LPU12 Tracklist

At one point Mike specifically wanted to know which exact demo version we had. This way we got different version for In The End of A Place For My Head.

This is a legit fact. Shinoda specifically wanted to know the EXACT versions of demos the fans had, ALL of them. And that's why Esaul/Untitled were different on the last LPU CD. He's pretty good about that. I think the WID remix was a legit thing where they didn't remember/realize we already had it.

Whoever decided to put on Across The Line to the LPU9 CD, wow. Holy grail of demos there. That song...dang. So good. LPU9 is a great CD.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about that ''thoughts that take away my pride'' Meteora demo that had complete instrumental and vocals done, and was even used in a 2007 LPTV episode? I bet we will never get that demo, sadly...

I wouldn't be surprised if that song eventually got released somehow (most likely via LPU). The way I look at it is that the band probably has a few demos with potential (Across the Line, that Meteora demo) and they don't want to release all of them at the same time, because that wouldn't really be the smartest thing, especially when they offer LPU CD's every year. If they put all the good ones on LPU9, the other CD's would probably suck.

LPU9 is a great CD.

this.

I personally don't think that they've yet topped LPU9. "Fear" from LPU9 was a stellar choice too

THERES A VERSION WITH AN ELECTRIC BANJO? Fuck everything else and let me hear that shit then.

yeah, read MTM's liner notes

Fuck that bullshit.

It should be...

01. 21 Stitches (''Given Up'' Demo 2006)

02. Accident (''Bleed It Out'' Demo 2006)

03. Shadow Of The Day (Demo 2006)

04. Song Q (''Hands Held High'' Demo 2006)

05. Ebow (''No More Sorrow'' Demo 2006)

06. Valentine's Day (Demo 2006)

07. In Between (Demo 2006)

08. Blackbirds (Demo 2006)

09. Japan (''Across The Line'' Demo 2006)

10. Thoughts That Take Away My Pride (Demo 2002)

;)

Honestly, I wouldn't like that. I pretty much prefer when they give us some materials that we have never heard before. Stuff like Slip, Blue, Broken Foot, What We Don't Know, I Have Not Begun, Pale ....

Demos of released songs are cool but we already know how those sounds. Sure there would be some variations, but even then...I think demos of unreleased songs are way more exclusives and fun to discover. Even if they're instrumentals. Because those are totally new music, and not 50% new.

On the other side, I'm pretty excited to hear the MTM demos Mike told you about at the summit. I just hope those are totally new, and not demos of LTGYA/In between/....

Edited by Qwerty18

Honestly, I wouldn't like that. I pretty much prefer when they give us some materials that we have never heard before. Stuff like Slip, Blue, Broken Foot, What We Don't Know, I Have Not Begun, Pale ....

Demos of released songs are cool but we already know how those sounds. Sure there would be some variations, but even then...I think demos of unreleased songs are way more exclusives and fun to discover. Even if they're instrumentals. Because those are totally new music, and not 50% new.

On the other side, I'm pretty excited to hear the MTM demos Mike told you about at the summit. I just hope those are totally new, and not demos of LTGYA/In between/....

Yes but obviously LP would never release that for a LPU CD. I will be content if there are at least 1 or 2 MTM demos on LPU12, if there is, the rest can be whatever.

If they are not going to release an official version of "She Couldn't", then I don't really care about what they put on LPU12. Something with vocals would be nice, though. Instrumental demos of songs they never finished seem pointless and boring to me. The vocals are the highlight of LP.

If they are not going to release an official version of "She Couldn't", then I don't really care about what they put on LPU12. Something with vocals would be nice, though. Instrumental demos of songs they never finished seem pointless and boring to me. The vocals are the highlight of LP.

I agree, It's nice to hear what the lyrics first started as, even those ATS scats would be pretty cool to hear (even if they were awful!)

instrumentals are cool since they let our collective imaginations run wild, but I also like hearing the tracks I know and love as works in progress too

Lol. I can't understand how exclusive new music, even if instrumental, would be boring...

Not so long ago, we were getting a Breaking The Habbit live version every year. Now, that was boring.

Edited by Qwerty18

We already know why that won't happen, and the version of She Couldn't that we have is more than enough. The last thing I want is a re-release of shit we already have. The band clearly knows what demos are floating around, so hopefully they won't release demos that we already have unless it's a major step up in quality (like Esaul on LPU11).