New Australia Date Canberra

SpikeMinoda

too many shows in one country... is this a record? didnt knew that people were crazy for LP in australia...

If there was a record for most consecutive dates in one country excluding the United States then it would be a record of 9 for Australia. But the previous record of 7 would also of been held by Australia

too many shows in one country... is this a record? didnt knew that people were crazy for LP in australia...

US hasss to have more.

I think the only states and territories that dont have an LP show in them are Tasmania and Northern Territory.

If you think about it, Australia is almost as big as the the United States. So of course it would have more shows. It is a record. The only problem i see is how close to the show they're announcing it. I usually need two months in advance to plan for a concert. A good thing i'm not in Australia.

They should play more shows in Canada and Mexico. Maybe a return to South America for more in 2011, or some in South Africa. Other than that, LP does pretty well in hitting a lot of different countries.

Congrats to Australia. I'm sure they don't add shows for the hell of it...this seems like the work of the LP promoter who probably told the band there was a lot of demand for them and wanted to see if they could add another show. That's usually what happens with the second night in London, second night in Sydney and what happened in Dortmund.

I think they might add New Zealand after Canberra because I don't see them playing more than 9 shows in Australia lol. Maybe 2 in Auckland for 11 total to wrap it up. But dang they sure are announcing them close to the show!

• 2 weeks later...

this is the only aussie show i won't be able to attend :( i've had to take some unpaid leave from work to do all of the others so i think if i asked for another day i could actually lose my job lol.

bit concerned about how the ticket sales are going to go for this one though...

newcastle was announced very late as well - and according to the mates i stayed with while in newcastle, it wasn't advertised very much either - hence the fact that the gig only ended up being probably 60-70% full. bit disappointing but the band played a show matched to any other - if they were disappointed with the attendance you most certainly would not have known ;)

Yeah 3 weeks is pushing it to try and sell out a show in Canberra in December. Canberra people are snobs at the best of time. Look at attendance at raiders games (noone goes). Then they win and people come along.

Not sure of the capacity at AIS arena for this concert or sales so if anyone knows let me know. Also if LPST/LPU needs help getting posters around let me know ASAP!!