Linkin Park On Hulu

lerkid

Something i want to add... the video is call "Meeting of a Thousand Suns" Not Making of A Thousand Suns. I know we are used to getting the making of the music, but this was never stated. The title kind foreshadows that it is a meeting, and like how the band struggle with this album more than just the making of.

Tho i do hope we do get the actual making of, but dont compare it with the MTM DVD because it's not suppose to be the same. Just as you wouldnt compare MTM to ATS since its clearly two different things

Not sure if you paid attention to what I said, but I did say this:

It's not called "Making of A Thousand Suns" though. It's called "Meeting of A Thousand Suns." And now I know why.

I understand that it was never stated. However, it was never stated otherwise what it would be and I think some people were expecting to see some more things about the creation of the music. I still enjoyed seeing it though and I'm not judging it since I haven't seen the whole thing. From what I saw, it was very interesting to see this side of the band. I think it will be an interesting DVD. I'm not sure if it was made to intentionally be a certain way. You'd have to ask whoever made the DVD. I don't think it's unfair to compare them though, just like I don't think it would be unfair to compare M2M and ATS. I know that ATS will be a completely different album, but that doesn't mean you can't make a couple comparisons. I've already seen people compare ATS to M2M in small ways.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sorry guys,

got a question... got the german version and the bad words cutted out so bad, that i can't understand what they were talking on 23:32...

I only understand that they were talking about the mix but I don't geht the sense though...

BTW: I love when mike is serious.. "Chester are you with us?" :D

Edited by maatze

i have not watched this yet, in the UK and at work so will try to see if can watch it later, but from reading your comments am already feeling a little disappointed.

This was billed as being an indepth bigger look at the process and when it's actually arrived it's only 30 minutes long.

However everyone seems to be making there own stories up about what they see, be careful not to do that, you do not know the whole story. Why think they had a horrible time making this album? In kerrang! interview a few weeks ago, they asked why make an album like this? Mike's response, "it's fun". They give no signal whats so ever that it wasn't.

This documentry which shows only the smallest pieces of the process seems to focus on the frustrating parts only, which happen in any big creative project.

Way too short in my opinion. I somehow like those distortion effects but there are way too many, screwing up especially the interesting parts in some conversations.

I think all the other Making Of's were just better, we got to hear more clips of unreleased songs to torture us. Meeting ATS was interesting though, but all you get to see is them trying to achieve weird sounds for their album and almost the entire catalyst song in the middle, WTH, what a waste of playtime for this short documentary. We see almost nothing how they actually record a song.

I thought the Catalyst video was on the DVD as well, but apparently it isn't.

The documentary occupies not even 2 GB on this bonus DVD. They could have thrown a lot more stuff on there like they did for MTM.

Just watched it, and even at 29 minutes, it seems like the trailer for the REAL "Meeting of a Thousand Suns." The band meetings were interesting, especially Chester "going Rick Rubin" at the end, but right when things get interesting it cuts away to something else.

Not so sure I'll buy the deluxe version now, since it's just a 30 minute fluff-piece commercial for the album, but in conclusion, I will be extremely happy when the distorted editing effect is a thing of the past. Glad they put this on Hulu and saved me a few bucks that be re-routed for future concert tickets, DSPs, etc.

Just watched it.

Really interesting that Warner was working against them...

I gotta say watching this gave more inside on how the bands emotions were during that time.

Also some parts of the dvd were shown as LPtv, it felt to me like puzzle pieces watching the lptv episodes and the dvd to get a "Full Experience" of how the album was made and when their ideas were and how they executed it.

For example Blackout freestyle Chester did, you saw how Chester came up with the rhythm and eventually recording the track.

What i found weird is at the end when Chester was done talking and someone asked something and it cuts off...

Imo it'll leave people in question.

I love how nothing stays exclusive for Linkin Park, even before the album is released everywhere, they have the DVD and CD streaming on the Internet. I preordered it, but what was the point now? At least wait until the 14th!

I love how nothing stays exclusive for Linkin Park, even before the album is released everywhere, they have the DVD and CD streaming on the Internet. I preordered it, but what was the point now? At least wait until the 14th!

This, i spend $139 for the Deluxe Edition and now i have it all leaked, this is disgusting...

the arguements reminded me of "Some Kind Of Monster". This proved that they were all just aimlessly wandering......they lost what the band ment to them.

Chester has good opinions.....but when the music just isn't good enough. You should just tell the label it isn't good enough....not just hand it in.