New LIVING THINGS song on BBC

gorast

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this song is pretty fucking cool.

Something about it has a very "Summery" vibe to it. The beat, the intro synth/chord progression, the chorus has that chant-like quality to it. I feel like this is seriously going to be that song I hear in my head when I think about this Summer, and vice-versa.

It sounds like a feel good pop song (Interestingly enough from about the same time Hybrid Theory came out- like I expect Nelly or J Lo to show up for a verse or something- anybody else?) but with something very unsettling going on under the surface. The same way Blackout had this dancefloor, vaguely disco vibe to it that all but twinkles and sparkles, and then you have Chester belting out some of the most unnervingly dissonant and gut-wrenching screams I've ever heard. I feel like I get what they're going for here, and they've done it masterfully.

I hope we get one more pre-release song though, since this one was so short. If it could be any I wanted, I really want to hear "I'll Be Gone", since it's painfully obviously a continuation of "When They Come For Me..." or Until it Breaks because based on the verse Mike dropped over Waiting for the End, it's going to be a kick in the face. Mike is oddly at his best when he's boasting and building himself up. Some of FM's best verses were him flexing muscle he didn't really even need to flex (I mean, who's got beef with Mike Shinoda, really?) or in Xero when he had ridiculous lines about how good he was.

EDIT: On like the fifth listen, I finally paid attention to the emphasized words in the chorus and had a "OMG THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT THAT" moment.

Edited by R2DeepThroat

Hmmm, dunno what to think of this. Its got a sort of pop/dancey feel like BID, but its got that "wierdness" (for lack of a better word) that Blackout has (chester screaming over a dancy beat etc). The ending is pretty damn great though, I'll have to listen to it a few more times to make up my mind on it.

I love this song so much. Top 3 LP song for me (after BTH and Faint). Love it so much. I've listened to it 100 times on Itunes already and that's just one day. It's my 18th top most played song already. Love it so much!

Hands down worst song I have ever heard from Linkin Park :/

you must be one of those people who actually liked Robot Boy then...... Edited by Bliss

Only had a chance to listen to the track once, but I like it! I could live without all the LPA boasting (where's the LPL love?!) but props to them for releasing the song for download, too.

no offense but LPA did almost everything for that scavenger hunt while most people on LPLive where like "that's too much work, it's for people without anything else to do,... just give us that damn song".

They definitly deserve this right here.

I don't really know what people see in this song. It's kind of all over the place.

That's what's fun about it. Noises everywhere. They've tried to capture this kind of insanity before but this is the first time they actually did it, imo.

I don't really know what people see in this song. It's kind of all over the place.

Yeah, and not in a good way either. I was streaming BBC Radio on my iPhone because I was so excited for the premiere. My friend asked me what crap song was playing and I almost wanted to die when I had to say "new Linkin Park." Absolutely awful, I've tried listening to it a lot since and still can't get into it.

I just feel like a lot of people hate this song because of how electro it is...Like you know, the common "it's not rock, it's pop electro bullshit, and where are the GUITARS????". Or close-minded things like that.

That's where most of the complaints on youtube are coming from at least.

Sure it has its bad sides, but it's nowhere that terrible or "worst lp song ever".

Edited by Qwerty18