22.10.2010 - Stuttgart, Germany

hahninator

Linkin Park will be playing their second show of the European leg of the "A Thousand Suns" World Tour today in Stuttgart, Germany at the Hanns-Martin-Schleyer-Halle. This is LP's second performance in Stuttgart...the first being the outdoor show last year, which I had the pleasure to attend ("Reading My Eyes" over "Points Of Authority", anyone?). The first show of the European leg took place on the 20th in Berlin (show page here) and featured the same setlist as the band played in South America ("Bleed It Out" continued to close instead of "What I've Done").

So this brings me to a few questions. If the band is indeed rotating setlists as rumored, then this might be the show they do it at. They debuted a brand new stage in Berlin (the new LP "V" shape" stage) with their full "A Thousand Suns" production. Will they play a different setlist, or will LP continue with the same set in Europe and only change it up later? If so, when will they change it? When will we get "Blackout", "Burning In The Skies", and "Robot Boy"? Also note that at the Berlin LPU M&G, Rob mentioned that the band would be playing "Points Of Authority" "later". This gives more fuel to the fire for other setlists being played, and will probably make the Meteora fans happy that have been complaining about the lack of "Somewhere I Belong", "Lying From You", "From The Inside" and more. And the last question with that is...if they play another setlist, will LP finally play an older song we've been wanting to hear?

Note that the HYBRID THEORY 10TH ANNIVERSARY is coming up in only a few days. Do you think they will celebrate it live anyway? Or celebrate it at all, for that matter? We've heard nothing from the band about it recently, so they might not even acknowledge it. We sure hope so though... I think I speak for the majority when I say a full album performance of Hybrid Theory would be badass. But we can all dream! Anyway...

The next show is on the 23rd in Linz, Austria at the TipsArena. Interestingly enough, there's no show on the 24th.

The rest of the 2010 tour dates can be found here.

Who is going to the Stuttgart show from LPLive?

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches & Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice, & Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

-------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out

Edit: Find the showpage here and download a sample of a recording here.

Thx to Biel for the link

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm just wondering when "later" is for points of authority. i hope its soon and i hope that when they rotate setlists they will play more meteora songs. the main thing i don't like about the setlist right now is the lack of meteora songs. they need to play more meteora. well, i hope they rotate setlists and i hope they do something for the 10th anniversary for Hybrid Theory

Am I the only one who thinks itd be an oxymoron if the band played WTCFM and PoA in the same setlist? Anyway not gonna lie id be pretty disappointed if the band didnt do something at least for the 10 year anniversary...

Am I the only one who thinks itd be an oxymoron if the band played WTCFM and PoA in the same setlist? Anyway not gonna lie id be pretty disappointed if the band didnt do something at least for the 10 year anniversary...

No i agree w you, i have no desire to see them in the same set and i dont think they will be so they must be rotating them or itll be played on the next leg, i think wed all love them to play HT in full lol but that wont happen, the least they could do though is bring back a song theh havent played in a while? (Forgotten or with you? XD)

No i agree w you, i have no desire to see them in the same set and i dont think they will be so they must be rotating them or itll be played on the next leg, i think wed all love them to play HT in full lol but that wont happen, the least they could do though is bring back a song theh havent played in a while? (Forgotten or with you? XD)

i actually would love them in the same set. they are both epic songs and i would love to hear them both in one show. I hope they bring back APFMH, With You, and Runaway for HT aniversery. and Pushing Me Away

i actually would love them in the same set. they are both epic songs and i would love to hear them both in one show. I hope they bring back APFMH, With You, and Runaway for HT aniversery. and Pushing Me Away

They are but lyrically itd be contradictory.

Forfeit The Game

Not the same person telling you to forfeit the game

i just think itd be funny/awkward lol

Forfeit The Game

i see what you mean but i think most people wouldn't mind that and some people probably wouldn't even notice.

Forfeit The Game

I don't get how it would be awkward. The lyrical messages are different. In WTCFM, he's saying he's not the same person he was when they made Hybrid Theory which the lyrics from POA is referring too. He didn't specifically mean the song but generally something they're not anymore or want to be.

And so effing what? They should remove a great song from the setlist simply because you think it would be "awkward?" something i bet only a handful of people among the thousands of people will be thinking about.

And so effing what? They should remove a great song from the setlist simply because you think it would be "awkward?" something i bet only a handful of people among the thousands of people will be thinking about.

-sigh-

why do you guys always over dramatize everything lol

im not telling/asking the band too it was just my view on it.

IM SOO EXCITED!!!!!

Im volunteering for MFR so I will get to see the setlist before the show starts (again just like in Berlin) I try my best to keep you updated, because I dont have a smartphone :(

Ill post everything on my @anaPHX twitter. So if there is a major change, Ill text it to twitter.

Hey everyone... I will go to Stuttgart as well and will also be part of the M&G. I can't tell anyone how excited I am! I found the confirmation yesterday evening in my SPAM folder... so thank God I am not deleting it automatically.

And I am happy to see, that there will be some more people from LPL so I will meet more than I thought ;-) This will be great fun!

I'm on my way to my buddy BlackChester to drive to Stuttgart. Will be my 12th show tonight. I'll hang out at the MFR booth for a while and try to take a pic of the setlist once again hehe. See you there Ana. And to everyone else, if you have a liitle extra time after the show, try to find us outside for the LPL M&G and sign our epic poster.

I'm on my way to my buddy BlackChester to drive to Stuttgart. Will be my 12th show tonight. I'll hang out at the MFR booth for a while and try to take a pic of the setlist once again hehe. See you there Ana. And to everyone else, if you have a liitle extra time after the show, try to find us outside for the LPL M&G and sign our epic poster.

Cool i 'll try to sign the poster after the show.

Have my first meet and greet. So excited just like you guys.

Would be cool to meet you jonas

Really curious to see if they'll rotate setlists for the European tour. For some reason I don't see them doing it but I won't be surprised if they play some other songs tonight. I think "Points Of Authority" would definately be in there then, maybe instead of "Papercut"?

Anyway, have fun tonight :)

Edited by DecanoLP

Forfeit The Game

Even better Points of Authority segues into WTCFM ;) haha that would actually make me lol at the show and points shouldn't replace papercut, but should be in there as well as it :) if they're gonna replace papercut do it with another HT song that hasn't been played in 4 years or more :) unless of course they want to play APFMH which I'll happily go mental to!

When I asked Mr Hahn on the LPU chat about the HT anniversary this is what he said:

REE_REE says: Will you be doing anything special to mark Hybrid Theory’s 10 year anniversary?

Mr Hahn (LPU chat) says: hybrid theory anniversary... it already passed, so we missed the boat on that one. we put out a thousand suns to celebrate.

I don't know why he said it has already passed but I hope they do something to mark it on tour.

Hey everyone... I will go to Stuttgart as well and will also be part of the M&G. I can't tell anyone how excited I am! I found the confirmation yesterday evening in my SPAM folder... so thank God I am not deleting it automatically.

And I am happy to see, that there will be some more people from LPL so I will meet more than I thought ;-) This will be great fun!

same here :D

found it in my spam folder, too xD

so excited for the M&G

i dont know what to speak with them because i will be so nervous :D

hopefully i'm not just standing there around quietly

Edited by Shedar