22.01.2011 - Tampa, FL

SpikeMinoda

After one day off, Linkin Park will play in Tampa today. It's their 6th show now in this city. They will be playing at the St. Pete Times Forum tonight. The last show in Tampa was back in 2008 during the Projekt Revolution Tour.

So this will be the 2nd of 24 shows during the North American Tour + 1 off show in New York (SNL). Mike said something really interesting during the soundcheck in Sunrise. According to him they gonna have 3 setlists again for the tour. At Sunrise we got the European setlist again without 'Fallout' and 'The Catalyst', cause of technical difficulties. So there are still 2 setlists left. Do you guys believe they will play the 2nd set tonight or again the same set? Mike said also they are soundchecking songs they might play later on tour. So will they continue with one set like in Europe and change it later during the tour and will we ever get 'Robot Boy' live on stage? Or will we never get it like 'Across The Line' and 'No Roads Left'?

Who is going to the show? Anyone got a Meet & Greet?

You can find the show page from Sunrise here

Setlist updates will be given by Mark via Twitter.

SETLIST:

01: The Requiem

02: Wretches & Kings

03: Papercut

04: Given Up

05: New Divide

06: Faint

07: Empty Spaces

08: When They Come For Me

09: No More Sorrow

10: Jornada Del Muerto

11: Waiting For The End

12: Wisdom, Justice & Love

13: Iridescent

14: Numb

15: The Radiance (Live Version)

16: Breaking The Habit

17: Shadow Of The Day

18: Crawling

19: One Step Closer

---------------------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22: The Messenger

23: In The End

24: What I've Done

25: Bleed It Out (w/ BITS chorus & APFMH verse 1 & bridge)

Show Notes:

- First time BITS and APFMH were both over 'Bleed It Out'.

- Mike's keyboard broke mid song on 'Shadow Of The Day', so it was replaced after the song with a new one.

- A girl hurt Chester's wrist in the crowd on 'Crawling'.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about the change of setlist because people in North America haven't had exposure to the frequent setlist yet. Either way people will moan even though they aren't at the show themselves. I highly doubt we're going to see 'Robot Boy' anytime soon. Or 'No Roads Left' for that matter. I think likely inclusions could be POA, From The Inside, Somewhere I belong.

Lastly, am I the only one who misses TLTGYA live?

Edited by LinkinMark

I miss it, the song is awesome, but sadly saw it only 1 time life back in 2007 in Hamburg. The solo is very nice, but Brad changed it a little later on and I didn't like this. The original solo was the best!!

No, I love that song, Demo, Studio and live.

Robot Boy will appear in the setlist eventually but the album haven't been out for that long... how long did it take for all the MTM songs to be played?

Edited by Keols

I gave that song more respect once I saw it on the Road To Revolution dvd, it's a great song. I think Shadow of the Day and Leave Out All the Rest are the songs that are boring and moodkillers.

I gave that song more respect once I saw it on the Road To Revolution dvd, it's a great song. I think Shadow of the Day and Leave Out All the Rest are the songs that are boring and moodkillers.

Yeah that was an excellent performance. SOTD and LOATR are slower songs but as it may be slow to you, it could be other people's favourite songs. It's the sort of set that caters to everyone's tastes in LP. I think SOTD is awesome but I could easily replace it with another LP song.

The "new" setlist discussion is so ridiculous. At the most, they will change two songs a night, that is not a "new" setlist. I wish they would switch things up as much as everyone else, but you guys are so unrealistic about what we have a chance of seeing. They aren't going to play a set with 10 different songs on it any time soon. Songs like NRL and ATL will never be played live...NEVER....deal with it.

I don't think last setlist is one of the three "new" setlists. I'd call it a warm up setlist. If he really said 3 new ones they wouldn't use this current setlist as one just because they reversed two songs. And the ATS Songs have been rolling out pretty quickly. I could see robot boy being out by next week. They've been really excited about the new stuff and i've heard many people being really excited about robot boy including myself. I think it'll be sooner than we think.

well i agree that they will never play across the line and no roads left.

but i think that they'll play robot boy in the midle of the tour!

but they will not do big changes in the lists, so don't wait to listen to with you, by myself or don't stay.

They're not going to make major changes to the setlist this tour. After all it is the "A THOUSAND SUNS World tour" Maybe once this touring cycle is done and they come back to Europe later this year we will see a bigger change to the setlist. Otherwise, people shouldn't expect it to differ much.

What's up y'all.

The three of us are at the mall in Tampa. Headed to the venue around 4, doing MFR again. Flag is done, can't wait to get it up on stage ;)

Setlist wise...Mike said they were making 3 new setlists on stage for soundcheck the other day. I have no idea why they played that old one. But tonight I am pretty sure we will get the setlist with Blackout and BITS in it. Canberra setlist.

I will do live setlist updates on my phone.

Since the band did not soundcheck anything like POA or Don't Stay or anything else, I don't see anything cool coming anytime soon. I am REALLY interested in the Atlanta show since I know they did that Sunrise set and likely will do the Canberra set tonight....but what will the THIRD setlist be? A brand new one??

The "new" setlist discussion is so ridiculous. At the most, they will change two songs a night, that is not a "new" setlist. I wish they would switch things up as much as everyone else, but you guys are so unrealistic about what we have a chance of seeing. They aren't going to play a set with 10 different songs on it any time soon. Songs like NRL and ATL will never be played live...NEVER....deal with it.

Agree.

What's up y'all.

The three of us are at the mall in Tampa. Headed to the venue around 4, doing MFR again. Flag is done, can't wait to get it up on stage ;)

Setlist wise...Mike said they were making 3 new setlists on stage for soundcheck the other day. I have no idea why they played that old one. But tonight I am pretty sure we will get the setlist with Blackout and BITS in it. Canberra setlist.

I will do live setlist updates on my phone.

Since the band did not soundcheck anything like POA or Don't Stay or anything else, I don't see anything cool coming anytime soon. I am REALLY interested in the Atlanta show since I know they did that Sunrise set and likely will do the Canberra set tonight....but what will the THIRD setlist be? A brand new one??

What songs did they soundcheck?

Probably the setlist from the second night at the O2 Arena in London.

can someone tell me why they will never play across the line

it doesnt sould like its difficult to play so where is the problem

will they ever play blackbirds or not alone ?????

Because it's a demo that they didn't even want to put on a album.

And since they don't even play some of the fan favourites live (With You, Figure.09, APFMH) they are not going to play a unreleased demo (unreleased if you are not a LPU member).