Arleta, CA Dying Teen Wants To Meet Linkin Park

hahninator

"ARLETA, Calif. (KTLA) -- A 14-year-old boy is fighting for his life -- battling brain cancer -- and now his parents are asking the public for help in fulfilling his last wish.

Kyle Rodas was diagnosed with the deadly disease in October. He has since lost most of his sight, his speech is extremely limited and he depends entirely on his parents to take care of him at their home in Arleta.

Oscar Rodas and Marty Valle say they would do anything for their only son, but add that they cannot fulfill his last wish.

Kyle's parents say it would be a dream come true if he could meet one of his favorite rock bands that includes, Linkin Park, Green Day and Ozzy Osbourne.

Now they're coming forward to share their son's story in hopes that someone will help fulfill his wish."

EDIT: Ozzy has called Kyle and will visit him! Read the story here. With Ozzy taking action, Green Day and Linkin Park are left....Green Day fansites have picked up the story intensely today and now it's spreading around the Linkin Park community. Let's get it done!

EDIT2: Less than 24 hours after the story aired, Ozzy Osbourne placed a call to the cancer-stricken teen, saying he plans to visit him at his home when he returns from his tour in Europe this summer.

Kyle's parents say their son was overjoyed when Ozzy called and Ozzy told him to "hang in there."

Later in the day, KTLA received word that the drummer from Linkin Park went to visit Kyle, and on Wednesday, the lead singer will visit him.

The full story can be found here. Thanks to Jen for the heads up! Let's hope Linkin Park can make this happen! If we spread the word about this, you never know what's possible!

When I read things like this, I feel bad because I have met LP 4 different times...If I could trade one of my times and give it to him I would. Let's hope LP can make this happen, as well as Green Day and Ozzy.

Thanks to everyone who has brought this story to my attention this morning. I've forwarded it along to management. The guys leave really soon for Europe, so I don't know if it's possible at all, but just know that the message has been received and I've forwarded it along to the proper folks.

in my country, I had a similar accident. Girl wanted to meet with the guys, and be at their concert, but the LP did not plan at the time concerts in Europe and was unable because of illness to do so.

But Chester and a bunch dedicated her one of her favorite song "In The End".

Link to video:

A dream may come true Arleta.

Edited by gottsu

Thanks Adam!

in my country, I had a similar accident. Girl wanted to meet with the guys, and be at their concert, but the LP did not plan at the time concerts in Europe and was unable because of illness to do so.

Link to video:

Woah that's a proshot video of LP on Projekt Revolution 2004. That's where the "In The End" is from. Do you know what show that's from? Does it say anywhere in the video where that's from?

Adam thank you so much for taking the time to follow up on this. Childhood cancer is something that has touched my life from several angles for years and stories like this break my heart.

I hope that LP will find time before leave for Europe to meet Kyle's wish. It's sad to read something like this here, but it's great that it appeared here. Thanks Adam and LPL for publication of the story.

Our everyday worries are trivial.

"The best dreams are those dreaming with open eyes." - Pierre Corneille

Link to video:

Aww, I remember this video, it was a great gesture from the band. It's unfortunate that things like this happen, and I hope the best for this kid

just saw this link on facebook - Ozzy Osbourne and Linkin Park Fulfill Dying Teen's Final Wish:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-dyin...0,4780061.story

so glad to hear his wish was/will be fulfilled! :)

it says Ozzy called him. AND "Later in the day, KTLA received word that the drummer from Linkin Park went to visit Kyle, and on Wednesday, the lead singer will visit him."

Edited by VixLP

I volunteer for a charity called Make a Wish foundation. Its basically making kids with serious heath issues dreams come true. If some of you have seen my youtube videos or anything you'll notice the stickers on my guitar.

Working for the charity I get to see things like this happen all the time. But sometimes these things are un-reachable due to the fact its hard to get contact with the people needed.

To see that Adam has seen this and taken this straight too his 'boss' is amazing. Its really made my quite to call myself a Linkin Park fan. Why? Because we want this kid to be able to live his dream.

So even tho Im not really involved in this or anything, but I would like to applauded everyone involved here because I know these things aren't easy from personal experience. And Im glad these is a positive outcome.

PS. Thats an awesome vid. Its good to see the guys can do something so little that will make such a big difference.