LPLive Package Giveaway #3!

LPxDC

One day while on Youtube in late 2009, I found an old previously unreleased song called She Couldn't which the video claimed to be a song made by Linkin Park. The song itself sounded familiar but yet had a sound that felt unusual, curious I clicked the video description and found a link to lplive.net whose staffe were apparently involved in getting this song and 8 other demo's on a 9 Track demo disc released to the internet.

After being linked to the website, I began to learn about the knowledgeable community that belonged here. Being new to the LP fansite community I didn't have much to say, so I was just a lurker with no account and looked around at other fansites. During my time as a lurker, I found how up-to-date lplive.net was in comparison to other websites such as lpassociation.com which were slow on presenting news updates. I also found out while reading some of the threads here that the members on lplive.net were very informative and always had something to say, they were also very creative and loved to share their content whether it be fan remixes or live recording bootlegs. That is why I became a member, I had so many questions being new to the fan community I wanted to know more, not wanting to be as ignorant as an average Linkin Park Youtube commenter shouting stupid and bigoted comments everywhere like "I WANT OLD LINKIN PARK, MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT IS SHIT!!!", if you have watched a Linkin Park Youtube video and have read the comments before you'll know that comments like those are real and very, very common.

When I first became a member I knew, that I always wanted to have played some part in influencing the actions of Linkin Park knowing that fansites had before, and that lplive.net was well established enough to do so, even been given a shout by Mike Shinoda on his own personal blog a numerous amount of times.

lplive.net has been and always will be, one of the best fansites of any band even if it doesn't look the best, as it is convenient and smart.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not quite sure but I think I discovered LPL after my first Linkin Park concerts last year. I got to know Mark and Jonas in Zuerich andI'm pretty sure that this was the reason why I joined. Two days later I ran into them again in Stuttgart. Mark pretty much made me ask Mike in Stuttgart to play Reading my eyes, I would never have done that on my own, so even before I officially got to know LPL, it already influenced my personal experiences with Linkin Park, and I'm still very thankful for it. I'm not listening to LP for such a long time yet, I think I started with MTM, but last year was the point when I joined the Linkin Park community, started to go to concerts, to collect things like CDs and live shows - and not at least due to the last point, LPL was a great help. I really like, how it's possible to look up almost every past concert, check the setlist and also if something special had happened during each specific concert. Above all, LPL was the first homepage where I got to know other Linkin Park fans, so LPL pretty much increased my addiction and made me addicted in the first place to the band.

There are other amazing fanpages out there, but no matter how great they are, LPL will always be the homepage that made me discover how amazing Linkin Park is, and that's because I got introduced to Mark and Jonas last year.

Edited by Patty Mayonnaise

I remember I was looking for info on LP's tour and the setlists they've been playing and I came across with LPL. Checked it out at first and thought it was cool...Then after every concert I came here and checked everything cause to tell the truth you are the most updated site when it comes to the LP tour and the LP news. Years later, I decided to join and become a member. I may not post on the forums and login regulary but I check the site more than 2 times a day. LPL is simply the best :D

I first found LPA (just visit it, not a member), but through that found LPL a few years back. Joined the forums around the time the hype for ATS started because I felt it was necessary the express my thoughts on all the madness that was going on. Also the insightful thoughts the community was putting into things caught my attention. Proud member I must say.

Discovered LPlive in 2007, 3 years ago,got the link through another fansite, cant really remember which it was now. I remember being so majorly overwhelmed when i saw it...it litreally is EVERYTHING LINKIN PARK. Love how it provides so many exclusives and instant updates, gotta appreciate LPlive crew, you guys are seriously awesome. Love how interactive the forum is and how the site is so effecient down to every little detail, obviously love the holiday giveaways :D . Lplive makes being an LP fan more fun than it already is. You guys do a hell of a job, keep it up! :D

Edited by Nikki_CBennington

I sought this site, when I was looking for a way to get consistent updates on LP's new album (which ended up becoming what is now "A Thousand Suns") probably right after "Lockjaw" was released at the end of '09...I was lucky enough to stop by this site after visiting lpassociation,lptimes and some other LP fansites...but nothing compared to lplive.net with their great job at keeping many LP fans up-to-date with their newswire postings about the band. So much, that everyday I regularly logged on to lplive.net throughout many courses of the day to read whatever new updates were released about the new album, Download to Donate, New Divide, 8-Bit Rebellion and your many exclusives...and most of the time I read all of the feedbacks from many of you other LP fans through pages and pages of forum postings. As of right now, Lplive.net still currently is the #1 website I visit daily...and you guys do a great job running a website...I think by far more than real LP.com and the LPU

So I found the site when I was looking to see if Linkin Park was going to play in pittsburgh ohhhh id say about three years ago. I found it when it was joined with that other site whatever the hell it was called. I just saw all the setlists, and I thought that it was a great site, so i decided to join that one. Then when they split I went with this site, and recreated my profile.

So yeah I love the site and the people on it.

I Discovered lpl when the Project Revolution setlist were released prior to the start of the tour, as far as i remeber.

There was a link to lpl from a german site.

Then I kept revisiting lpl because they were always a little faster with posting news than other sites were :D

Ahahaha okay, this is now the greatest story of my life, and it probably beats all the other ones here, because it's a story of destiny. It wouldn't be quite fair trying to win something,so just let me tell you the story.

Summer 2009, before I got to know LPLive.

After attending several Linkin Park shows I decided to go to 3 concerts next: Zurich, Stuttgart and Gräfenhainichen. In order to attend them, I had to stay at my friends' homes.

Daniel is living near Stuttgart and he and his friends decided to go with me to the Stuttgart show - a perfect opprtunity. The night before, we were talking about the upcoming concert. I was disappointed then, because Dead By Sunrise weren't in Zurich and I wondered, if they would be in Stuttgart (because it was announced that they would be on tour with Linkin Park in Europe). My Friend told me he looked up on LPLive.net and they would be on stage the next day. Of course, I didn't pay much attention to the Website, rather about what he told me about the show. This was the first time I heard of this site. The next day we went to the show and had a blast.

Back home I was planning the trip to Gräfenhainichen. It seemed to be cursed: My Friend in Berlin couldn't host me, I would have to go alone and the weather wouldn't be great either. I was about to cancel the plan when Daniel told me: You have to go, it's your destiny! (I had to laugh because it sounded so cheesy... if only I knew...)

The next I was on my way to nowhere. I got up early, took a cab to the next train station and went to i don't know where exactely. So there I was, in a train in Frankfurt, all alone, hoping I would meet some people who are on the way to the show, when two guys passed me. One of them had a blue LPU shirt on, he saw that I wore the LPU8 shirt. I hesitated to say hi, until the guy nodded and greeted me. I replied, but they passed me. There was I alone again, but only for few minutes. The guys came back because there were no free seats left so they stood beside me and we talked about Linkin Park. They told me so many things that I was ashamed to call myself a fan. I asked them where they know everything and they gave me an answer that almost knocked me off my feet: They are running a site called LPLive.net. (It was AndOne and Hahninator)

We had a great time at the show, I met Mark Fiore, Pooch, AnaPhx, MikeMichalangelo.... it was an unforgetabble evening. Knowing all those people kinda gave me the idea of an Meet and Greet before, so that no one would have to be at a show alone anymore - cause otherwise it would be just half the fun. That's when I decided to be a part of LPLive.

It changed a lot in my life... I got so many opportunities thanks to this community... That's my story.

The next I was on my way to nowhere. I got up early, took a cab to the next train station and went to i don't know where exactely. So there I was, in a train in Frankfurt, all alone, hoping I would meet some people who are on the way to the show, when two guys passed me. One of them had a blue LPU shirt on, he saw that I wore the LPU8 shirt. I hesitated to say hi, until the guy nodded and greeted me. I replied, but they passed me. There was I alone again, but only for few minutes. The guys came back because there were no free seats left so they stood beside me and we talked about Linkin Park. They told me so many things that I was ashamed to call myself a fan. I asked them where they know everything and they gave me an answer that almost knocked me off my feet: They are running a site called LPLive.net. (It was AndOne and Hahninator)

We had a great time at the show, I met Mark Fiore, Pooch, AnaPhx, MikeMichalangelo.... it was an unforgetabble evening. Knowing all those people kinda gave me the idea of an Meet and Greet before, so that no one would have to be at a show alone anymore - cause otherwise it would be just half the fun. That's when I decided to be a part of LPLive.

It changed a lot in my life... I got so many opportunities thanks to this community... That's my story.

This is awesome! I remember that. I was so happy on the train to see a guy in a LP shirt. I wanted to talk initially but I didn't know if you spoke English or not and I was kind of shy lol. It really was fate - you decided to go by yourself, there were no free seats on the train, we all managed to be on the same train, etc.

I had a BLAST with you at the show. We jumped together, sang together, made fun of Coheed & Cambria together (LOL), hung out with all of our new friends....it was so much fun. I hope we can do it again in 2011!

Great story Stefano. That was a trip I'll never forget. I made so many friends last year and it's funny how many of them are now involved with the site :D

I found LPL when i accidently typed in "linkin park live" into google instead of youtube. saw the site show up so presssed it. I joined because its a good site (has all the important and less important news about lp and the gigs ofcourse and i love to be updated with my favorite band)!

I found LPLive.net when I started listening to LP and when it was that textbased website with just the setlists, some info and the sources.

I found some songs like And One on the setlists that I didn't knew back then and it made me searching for them all over the internet.

So in some way LPLive made me the Linkin Park fan that I'm today :)

I discovered LPLive.net around mid-2007. I had brought tickets to Linkin Park's Sydney show on October 20th, and I was curious to know what songs they might play. So I searched the net for Linkin Park's setlists, and I stumbled across this website. What I really liked about this site was the indepth details and show notes, which I found really interesting - and within the first three days of me finding the site, I looked through and read hundreds of different show pages. I've been visiting this website almost daily ever since. I finally joined the forum last year =]

Have been visiting this site ever since 2007 but only just became a member recently. Back in the day, I only checked the set list page because I didn't realise there was a news section further down! Yes I know, what an idiot! :lol:

What I love about this site is the detailed information we get with every LP show, I don't think there is another fan site that provides that sort of info. And off course there is the LP news, and the members always have something interesting to say.

The staff do an amazing job here. Thanks for everything.