23.01.2011 - Atlanta, GA

SpikeMinoda

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great that Papercut opened,but The Messenger should definitely close every show,BIO gets kinda boring....it would be such a cool ending..

The Messenger would be a relaxing closer and sort of a good way to end the show but it wouldn't be better than putting every ounce of energy you have left into one last bit of madness. Like when APFMH comes on in BIO.

XD

i really dont like papercut first when they keep the speech in. its really bad. needs a better transition for it too work. should just bring back the string intro for papercut and cut requiem. other than that. Setlist A is probably one of their best sets in years. very well rounded. I can see why they arent switching it up too much cuz it covers the whole spectrum of fans and promo.

Im sorry...but saying there is a new, crazy set, and then not telling anybody, is not cool.

God damn, always people bitching. Either you want good new information on the site or you don't. Due to only a few people knowing that there is a new setlist, disclosing it can get people in TROUBLE with the band and com promise jobs at a certain point. I thought it'd be cool to at least people know that there indeed is a brand new setlist (2 actually but I haven't seen that one but I know it has Burning In The Skies in it and I'd imagine LFY and FTI in it too) would make them happy.

Here's what happened.

B11 was the set that was coming. Signs up for it everywhere backstage, etc. B11 is good material. Slow in the middle as always with the Numb LOATR SOTD stuff but the beginning is GOOD. There are no newer songs they haven't played all ATS cycle sadly. But I do know that the encore is the best one I have seen from LP, possibly ever. HEAVY and good. Crowds will blow up and I know it for a fact. NASTY NASTY encore.

During the opening bands, LP called a set change. LP wasn't even at the venue but they were talking about it all over the radios and all that the band changed their mind and are playing A1 again. The actual name they used for this show was A-ATL. Weird. Exact same as A1. 5 minutes before LP came on, the band decided to open with Papercut instead of Wretches. We all thought Dylan had started Papercut accidentally or something backstage LOL but no, it was planned.

We asked at the M&G for Blackout and Mike said they don't feel like they are ready to keep playing it yet. That's understandable due to how many times they worked on it at soundcheck. Joe's DJ rig was shipped from Aussie to Miami and when they opened the case it was full of water...hence his DJ rig problems with Wretches/Savio speech and Blackout at Miami's soundcheck.

Show wise it was the worst show for me. Crowd wasn't moving at all. Really impossible to beat the experiences in Miami and Sunrise. I had a M&G...band seemed very untalkative to me. I told Phx I volunteered for MFR for 3 shows and raised over $1,000 and he didn't seem very happy. He said "great" lol. Joe said BITS was cool but that Mike didn't like it. Hilarious, obviously tension between the two of them when I asked it. I said "Do you like it?" he said yeah and I said well does Mike like it? Mike looked away and Joe said no. Interesting. M&G at soundcheck was better for me since Mike was really pleased with our flag we presented him.

Show was same ole same ole. Papercut was badass opening for once...I approve. They should move Wretches down in a set and open with Papercut from Requiem. Do Requiem and have like a 10 second silent gap where the band walks on stage and BAM. Crowd was loving it. Highlights for me were the Hybrid Theory songs. Crawling, OSC, ITE obviously rocked the place. They should play way more HT and the crowd would love it better. Catalyst was good, SHINODA just fucking ROCKING ALL OVER THE KEYBOARD I mean like SLAMMING his head down and stuff.

Major problems on WID intro, Mike had to change guitars mid song, intro was all fucked up. Major tech problems happening at the first 3 shows. Maybe the equipment is all messed up from Australia. Sunrise Mike changed guitars mid Crawling, mid Miami his keyboard broke on stage, mid ATL his guitar broke mid WID. Insane.

The concert and M&G were great. They weren't very informative, but I didn't expect much, so I wasn't disappointed. Mike did answer a kid's question about LPUX. The kid asked "Nothing is happening with the $60 I spent. What's up with that?" and Mike answered that the LPUX was just a beta of things to come. In the works is a Catalog of all LPTV and LPUTV in HD available FOR DOWNLOAD and New LPU Messageboard. He sounded excited about it but had to run before he was late.

The concert, Mark was right, ATL did not bring it. Our little group did, however. LP played a very solid show sans WID. Mark, Preston, Mary-Ann, and I were all moshing on Papercut Intro, OSC Bridge, BIO 2nd Verse, and BIO APFMH Bridge. I have never been so sore. It was a great concert.

Also, we need to get Mark to post the videos about the "Operation of the Machine" and the "Linkin Park Street Team Turkey"....they're great!

Edited by LPFreak64

I tried to read a few posts to see if I could find my answer but I couldn't...

So, can anyone tell me (or repeat for me) how was the transition after Requiem?

Did they play WaK's speech? Or they played it (with Radiance instrumentals) on the right time?

I tried to read a few posts to see if I could find my answer but I couldn't...

So, can anyone tell me (or repeat for me) how was the transition after Requiem?

Did they play WaK's speech? Or they played it (with Radiance instrumentals) on the right time?

They did the W&K speech.

Hmm...so the band said they don't feel ready to continue playing Blackout...kind of disappointing, I think it sounded great. I'm no longer expecting to hear it on the US tour at all. I'm excited for the new set that Mark described though, I'm interested in the 'HEAVY Encore'... I really wonder what it will be like.

It would be an interesting closer like how Green Day closes with Good Riddance, but maybe if they did Bleed it Out and then came out again to do TM as another encore.

It always annoys me when Green Day close with Good Riddance, it's such a downer. They need to have Minority as closer, that song kicks the crowd into overdrive! :lol:

As for LP, no I don't think Messenger should be a closer... but then I don't think Bleed it Out should close either :P

For me, the closer should be One Step Closer or In the End- like it or not, that song always gets the biggest reaction at shows.

As soon as I get back tomorrow I am posting our videos of the Linkin Park Street Team Turkey and the Operation Of The Machine videos. We took some great videos in Atlanta LOL.

Place blew the fuck up on the BIO bridge and Miles and I made fucking sure of it. Hope that Projekt Revolution returns this summer to Atlanta.