20.10.2010 - Berlin, Germany

hahninator

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet stage! Looks a lot like the one from the KROQ Breakfast (probably is). It has a pointed front, like a diamond or triangle, instead of a normal, flat front stage. It also looks like a bigger screen backdrop than what was seen at the KROQ show.

EDIT: I just made a connection! Triangle Stage - Trinity Symbol - Trinity Nuclear Bomb Testing - Nuclear War - Theme of A Thousand Suns (Nuclear Destruction)

Probably looking into it too deep, but pretty sweet nevertheless. ;)

Edited by LPFreak64

Sweet stage! Looks a lot like the one from the KROQ Breakfast (probably is). It has a pointed front, like a diamond or triangle, instead of a normal, flat front stage. It also looks like a bigger screen backdrop than what was seen at the KROQ show.

EDIT: I just made a connection! Triangle Stage - Trinity Symbol - Trinity Nuclear Bomb Testing - Nuclear War - Theme of A Thousand Suns (Nuclear Destruction)

Probably looking into it too deep, but pretty sweet nevertheless. ;)

Your post(s) are always full of win. That is a pretty damn good way to look at it

Your post(s) are always full of win. That is a pretty damn good way to look at it

Thanks!

Also, another thing is that with a pointed stage, more people are allowed to be on the front row. Also, the band has less area to cover to get from stage left to stage right, which mean a more energetic show!

Why is everyone so impressed by the stage...it's the same as it was in South America minus the triangle front and fairly dull compared to what it was supposedly going to be :/ it's exactly what chester said it wouldn't be - the band and a screen behind them - there's nothing impressive except the video scratching when joe does. Don't get me wrong I'm fine with that 'cause the band seem pretty on form currently but we were promised a multimedia experience which this really isn't I mean even pyro would probably improve it...maybe they're gonna change it up next year instead but I really wish they'd at least change/add a few songs to the setlist as they're doing so many dates in Germany and the UK if they're not gonna rotate sets and bearing in mind I'm seeing 2 shows I really hope I don't see the exact same thing twice :|

I assume it's all gonna get changed up in the US next year I just wonder whether the band are gonna be doing festivals in the summer or if it's gonna be more arena dates as they've confirmed they're back in Europe next summer :/

I actually like the very simple stage. I like it better when the performance of the band or any musician speaks for itself. Too many flashing lights, and whatnots on stage to me is a sign of a lack of confidence in the performance. I don't want to be distracted from the live band. I can go to clubs where the theme is flashing lights and distracting visuals. I was afraid the band was going to do something really flashy and i'm glad they didn't. I don't get the obsession with how flashy the stage should be. And pyros? Seriously? How dangerous and seriously classless. It only belongs on a KISS stage and the circus. Since the KISS band dress like clowns anyways, it suits them. If you want a real dress up, then go see Katy Perry who can't sing to save her live and can't even dance and need all that distraction to make the audience think they're getting their money's worth.

I actually like the very simple stage. I like it better when the performance of the band or any musician speaks for itself. Too many flashing lights, and whatnots on stage to me is a sign of a lack of confidence in the performance. I don't want to be distracted from the live band. I can go to clubs where the theme is flashing lights and distracting visuals. I was afraid the band was going to do something really flashy and i'm glad they didn't. I don't get the obsession with how flashy the stage should be. And pyros? Seriously? How dangerous and seriously classless. It only belongs on a KISS stage and the circus. Since the KISS band dress like clowns anyways, it suits them. If you want a real dress up, then go see Katy Perry who can't sing to save her live and can't even dance and need all that distraction to make the audience think they're getting their money's worth.

....you DO realize LP used to use pyro and dress up on stage, right?

Hence why i said i prefer this simple stage set as opposed to whatever crazy idea they might have had or still do. I'm seen them with other stage sets and this is by far my favourite. Flashy doesn't work for me unless its Michael Jackson performing.

Great show I just got back from it. I recorded some video and will put it up when infer home on fri. I came from la to this show. It was a good show. The crowd was nuts but like others have said lp needs to talk durring the show. When u listen to the dsp of this show you will gave no idea it's from Berlin other than the fact it will be named so.

Pyro isn't necessarily classless or dangerous seriously watch some videos of Rammstein it's actually quite impressive ;) also I'd like to have at least some sort of screen in front of the supports beneath Rob and Joe's risers as it looks super boring seriously just adding a bit to the stage isn't detracting from the performance it just makes it look better but currently it looks like a half assed attempt to improve the stage from last year and 2008 :/ but that's just my view

REALLY???? Those are new!! What'd they dress up as? Also guys you forget this was the first show of the tour, if they're rotating sets then this was the first. Also they made a mistake, on the page they listed The Radiance after The Requirem lols. I'm glad they're sticking with the new version though.