"Living Things" Tracklisting

hahninator

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from earlier comments I too think "Tinfoil" will be some sort of instrumental track. I don't think this is in any way the band trying to replicate HT's track progression, but, I dunno, I know we've had a lot of talk about not judging things by titles, but I genuinely cannot see chester pulling a "MMM cookies" on us and singing about cookery...

EDIT: unless it's something about a crumpled up reflection? (here we go with the "Forgotten" comparisons) :lol:

That part 3 is actually part 1 for some reason. Was there not a third part?

yeah I wondered that too... I don't think there is because part two ended with Zane saying something along the lines of "ok, final two questions beore I let you go" (paraphrasing). maybe LPM got a bit mixed up?

Maybe they'll release the making of... video on hulu like with ATS. I imagine it's way cheaper for warner to do this then produce two versions of the physical release.

I thought there was a physical rlelease of a "Making of-" for ATS? I certainly have a DVD copy of one... :/

oh, and i just saw this -

UK FANS MAY ACCESS THE PRE-ORDER FROM LINKINPARK.COM ON 23 APRIL.

great... I may not be planning on pre-order from the site, but I'd still quite like to see the pre-order packages available Edited by LGraham

from earlier comments I too think "Tinfoil" will be some sort of instrumental track. I don't think this is in any way the band trying to replicate HT's track progression, but, I dunno, I know we've had a lot of talk about not judging things by titles, but I genuinely cannot see chester pulling a "MMM cookies" on us and singing about cookery...

EDIT: unless it's something about a crumpled up reflection? (here we go with the "Forgotten" comparisons) :lol:

yeah I wondered that too... I don't think there is because part two ended with Zane saying something along the lines of "ok, final two questions beore I let you go" (paraphrasing). maybe LPM got a bit mixed up?

I thought there was a physical rlelease of a "Making of-" for ATS? I certainly have a DVD copy of one... :/

oh, and i just saw this -

great... I may not be planning on pre-order from the site, but I'd still quite like to see the pre-order packages available

Odd. I just thought ah fuck it and pre-ordered the non-lpu inclusive physical one and I live in the UK. Went through fine...

Odd. I just thought ah fuck it and pre-ordered the non-lpu inclusive physical one and I live in the UK. Went through fine...

well i read that on LPA.

livingthings.linkinpark.com is now displaying the preorder stuff that I didn't see last night. ignore me! :lol:

EDI: although, you're ordering from the US store, if you change the region at the top of the page to "UK" it takes you to an iTunes page to order the BID digital single. I guess they want UK people to pay UK postage and £, so they're setting up a different store sector that the $ version.

at least the official single's now in UK iTunes though :)

Edited by LGraham

well i read that on LPA.

livingthings.linkinpark.com is now displaying the preorder stuff that I didn't see last night. ignore me! :lol:

EDI: although, you're ordering from the US store, if you change the region at the top of the page to "UK" it takes you to an iTunes page to order the BID digital single. I guess they want UK people to pay UK postage and £, so they're setting up a different store sector that the $ version.

at least the official single's now in UK iTunes though :)

Ah fair enough! Glad it's in the UK iTunes now, I'm still waiting for Maroon 5's new single too on iTunes too.

*WARNING UNRELATED ASIDE NOTE: Maroon 5 have the same single release and album release dates as Linkin Park.*

Cost me £22 from livingthings.linkinpark.com to preorder last night. Like the remix idea.

Depends how you define screaming but in my opinion papercut doesn't have that.

Yeah the closest thing Papercut has to screaming is Chester's growls on the LIVE version... I think this HT = LT analogy is just grasping at straws.

Cost me £22 from livingthings.linkinpark.com to preorder last night. Like the remix idea.

not too bad really, although I'm guessing half of that was on postage :lol: I dunno, I'm questioning whether or not to preorder from the US store with the LPU package. Aside from registering with an unused code in an ebay-bought copy of LPU9 2 months before LPUX I've never been a paying member, and couldn't renew once the new site went up (I felt pretty guilty about getting in free for a while so i guess I didn't want to email customer support :P )

it'd be cool considering there'll hopefully be a new tour, but i don't know when that'll be, if I'll be free for it, or whether I can afford LPU in the first place... money's real tight for me right now

Yeah the closest thing Papercut has to screaming is Chester's growls on the LIVE version... I think this HT = LT analogy is just grasping at straws.

justify the linkin-pie [/rap skillz]

Edited by LGraham

Someone on LPA pointed out if you look at ATS dvd or might have been lptv there is a clip and you can see a song name on pc called tinfoil so that song is from ats recording. Here is screen cap somone posted http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/attach...mp;d=1334585886

apparently they wrote alot on the road for this record. it's possible some old demos made it in, but considering the amount of "tinkering" LP do with their demos -"Stick And Move" vs. the finalised "Runaway" for example (ok, bit different i know since that was years apart but still!) I'd be pretty sure that if old ATS demos were used they'd have been updated to suit the current mood of the band's music.

it's kind of irresponsible of bands to just take b-sides and put together the album like that, since you're not reflecting the current best of your ideas and musical progression. and the album itself would feel a bit stilted and uncertain to place, I'm sure LP wouldn't be dim enough to do that - for themselves and their fans. Mike's a workaholic, i doubt he'd let that happen Posted Image

Sounds like it, but there's doubletrack on Chester at the bridge, and some effects when he says "Beneath my skin". Also I remember it was inside a demo tape I downloaded some time ago.

It's the BBC1 Radio live track, it's on the Crawling single. No demo.

I'm sorry, but how are we so sure Tinfoil is an instrumental?

We're not "so sure", we're thinking it because the title is a title that, in theory, couldn't be put in the chorus of a song. Unless it's a Papercut situation where the title isn't even in the lyrics.

We're not "so sure", we're thinking it because the title is a title that, in theory, couldn't be put in the chorus of a song. Unless it's a Papercut situation where the title isn't even in the lyrics.

Or Faint or something like that? It just sounds like a demo name that they stuck with. It could be a demo, but Victimized or Powerless could be instrumentals too. Songs like Unfortunate and Divided were instrumentals too, so I guess anything could happen.

Or Faint or something like that? It just sounds like a demo name that they stuck with. It could be a demo, but Victimized or Powerless could be instrumentals too. Songs like Unfortunate and Divided were instrumentals too, so I guess anything could happen.

I forgot about Faint. Same with Figure.09, too.

So in reality there's no reason to assume it's an instrumental beyond "we all want an instrumental and that seems like the one most likely to be an instrumental."

And the fact that it's in the HT/Meteora "instrumental" spot in the tracklist.

Edited by SomedudeRemix