Melbourne, Australia - Sidewave

hahninator

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had such a good time last night, I'm still buzzing from it. LP put on an awesome show they all seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Coincidently I was at the show when Chester broke his wrist and also at the live debut of Blackout and Burning In The Skies so to hear APFMH in the encore plus Rob's drum solo just topped it off.

Also did anyone else noticed that the sound was a bit off at times? Mike and Chester had really squeaky voices like they've just sucked in some helium.

Just posted the clip of both apfmh/bio this morning. Enjoy :)

btw I apologize that the video part of the video isn't great because I was using an older iPod touch to record this, hopefully someone will have a better video out there. Edited by crusader25

Holy sweet fuck Shinoda was in the zone on that APFMH performance. Wow. Really cool.

ITE clearly won the poll (fuck the casual fans lol...not really but fuck them for 1 song since ITE is played at every show) but they did APFMH anyway. Hell yeah.

It's no secret he and Chester absolutely love playing this song. Chester makes it clear every time gear breaks and he wants to play APFMH but Shinoda just made it clear on that performance. I hope the rest of the band loves it as much as they do lol. Damn they absolutely nailed it. So much energy.

First time I've heard Brad play the intro straight to the first verse guitar part in many years.

Holy sweet fuck Shinoda was in the zone on that APFMH performance. Wow. Really cool.

ITE clearly won the poll (fuck the casual fans lol...not really but fuck them for 1 song since ITE is played at every show) but they did APFMH anyway. Hell yeah.

It's no secret he and Chester absolutely love playing this song. Chester makes it clear every time gear breaks and he wants to play APFMH but Shinoda just made it clear on that performance. I hope the rest of the band loves it as much as they do lol. Damn they absolutely nailed it. So much energy.

First time I've heard Brad play the intro straight to the first verse guitar part in many years.

YEAH! I'm with you here. Fuck the casual fans!...

This was one of the best APFMH performances ever!. Chester sounds amazing, Mike rapping hard.

The whole band sounds like they never played the song before...

Hope LP do this kind of changes more usually. Is like they always do something to shut our mouths when we complain about the Setlist!... Maybe MS is coming again to the forum to check some opinions, what do you think?

No offense, but Melbournes crowd sucked... I was literly able to stand in the pit and move around. But anyway here's some show notes.

Midway throught Castle Of Class, rob was having issues with his kick drum. I'm not sure if it was the actual pedal or a kick trigger but there was definitely something going on.

Mike gave the crowd a vote between in the end and APFMH, it sounded like everyone wanted ITE more. Mike said it sounded like a 'tie' but the guys went with APFMH insteed haha. Mike also went down in the pit for end of the song.

Also Mike carried his rap that he normally does in the bridge into the outro too.

Bleed it out had an unexpected unrehereshed drum solo. Nobody knew when to come back in which mike accidentally did halfway through the solo haha.

Not jumping on the "get rid of Numb" bandwagon yet because I still argue that song gets more of a response then the majority of the set, but if they were to something like a Set A: APFMH/Numb and Set B: In The End/PowerlessorI'llBeGone, I'd be cool with that.

You guys should tweet the band (Mike, Chester, Joe, Phoenix) how much you liked the change!

Maybe MS is coming again to the forum to check some opinions, what do you think?

If Mike was lurking the forums, maybe he saw the poll (Probably not if he was viewing as a guest though)

Actually I do believe Mike is a member here. And staff really has no idea which of the 6,000+ members he is and it is basically impossible to find out. Finding it out would be silly anyway. My opinion (no legit facts to back this up) is that he is a member at LPA and here. What was said at the Summit in London though is interesting to me - Mike said the Lying From You/Leave Out All The Rest additions on that Fall 2010 European Tour were because of what he read here at LPLive by the members.

We'll never know for sure but it's cool to think about. I'm sure he saw the poll on Twitter for the older songs, I'm sure he saw us talking about the Set A encore, etc. The guy isn't stupid, he is very in tune with the fans and he cares a lot about his band. Simple facts. I'd be reading the same stuff if I was the machine behind Linkin Park too, wouldn't you? I'd want to know what the hardcore fans are saying online on the fansites.

I would guess the APFMH change in Melbourne came because of something someone said to him at the LPU M&G about going to multiple shows but it is possible he read it online and/or also read something on a fansite about people talking about the shows/setlists.

We'll never know for sure but it's cool to think about. I'm sure he saw the poll on Twitter for the older songs, I'm sure he saw us talking about the Set A encore, etc. The guy isn't stupid, he is very in tune with the fans and he cares a lot about his band. Simple facts. I'd be reading the same stuff if I was the machine behind Linkin Park too, wouldn't you? I'd want to know what the hardcore fans are saying online on the fansites.

Aside from fans having their own opinion, there's probably a case to be made about strengthening the band-fan connection if they were open to setlist suggestions from the fanbase. Not the crazy dream setlists, but more so setlist variations and such. Some of us have even suggested alternate song intros and outros. I'm still waiting for What I've Done (Distorted Remix Intro) to make it into a set. :D

I would guess the APFMH change in Melbourne came because of something someone said to him at the LPU M&G about going to multiple shows but it is possible he read it online and/or also read something on a fansite about people talking about the shows/setlists.

This

The girl I was with during the show said it was because of the LPU. Phoenix actually noticed her from The Sydney show (we were dead front and centre on the barrier) so they have noticed people like me and the other guys are doing the full circle with them.

Fingers crossed they keep throwing different stuff for us! :)