South American Tour 2012 Rumors

hahninator

It is looking very well for South American Linkin Park fans, with several big rumors flying around about the band returning to South America later this year.

First, the promoter Gabriel Simas has posted on July 9 that the band is returning to Brazil this year:

"Linkin Park: show in Brazil is confirmed. The band has already started with the process of work visas to come here." Thanks to Felipe for the heads up about this!

Wesleylpbr from LP Brazil adds that promoter XYZ is rumored to have signed a contract with the band already for shows in November in South America. Two shows are rumored in Brazil, one possibly on November 17th, and a show in Buenos Aires, Argentina is rumored for November 15th at Estadio José Amalfitani.

A Brazilian publication also says "Linkin Park and Norah Jones come to Brazil the band arrives in November. The two artists play outside festivals."

While we are not sure if the band will play headlining shows or festivals or a mixture of both like their 2010 three show tour there, we are becoming increasingly convinced the band will return in November. A fall European Tour should be announced very shortly, falling in what we are hearing to be October.

Stay tuned!

7/19 EDIT: With the band announcing four shows in Brazil today, it looks like the European Tour will be right after South America.

Wow, that's going to be a pretty small European tour if it's only going to be October. I'm pretty sure that the UK (hopefully) will be a part of it, as we didn't get a summer show.

If a London date clashes with my other October gigs I is going to be MAD.

I would think that the European shows would be announced like....now, lol. Before the Honda Civic Tour at least. Probably being announced within the next several weeks. I'm sure a million German shows, some UK shows, and a mix of everything else random :P

Hopefully countries like Italy, Spain and Portugal get proper headlining shows.

Yes we in germany will get some shows but it will be in november, because the biggest promoter needs 4months for selling. this was every times the last years.

i think france, uk, switzerland and austria are save.

They have to announce the EU shows in the next days. I can't imagine that they don't want to have more than 3 months for presale and promotion...

Most people have to plan their travel and need some days off for that shows. It's really annoying -.-

Not big news here.

Southamerican Sites like mine are working in these rumors since April.

Also in my talk with Pooch he said that the band want to do a Tour for South America. Not Festivals, own Shows.

I having talks with a Journalist and one of the members of the Promoters for the Show in Argentina.

The Shows are confirmed.

Chile, Argentina and Brasil for sure.

At least 1 Show in Brazil, chance for 3 Shows.

Also the band is having talks in Peru, Colombia and Uruguay.

Not big news here.

Southamerican Sites like mine are working in these rumors since April.

Also in my talk with Pooch he said that the band want to do a Tour for South America. Not Festivals, own Shows.

I having talks with a Journalist and one of the members of the Promoters for the Show in Argentina.

The Shows are confirmed.

Also the band is having talks in Peru, Colombia and Uruguay.

Holy crap, really? Most of the bands I know have never played there (Except for 30STM, who have played in Columbia)

I'm expecting a crappy support act, like most of the time.

but we had also nice support acts like 30stm, disco ensemble or guano apes. but on the other hand: WE HAD FUTUREHEADS...... nothing more to say..... :P

Two shows are rumored in Brazil, one possibly on November 17th, and a show in Buenos Aires, Argentina is rumored for November 15th at Estadio José Amalfitani.

In Argentina will be November 5, Mark, like I posted here:

edit: Linkin Park can play in Chile too, but not at Maquinaria Festival.

edit²: LP is 'confirmed' to in Argentina on November 5.

Edited by wesleylpbr

After HCT, they should play in countries like Denmark, Greece, Italy, France, Turkey, Stuttgart, places they haven't hit up in years, some since 2009. Then the usual Germany and UK dates. Then after that, they should do a huge South American tour. The South American fans need some love, they never get LP down there which sucks. After Christmas, they could go over to Australia and stuff and maybe do some more US and Europe dates. Chester said he wanted to do South Africa really badly on this tour back in like April, so I assume they will be playing there, which would be FUCKING EPIC. I would love to watch videos from that show, as well as listen to a DSP. That would be amazing and definitely one of the coolest places LP have ever played. Maybe when they do South Africa they could hit up Tel Aviv and stuff again, as well. Virtually a full world tour. They also need to hit up Asia, do a huge tour over there as well.

Edited by Geki

After HCT, they should play in countries like Denmark, Greece, Italy, France, Turkey, Stuttgart, places they haven't hit up in years, some since 2009. Then the usual Germany and UK dates.

Stuttgart is a city in Germany ;)

i cant believe that they will play in greece... do they have money for a ticket here? and i asked that without any style of sarcasm. i mean i see every day in the news the same: greece has no money. soo hmmm i dont know O.o :/

it would be nice for the people in greece!

I'm expecting a crappy support act, like most of the time.

Pendulum and The Prodigy in the US...? ;)

both countries are awesome crowd.but I want another summersonic festival @ chiba marine stadium,JAPAN, & 1 @ Sonisphere festival Uk,reading & download too.p.s any news about M.S.G?

Sonisphere cancelled this year.

download's already happened.

Reading/Leeds line-ups are full this year.

any uk festivals will have to wait 'til next year. (no idea about summer sonic, I don't keep up with Japanese Festivals...)

Europe tour in October? Julien-K will be in Europe too during that time. I wonder if we finally get them as support for LP?

i cant believe that they will play in greece... do they have money for a ticket here? and i asked that without any style of sarcasm. i mean i see every day in the news the same: greece has no money. soo hmmm i dont know O.o :/

Wtf... Greece is not a third-world country. I'm pretty sure that there are people there who can afford to buy tickets for a Greece LP show.

Considering Summer Sonic is in like, a month, I doubt that'd be happening for LP.

well that's solved then :P

it would be nice for the people in greece!

Europe tour in October? Julien-K will be in Europe too during that time. I wonder if we finally get them as support for LP?

Wtf... Greece is not a third-world country. I'm pretty sure that there are people there who can afford to buy tickets for a Greece LP show.

yeah I think it's more that the government is in debt, not the people themselves...

also I'm not too sure about JK as a support - they may be in europe at the same time, but they'll probably be doing their own thing (ie german shows :P)

Just received a LP.com email (in portuguese!!!) with the dates!

So great they'll be touring with LT now.

Estou muito animado por anunciar que voltaremos ao Brasil em outubro para uma série de shows que começa em São Paulo, dia 7. Nós nos divertimos tanto da última vez em que estivemos por aí, que não queríamos esperar outros seis anos antes de voltar. Seguem informações de datas e pré-venda LPU abaixo. Se você ainda não é um membro LPU, pode participar entrando em LPUnderground.com.

Nos vemos em breve,

Phoenix

October 7: São Paulo, Brazil - Parque Anhembi

LPU Presale: July 25-29

Public On Sale: July 30

October 8: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Citibank Hall

LPU Presale: July 25-29

Public On Sale: August 6

October 10: Curitiba, Brazil - Parana de Clube

LPU Presale: July 27-31

Public On Sale: August 1

October 11: Porto Alegre, Brazil - Zequinha Stadium