21.02.2013 - Auckland, NZ - LPU Summit #8

hahninator

While speaking about songs I'm ok with anything they do I'm cool . But yes it is hard to carry those stages and give the fans same experience of shows worldwide . Btw Where pyros used in the show ? And IMO the stages like Meteora era have gone I have not still seen a used setup like that I wish they made something in every tour Atleast in upcoming Asia tour , still waiting for news and dates :D

Edited by aravind221

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that they only used the cool stage in the US? It hasn't been used in South Africa or in New Zealand? It seems kinda lazy that they're using the 'stripped back' version of the ATS stage. Anyone know why? They've never had trouble carrying stages across continents before?

What stage are you talking about? Can't see any difference from the HCT stage.

He means the "X-Stage" wasn't brought to the foreign countries. I think Astat explained this somewhere but they only had so many copies of the stage (2 or 3 I believe). It would take a lot of time to transport them to different continents and reassemble them, I think. Astat will probably clear this up later :P

Set B opens with APFMH and closes with a medley of LFY, Papercut and one other which I can't remember. It was sitting on Joe's decks at the Summit.

Stone Sour were fucking awesome. Chester was praising them when Linkin Park came on stage.

The encore for Set B is TINFOIL, Faint, LFY/Papercut, OSC

Just did a quick check and this will be the first time NZ and Japan would see these setlists, as the band hasn't been back in years.

So why would they create a new setlist? I mean NZ hasn't even seen ATS, so they missed out on WTCFM, The Messenger, Wretches and Kings, etc.., Japan's last setlist was the awful nonsense from 2011.

Until they hit the states or Europe again, the band has no real reason to change the setlists. Which the way the scheduling is going I think will be a while. Definitely 2014 for the US.

Just did a quick check and this will be the first time NZ and Japan would see these setlists, as the band hasn't been back in years.

So why would they create a new setlist? I mean NZ hasn't even seen ATS, so they missed out on WTCFM, The Messenger, Wretches and Kings, etc.., Japan's last setlist was the awful nonsense from 2011.

Until they hit the states or Europe again, the band has no real reason to change the setlists. Which the way the scheduling is going I think will be a while. Definitely 2014 for the US.

^ THIS! People on here seem to think that LP makes the sets for them, but LP makes them for the people at the shows, who haven't seen these sets yet, so there is no reason to change it.

Well, Japan has seen BID, LGM, and Numb at the two shows back in June last year so drop those and play something new XD

Didn't think about it the way you did... It makes more sense now. But if they don't make a new set in the six months they have I'm gonna rage. They have a pass for this tour.

The frustration from people comes from Shinoda saying that they were changing the three sets after 2012 for the 2013 tour and then they haven't changed anything. I believe he said new setlists for 2013 and it hasn't happened yet so that's why people are upset right now.

The frustration from people comes from Shinoda saying that they were changing the three sets after 2012 for the 2013 tour and then they haven't changed anything. I believe he said new setlists for 2013 and it hasn't happened yet so that's why people are upset right now.

It also may have something to do with the fact that NZ/Australia is, for all intents and purposes, the end of the Living Things touring cycle, and as short as it's been, it'd be nice to see SOME kind of variety. This tour started out so promising in Europe and just completely crashed and burned after the first couple HCT shows. One song from the first four albums COMBINED that was never played live...and now 5 songs from Living Things that most likely will never be played. How can you NOT be disappointed by that?

Living Things touring cycle = Way too short/inconsistent, way too many places left out, way too many missed opportunities.

I don't remember when Mike said it, but he must have because it was in the back of my mind while I was in Vegas. Sean also said new setlist. So really Shinoda kind of dropped the ball here because if they hadn't changed the setlist then they could have argued what I said before. One song difference does not make a new set, but not gonna lie, I didn't expect too much in Vegas. Was really just hoping for IBG.

It also may have something to do with the fact that NZ/Australia is, for all intents and purposes, the end of the Living Things touring cycle, and as short as it's been, it'd be nice to see SOME kind of variety. This tour started out so promising in Europe and just completely crashed and burned after the first couple HCT shows. One song from the first four albums COMBINED that was never played live...and now 5 songs from Living Things that most likely will never be played. How can you NOT be disappointed by that?

Living Things touring cycle = Way too short/inconsistent, way too many places left out, way too many missed opportunities.

I think it's because they spaced out their touring, and did less of it, that it seems so off right now. Like I was honestly surprised at the fact that they didn't hit anywhere twice 2012/2013, and how long it's been for NZ.

I'm not going to be disappointed until their new album tour. Maybe they'll do another Europe/US for Living Things that will cover the other 5 songs in 2014. There doesn't seem to be any indication that after Japan they're heading back to the studio. However, if that's the case then I'll be the first person bitching lol. But I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for right now.

And I said this in the Summer Sonic thread, keep in mind that the band is mostly made up of dads now, and Jim and Sean have kids too. I think shorter tours are going to be the norm from now on.

Honda Civic Tour

Thnx Rahul I'm bad in abbreviations too much work so lost track of much lol. Between you all are worried about set lists we are worried about tour dates almost nothing is out so far major dissapiinment for Asia . They have to seriously consider this side of world and also UK France They haven't had anything for long time being strong fanbase areas

Edited by aravind221

Thnx Rahul I'm bad in abbreviations too much work so lost track of much lol. Between you all are worried about set lists we are worried about tour dates almost nothing is out so far major dissapiinment for Asia . They have to seriously consider this side of world and also UK France They haven't had anything for long time being strong fanbase areas

I am surprised why no more dates are coming for Asia tour , there is a buzz going on to get Linkin Park in India but no further news !! i am truly disappointed the way things are going on right now.

And for no reason that FLY music Festival having Limp Bizkit , Mastadon , Anthrax , the doors got cancelled at the last moment , i had got my tickets :(

Personally, I think it's unfair that the US only is getting one tour for the album and we only got to see about half of the new album performed live. Like wtf. I would have loved to see I'll Be Gone, Castle Of Glass, Roads Untraveled, Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks and Powerless live. I like those songs more than the other half of the album. If it were up to me, the touring schedule should have been like this...

Spring/early Summer 2012: The European/Russian tour

Summer 2012: Honda Civic Tour with more dates

Fall 2012: South America, South Africa

Winter 2012: AAC and some other off shows

Winter 2013: European/Australia tour

Spring/early summer 2013: European spring/summer tour

Summer 2013: Japan and a few off shows, maybe Russia, then another US summer tour

Fall 2013: Ending the tour in south America or some other places

Then by November/December, begin writing new LP album, take some of 2014 off it need be.

I don't see a reason to complain.

This is the first setlist that NZ has seen since Minutes to Midnight so the setlist, although used throughout 2012, was a perfect fit for NZ. Linkin Park aren't performing setlists for the people who are sitting at home & researching setlists, they're performing it for the audience who haven't seen them since 2007.

P.S. Mark, do you need photos of the setlist, tickets or summit pass?

Personally, I think it's unfair that the US only is getting one tour for the album and we only got to see about half of the new album performed live. Like wtf. I would have loved to see I'll Be Gone, Castle Of Glass, Roads Untraveled, Skin To Bone, Until It Breaks and Powerless live. I like those songs more than the other half of the album. If it were up to me, the touring schedule should have been like this...

Spring/early Summer 2012: The European/Russian tour

Summer 2012: Honda Civic Tour with more dates

Fall 2012: South America, South Africa

Winter 2012: AAC and some other off shows

Winter 2013: European/Australia tour

Spring/early summer 2013: European spring/summer tour

Summer 2013: Japan and a few off shows, maybe Russia, then another US summer tour

Fall 2013: Ending the tour in south America or some other places

Then by November/December, begin writing new LP album, take some of 2014 off it need be.

I think LP has shown that the shorter tour agrees with them more. I think the quality of shows in 2012/2013 are much higher then 2011. Plus pretty sure their wives would argue vehemently against that schedule.

I'm sure though that they will do something else in 2014, tour or not, because the band (Mike especially) likes to work a lot.

They said that their new idea was to tour less, but get an album out faster. So maybe they are going to the studio in 2014/late 2013.

Also while this tour was shorter, they did hit a lot of significant places, South America, South Africa, New Zealead, etc..

And I'm sure they'll play the rest of Living Things (with maybe the exception of UIB because it's so funky). Plus the US technically did get COG live in Vegas, though IMO I'd drop it for IBG. COG really slows it down. That or drop the Medley.

I feel like they should rotate out the old songs with more old songs, just to mix it up a bit

With You rotated with Figure.09

Points rotated with Don't Stay

SIB rotated with By Myself or Forgotten (with their guitar intros)

and because these songs are getting old

In The End replaced with Enth E Nd

New Divide rotated/replaced with PMA