Chester @ MusiCares: "The Messenger"

Last Friday, Chester was at Club Nokia in LA attending the MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit Concert honoring Dave Gahan (Depeche Mode singer) & Kevin Lyman (Warped Tour founder).

Comedian Greg Behrendt introduced Chester, who sang "The Messenger"! Check out the videos for it below.

What do you guys think?

yeh i love it! reminds me of the summit too, very intimate, soft voiuce. still think it works a lot better with the kind of roughness he has in his voice in the studio version though! just his voice can give a completely different feeling to the song i think...

yeh i love it! reminds me of the summit too, very intimate, soft voiuce. still think it works a lot better with the kind of roughness he has in his voice in the studio version though! just his voice can give a completely different feeling to the song i think...

This song is better without the roughness of the studio version and previous live versions. It sounds way better this way. Just my opinion, but in the previous live versions it just didnt sound right when he sings 'Love keeps us kind'.

Such performance of this song is IMO the pros and cons:

pros:

- sang differently than on the album (perhaps in concert and LPU summits sings as this short movie , first heard this song live :P ), but a little hmm ... to be boring?

Cons:

maybe too much I'm used to the album version of Messenger, but few times, i missed his screaming :D

Okay...the studio version of this song is in G, Linkin Park's live version is in Eb, Chester did it in D at the Australian LPU Summit, and now this version is in C. Holy key change overload, Batman! I wish Chester would find one key for this song that works best for him, and stick with it.

Okay...the studio version of this song is in G, Linkin Park's live version is in Eb, Chester did it in D at the Australian LPU Summit, and now this version is in C. Holy key change overload, Batman! I wish Chester would find one key for this song that works best for him, and stick with it.

Eb doesnt really suit IMO. Both C and Also D sound great.