23.09.2011 - Bangkok, Thailand

hahninator

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess i can understand why they dropped blackout, probably they didn't had a backing track for the midi panel that phoenix plays.

I guess they have the multitracks of all the tracks they play available when they're on tour. Maybe they had the problem that they couldn't replace Phoenix vocal part on Blackout.

1. I doubt Empty Spaces was actually dropped. Whoever reported the setlist probably just got confused by Brad's megaphone blaring over it.

2. I can almost guarantee that Phoenix's bass parts were punched in from multitrack files of another performance. This is something that the band didn't have the ability to do (or at least something they hadn't thought of) on the Minutes to Midnight touring cycle, which is why Kurt played Chester's guitar part on Shadow of the Day at that one Australian show. Up until this point, they've only had to use the punch-ins during rehearsals, but I figured they'd probably do something like this if a member other than Mike/Chester/possibly Joe had to miss a show.

3. Blackout being dropped probably has something to do with Phoenix using the Z-Tar on that song, and Fallout probably just had technical issues with Mike's vocoder like it has several times in the past.

I wish no ill will on any of the band members, but if there's a disposable, nameless/faceless/useless member, it's definitely Phoenix. Besides "Given Up", he's pretty non-existent, at least off the top of my head.

i'm not that familiar with the LP setup and input from the members but i'm pretty sure that dave, rob and brad are all easily replaceable. I might be talking out of my ass though, just the way it looks to me.

Blasphemy! Everyone is entitled to their opinion but shut the front door both of you!

Logically speaking, every member of any band is replacable (e.g. FF & GnR) but why even go there <_<

Next people will be saying Dave is not sick but he's leaving the band :blink: