LPTV - 'CASTLE OF GLASS' Rehearsals & Spike VGA

hahninator

Good video. I'm glad they addressed the way they were pronouncing "see". It bugged me that it was different from the album version, but ok now I get it.

I hope that they still are tweaking it a bit for Vegas.

Good to see that they're still having fun.

At 1:40, Pooch playback the recording of the rehearsal. it will be great if they release that "COG (Rehearsal Version)".

Pooch mixes/records all of LP's rehearsals these days. Don't really see why a release of something like that would be worthwhile (unless it was some unusual thing they did during rehearsals that never made it to the live show). The end result would pretty much just sound like a DSP without crowd noise.

Also, I love how Brad can be either seen or heard working on the acoustic guitar part throughout almost the entire video. Transposing chords to a guitar with the A string tuned down to F is probably a nightmare. :lol:

Edited by Astat

At 1:40, Pooch playback the recording of the rehearsal. it will be great if they release that "COG (Rehearsal Version)".

Like the Third Encore Sessions before Minutes to Midnight came out.

Now we have "Building it ERRRRRP" and "for you to SAAAAAYYYY"

It bugs me a lot but like someone said earlier I'm glad they addressed it. I suppose "see" sounds much better when tuned perfectly in the studio.

Mike: "Oh, there is one thing you should know. You're singing more of a "ERPPP"."

Chester: "We're building it ERRRRPPP."

Mike: "That'll help."

Like the Third Encore Sessions before Minutes to Midnight came out.

They've done it multiple times since then, but the release one is actually from before the Honda Civic Tour, that one is awesome. The Rio Social.

Can someone explain me the part that Mike explains that they are going to sing 'Say' instead of 'See'

I just dnt get it

to not sound like a whistle.. when you sing long "see" it becomes "see-eeeeee" try this. but when you sing long "say" it becomes to "say-yyyeee" and this more balanced. homework for tomorrow...

to not sound like a whistle.. when you sing long "see" it becomes "see-eeeeee" try this. but when you sing long "say" it becomes to "say-yyyeee" and this more balanced. homework for tomorrow...

That's weird, I still prefer the original ending

the first time they performed this it sounded strange and i thought that Chester messed up the lyrics a bit lol

thx

It also makes it a lot easier to hold the note.