25.06.2011 - München, Germany

So I was listening to some LP earlier today and I was thinking of things they could sing over Bleed It Out. What do you guys think about Mike rapping the first verse of Figure.09 and then Mike singing his part while Chester screams his lines.

"It never goes away [x4]

Get away from me!

Give me my space back you gotta just

Go!

Everything comes down the memories of

You!

I Kept it in without lettin’ you

Know!

I Let you go so get away from

Me!

Give me my space back you gotta just

Go!

Everything comes down the memories of

You!

I Kept it in without lettin’ you

Know!

I Let you go"

I also thought about maybe By Myself too. I don't know, just something different than RME or APFMH. Thought it would be cool to switch it up.

I've seen a lot of posts like this, so I thought I would clear this up: For Mike to rap something over Bleed It Out, the two songs have to have the same speed. This might not make a lot of sense to those who don't play an instrument/aren't musical, but that's just how it is. The reason they do Reading My Eyes, A Place For My Head, and Burning In The Skies is because they all have tge same tempo as Bleed It Out (or very close). Therefore, songs like With You, Figure .09, and By Myself would not work. But, for example, Faint or Part Of Me might (not that they ever would). I know Mike himself has said this at Meet and Greets too, saying that, I think it was Forgotten or By Myself, is too fast. Too fastfor him to physically rap, no. Too fast for Bleed It Out, yes. If We were talkung about Points Of Authority, the live rap outro is about the same speed as Bleed It Out, so the same songs apply. But the intro is different, so Part Of Me, APFMH, etc. No longer work, and Figure .09, With You, etc. could be over it's intro. Make sense?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a lot of posts like this, so I thought I would clear this up: For Mike to rap something over Bleed It Out, the two songs have to have the same speed. This might not make a lot of sense to those who don't play an instrument/aren't musical, but that's just how it is. The reason they do Reading My Eyes, A Place For My Head, and Burning In The Skies is because they all have tge same tempo as Bleed It Out (or very close). Therefore, songs like With You, Figure .09, and By Myself would not work. But, for example, Faint or Part Of Me might (not that they ever would). I know Mike himself has said this at Meet and Greets too, saying that, I think it was Forgotten or By Myself, is too fast. Too fastfor him to physically rap, no. Too fast for Bleed It Out, yes. If We were talkung about Points Of Authority, the live rap outro is about the same speed as Bleed It Out, so the same songs apply. But the intro is different, so Part Of Me, APFMH, etc. No longer work, and Figure .09, With You, etc. could be over it's intro. Make sense?

Glad someone posted this, I was going to if no one else had. Plus, for Figure.09, the flow of the rap wouldn't work with BIO. BIO needs lyrics that are meant to be rapped straight through, like RME, APFMH. Figure has a lot of pauses in it, and it would have to be rapped faster than normal to go with BIO. And it would be over really quickly.

Dedicated could work over BIO. It would be a tad fast for Mike to rap but I think he could manage. The Figure.09 bridge...maybe could work? I'm not sure how good it would sound to be honest though. The By Myself bridge wouldn't work.

Edited by Xero21

Show is started ?

BlackChester on Twitter!

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Burning In The Skies

12. Numb

Edited by Victor Del Porto

I hope Reading My Eyes becomes a permanent part of Bleed It Out like APFMH has become. Maybe they can keep adding little bits to it over time so that BIO becomes this big long jam of Linkin Park nostalgia.

I hope Reading My Eyes becomes a permanent part of Bleed It Out like APFMH has become. Maybe they can keep adding little bits to it over time so that BIO becomes this big long jam of Linkin Park nostalgia.

That'd be cool. BIO w/ ext intro, RME, drum solo, APFMH, singalong / BIO chorus singalong, ext outro, slow->long outro jam - 15 min long Bleed It Out lol

I'm really pissed of that, why they didn't play this in Oberursel. I think I will never see Blackout Live. In the next Touring Circle in Germany they kick the Song out, like the other favorites. Man this is really dissapointed for me.

Okay that's enough, I hope I will see it one day and I will see A place for my Head again wich I see 2 Times. :)

Yeah it's cool but I really hate how they sample those vocals live. They can't even give it their best shot, it's all sampled. But I don't know if when they LOOK like they're singing it if they are really lipsynching (mic muted) or what. Chaz, Mike and Phx might really be singing over it but I really can't tell from this video OR a DSP so I really do think they are lipsynching.

I know Chester isn't when that one part comes in and he gets higher - "let it GO-OOOO-OOO-OOO" etc, that's clearly him but the gang vocals are definitely sampled. Dislike.

This! I said basically the same thing as you way back when we got the pro-shot videos of the EMA Madrid show. I totally agree. If you watch Brad during the gang vocals part of the Madrid show, he's not even close to the mic so easy to tell he's not actually singing.

It would sound perfectly fine if they when ahead and sang it themselves.

Also, if they use the sampled vocals for Irisdescent live, then why not use samples for Robot Boy so it can be played live??

P.S.- When I posted about the lip-syncing on Iridescent in Madrid....Astat ripped me a new one. So watch your back :P

22. Blackout

23. New Divide

24. In The End

25. Bleed It Out (RME, Drum Solo, APFMH)

Thanks BlackChester!

cool, so we will have rme over bleed it out in a dsp :D that's always pleasing, i'm not sure if this has happened before but it will a couple of times during this tour, and thats good.

Chaz, Mike and Phx might really be singing over it but I really can't tell from this video OR a DSP so I really do think they are lipsynching.

umm... they are definitely not lip synching it. i can clearly hear them singing over it in every DSP i have. it's pretty pitchy too, how can you not tell if they sang over it or not...? and if they were going to sample it, they'd just play the sample and that's it, lmfao. they wouldn't pretend to sing it.

Edited by parth196

i was at the show yesterday.. it was my first LP-show ever and it was just amazing :D

so it was a logical step for me to purchase the DSP-Package.. today i woke up and i took a first look on the "paper with the code on it" (don't know exactly how it's called), and there is something with LP Underground X One Month Membership on it, but no word of a Digital Souvenir Package or something like this.. so i fear the women of the merchandising-shop gave the wrong paper with a code to me :(

Am i right with this apprehension?

PS: Sorry for my bad english.. as you might expect I'm German ;)

i was at the show yesterday.. it was my first LP-show ever and it was just amazing :D

so it was a logical step for me to purchase the DSP-Package.. today i woke up and i took a first look on the "paper with the code on it" (don't know exactly how it's called), and there is something with LP Underground X One Month Membership on it, but no word of a Digital Souvenir Package or something like this.. so i fear the women of the merchandising-shop gave the wrong paper with a code to me :(

Am i right with this apprehension?

PS: Sorry for my bad english.. as you might expect I'm German ;)

Did you purchase a CD when and on the back it has random letters under the LP logo?

Did you purchase a CD when and on the back it has random letters under the LP logo?

No, the women at the store first went to a workmate and asked him for the exact price and where she could found the papers with the codes, then she gave to me a "sweat band" with a LP-Logo on it and a piece of paper with an code on it.. She told me that it might take a few weeks until the show will be available, then i would have to fill in the code and I should be able to download Audio tracks and pictures of the show..

I tested the code of the paper on downloads.linkinpark.com and he just doesn't work, it says he's invalid :(

Btw: A friend of mine asked for a recording of the show as well and got handed out the same piece of paper like me just with another code..

For normally, we get a CD with that Code which cost 10 € at the Merch Store. I don't know how it is now. In the Winter Tour it was like I said.

The Woman talked to you that the Show is available in few weeks, so why you test the code ? It can't work because the show is not there. Test the Code again when the show comes on. If it don't work, send a E-mail to them and then they will tell you what you do.

ah okay.. i don't know which way it should be as well, as it was, like I said before, the first show I've attended ;)

hmmmh, as you might have recognized in my posts before i just got scared a bit, i'm still so excited of yesterday :D

that's why i tested to redeem the code.. but you are the "expert" so i'm gonna trust you now and be patient! Thanks for your help :)

Hey guys, I have just returned from Munich to Prague and I've uploaded the audio record of the show to download. I really do apologize, but the sound is horrible, terrible and horrible again. I had a good voice recorder, but the surrounding crowd and especially the fact that I had a recorder in a bag (for security reasons - not mine) sound quality decreased a lot.

Sorry. But I hope that someone will do a tiny joy.

Download here:

http://www.2shared.com/audio/oMv_Ce8g/20110625_LP_Munich.html

Source: Digital Voice Recorder Olympus WS-210S

Time: 104:44 (original file - the full record, without modification and without shear)

Size: 96.3 megabytes

Format: WMA

PS: Linkin Park were amazing! My best live show. Mike enjoyed the show tremendously!

Edited by navabaca