LPU12 Tracklist

my wishlist:-

Demos of.....

1.Shifter (Somewhere I Belong Demo) one that has vocals but sounds nearer to the bus version.

2.Drum Song (the one rob was tracking on meteora)

3.Pictureboard (can't beleive people have given up on this)

4.E-Bow Idea (No More Sorrow)

5.When They Come For Me

6.And One

7.Papercut

8.Castle Of Glass

9.Tinfoil/Powerless

10.Catalyst

11.Numb (was it Nocturnal or was that just the fake file that was going round?!)

12.Bleed It Out

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, there must be something like a month left before the CD surfaces....

I'm mostly excited about unknow MTM demos this time. Some heavy material from the time would be awesome. And if not, other from MTM. I don't know, I'm in a phase where I want to hear more material from this era ahah

Edited by Qwerty18

At this point, there must be something like a month left before the CD surfaces....

I'm mostly excited about unknow MTM demos this time. Some heavy material from the time would be awesome. And if not, other from MTM. I don't know, I'm in a phase where I want to hear more material from this era ahah

I couldn't have said it better myself my friend.

Oh for fuck's sake stop with Pictureboard already. Mike probably doesn't even have a copy of it at this point.

Oh, he does. It was almost released once.... from what I heard. We'll see. I'd say it's more likely to appear on an LPU CD than anywhere else, so why not LPU 12?

Oh, he does. It was almost released once.... from what I heard. We'll see. I'd say it's more likely to appear on an LPU CD than anywhere else, so why not LPU 12?

won't there still be restrictions on licensing for Pictureboard (if it was ever to be released)

I know it's a convoluted system given that LPUers pay for a subscription, not just the CD, but isn't there still technically money being paid to Linkin Park for a CD featuring snippets of another artist's copyrighted material...?

I'm just tired of people begging for it, y'know? LPU11 proved that there's at least a few boxes full of demos we've never heard a single note of besides Pictureboard, why not ask for those instead of a demo title that's been thrown around for almost a decade?

This is how I feel about Pictureboard. Obviously the band cannot release it since of the copyright. We all know Mike has it, he probably has every single piece of music the band has recorded somewhere. But I don't get why the band can't remove the sample and release it. But I guess maybe that the whole song uses a sample or something. No clue.

This is how I feel about Pictureboard. Obviously the band cannot release it since of the copyright. We all know Mike has it, he probably has every single piece of music the band has recorded somewhere. But I don't get why the band can't remove the sample and release it. But I guess maybe that the whole song uses a sample or something. No clue.

Even if he has the song somewhere, he may not actually have the multi-track/recording session anymore and therefore can't just remove the sample.

lol what if it's such an important sample that it makes the song unlistenable if they removed it? Like leftshoe said the song is very old and they probably have no proper multitrack recording of it.

I think there are these 2 possibilites why they are not releasing the song:

1) they can't license the sample because the original artist says no

2) or it would be too expensive to license, that it wouldn't pay off to release it just for the LPU.

I didn't join the LPU chat the other day where Adama spilled some LPU12 news but I think he said no LT demos on the CD.

I didn't join the LPU chat the other day where Adama spilled some LPU12 news but I think he said no LT demos on the CD.

Ohoh, I wasn't aware of that chat, but it seems interesting, I need to find a transcript now ^^

Anyway, if it's really the case, I might be alone or not on this, but I'm glad there won't be LT demos on the CD

Personally, I prefer to get demos we have wanted for a long amount of time. LT is still fresh, I will probably be more curious about it when the LT era will be 4/5 years old, if it makes sense.

lol what if it's such an important sample that it makes the song unlistenable if they removed it? Like leftshoe said the song is very old and they probably have no proper multitrack recording of it.

I think there are these 2 possibilites why they are not releasing the song:

1) they can't license the sample because the original artist says no

2) or it would be too expensive to license, that it wouldn't pay off to release it just for the LPU.

Great, we need more MTM demos as well as some Meteora and ATS demos. I wouldn't ever want any LT tracks unless it was a demo of the ORIGINAL ''Folk'' version of COG.

Just throwing this out there: If Pictureboard was one of those "you HAVE to hear this, how did this not make an album?!" type of songs like Across the Line and a few other demos we've gotten over the years, I'm pretty sure they'd have worked out a way to release it by now (either that, or it would have "accidentally" leaked somewhere...). Generally, if the music is good enough, issues like sample clearances can usually be worked out. It's not like money is an issue to a band like LP. I'd obviously still like to see the song released someday, but even without having heard it, I have a feeling it's probably mediocre at best.

Just throwing this out there: If Pictureboard was one of those "you HAVE to hear this, how did this not make an album?!" type of songs like Across the Line and a few other demos we've gotten over the years, I'm pretty sure they'd have worked out a way to release it by now (either that, or it would have "accidentally" leaked somewhere...). Generally, if the music is good enough, issues like sample clearances can usually be worked out. It's not like money is an issue to a band like LP. I'd obviously still like to see the song released someday, but even without having heard it, I have a feeling it's probably mediocre at best.

Exactly. Like, the only reason half the forum is foaming at the mouth to hear the song is because it's attained this "legendary" status because we haven't heard it ever and the name's been known for over ten years. If the song was amazing, we would've heard it by now. But it clearly isn't/wasn't, so what's the point anymore?

I think there's a certain "waiting period" that LP wants to adhere to when it comes to releasing demos from their most recent album, they're probably worried that putting the demos out there so soon after the album's release would take away from it somehow. Probably the same reason we didn't get any ATS demos on LPU 11 other than Robot Boy (which was really just the album version with an alternate vocal take) and I Have Not Begun (which isn't really an ATS demo anyway, it's basically a leftover Fort Minor track that wasn't recorded until 2009).

true, bringing out all the demos from LT would be a bit pointless. plus I like the albums keeping their mystery (so to speak) for a while, before hearing some demos and the thought processes on later LPU CDs