Linkin Park On Hulu

lerkid

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just finished watching it and in my opinion the MTM documentary was a thousand times better. This one felt way too rushed and had too many of those distorted effects and transitions. It was so annoying.

and that was Rob's only speech time in the whole documentary.

Okay, before everyone starts saying that this is horrible edited and that this is not the LP we know during their "making of", which happens to be all the guys always joking around. This is a way more serious making of, you see them argue and tension growing as the deadline got closer. But i just couldnt stop thinking of how this is a big example of how the album is, we get to see another side of LP, i dont think ive ever seen them argue like this before, as well as how we got another side of Lp (sound wise) in the album. As you can see it stars like a regular making of, chester brad and mike just joking around, specially Brad, but its not the same kind of fun. Just how the album starts like a LP album, but then it just goes another different road. You see the tension building, and it got to the point where i actually got scare of it. Also the small clips represent the small clips in the album, which helped build the tension even more.

And if you think about it the album its the same way, the tension builds until The Catalyst happens, the destruction of everything. and it got to the point where they guys felt that way in the video. But in the end, chester gives a speech of how they need to just say fuck everything and everyone, and all they need to do is to write music. It gives the band hope, as The Messenger gives hope once the The Catalyst had happen in the album.

For me thats the theme of the album, shit happens but no matter how bad things might end up, there is always hope of things getting better. If you pay close attention you can tell some of the songs have that same message. "Do you feel cold and lost in desperation, You build up hope but failure's all you've known, Remember all the sadness and frustration, And let it go"

I really wished i could of seen this before listening to the album. So my advise to people who havent heard the album yet, make sure you watch this first. And just like the album, make sure you go to this with an open mind, and not expecting the same LP.

Edited by Fran07Chile

This "making of" was just as shocking to me as first listening to the album and I guess it's cool to be unexpected and way different from their past albums/making of but I was really hoping to see more of the music being made instead of just random craziness. I guess they just really want people to have their own interpretation of the album and not really give as much insight as they have in the past. I also wished they didn't cover up so many of the talking parts with louder sounds. The camera shake pissed me off too. Overall this was a let down, but I see where they're coming from and it was interesting to see the tension and darker side of the process.

it was okay, i wanted to see more of how they wrote and created songs instead of just them talking every month leading up to the deadline. the censoring with the loud noises was also annoying. it was interesting to see them argue though and i was really pissed when brads like, "stop filming me," because it seemed like he was about to say something awesome. chester's speech at the end was good though.

LOL @ Mike blowing up on Brad within a minute of it starting. Holy shit a total headache to watch with all the editing. Terrible editing. Seriously? They have to introduce the band? This is the what, 4th Making Of DVD we've had and they introduce the band NOW?

RICK IS IN THE DVD

Rob had one part. But Joe was in the DVD doing 10x more than he did for MTM lol. rofl @ Catalyst in the middle.

End is insane. All the building up. Chester's speech at the end is EPIC. You can see they talk about Tom Whalley a lot and LP managers, etc. Chester said FUCK the deadlines, fuck the 3rd party influence bullshit, fuck the record label telling them how to make songs. Phoenix said fuck this record label wanting a 3 minute radio single. This is GREAT MATERIAL. I wish we had more lol.

End really is the craziest LP footage I've ever seen. Chester has such a great little role. I love that. The clip before Wretches I believe came from this.

The record label talk by Mike is interesting, he said it should be canceled if they can't meet the deadline. It seems the band REALLY REALLY battled with them on this CD. I bet they say fuck Warner eventually and do it on their own. This looks insanely stressful. What a DVD. Editing sucked but I really loved it, especially near the end. Are the Wretches lyrics about the label? LOL "People up top push the people down low"

i was majorly disappointed with the DVD. when you pop the disc in - it brings you to a 'menu' which is actually just a video of the same distortion (that is severely overused throughout the doco) - no 'play' 'chapters' or any other buttons... so you need to at least be able to work out to press 'ok' on your remote to get it going.

i was disappointed with the content. didn't give a very clear idea of how the album and songs were progressing - it almost seemed as though the entire foundation of the album was locked down very early on in the piece, but gradually got torn to shit by the end of it - leaving us on 1 month from deadline and the band looking like they had nothing left to work with, missed the deadline for MoH (obviously may not have been the case but it is portrayed that way) and that's it! sure it was hopeful, but we got zero insight as to how they pulled through it all and the end result.

another thing that bugged me was a lot of the important names/info was "censored" out using that god awful distortion sound that happened about 100 times throughout its short running time.

as others have said - i honestly believe the content we're getting in the LPTV episodes are far superior. the latest one with mike and chester working on waiting for the end is absolutely brilliant. that's the kinda stuff i was hoping to see :(

not disappointed with the overall album package though - the cd/dvd version is fantastic. foil cover so it gives a rainbow effect in light, tri-fold, cd and dvd share a theme on the artwork, booklet is pretty thorough and has lots of cool artwork (only gripe is that the lyrics play as part of the content and are at times impossible to read).

i should also add that it was correct what we have heard - the cd only and cd/dvd versions have significantly different artwork in them!

edit: just thought i should add that my overall opinion of the dvd is mainly influenced by the fact that i felt it left us with no idea of how they got from the stress/hardship to having a completed album.

Edited by Narc85

there's way too much distortion in the editing, almost made me sick with the way the camera kept shaking and blurring. and it kind of came off as none of them being happy and constantly being at each others throats about things. i know a lot of it was most likely stress but i've never seen them all so frustrated. the end though, where chester gave his 'fuck everything' speech, redeemed it.

Edited by kelly

LOL @ Mike blowing up on Brad within a minute of it starting. Holy shit a total headache to watch with all the editing. Terrible editing. Seriously? They have to introduce the band? This is the what, 4th Making Of DVD we've had and they introduce the band NOW?

RICK IS IN THE DVD

Rob had one part. But Joe was in the DVD doing 10x more than he did for MTM lol. rofl @ Catalyst in the middle.

End is insane. All the building up. Chester's speech at the end is EPIC. You can see they talk about Tom Whalley a lot and LP managers, etc. Chester said FUCK the deadlines, fuck the 3rd party influence bullshit, fuck the record label telling them how to make songs. Phoenix said fuck this record label wanting a 3 minute radio single. This is GREAT MATERIAL. I wish we had more lol.

End really is the craziest LP footage I've ever seen. Chester has such a great little role. I love that. The clip before Wretches I believe came from this.

The record label talk by Mike is interesting, he said it should be canceled if they can't meet the deadline. It seems the band REALLY REALLY battled with them on this CD. I bet they say fuck Warner eventually and do it on their own. This looks insanely stressful. What a DVD. Editing sucked but I really loved it, especially near the end. Are the Wretches lyrics about the label? LOL "People up top push the people down low"

I really thought this video was intense. My opinion though, as described by another member "the last part at the end, that wasn't just a speech by Chester. The band was seriously considering breaking up because of the label restrictions and pressure. The band wouldn't be so morose and serious about not meeting a deadline. Mike's question wasn't about the time they have left making the album. It was the time they had LEFT. They came THAT close to not being a band anymore." And I truely believed that when I watched it the first time before reading that comment. They nearly blew the deadline on meteora before and it wasn't nearly shown to be THAT stressful and serious compared to this.

I swear to God this made me more scared about the band's future than actually enjoying the content. Linkin Park really needs to fucking leave Warner Bros. They obviously chose The Catalyst as a single as a FU to warner.

Edited by LPjahova808

I swear to God this made me more scared about the band's future than actually enjoying the content. Linkin Park really needs to fucking leave Warner Bros.

my thoughts exactly. like i said, i've never seen them act like that until i watched this. very upsetting.

I really thought this video was intense. My opinion though, as described by another member "the last part at the end, that wasn't just a speech by Chester. The band was seriously considering breaking up because of the label restrictions and pressure. The band wouldn't be so morose and serious about not meeting a deadline. Mike's question wasn't about the time they have left making the album. It was the time they had LEFT. They came THAT close to not being a band anymore." And I truely believed that when I watched it the first time before reading that comment. They nearly blew the deadline on meteora before and it wasn't nearly shown to be THAT stressful and serious compared to this.

I swear to God this made me more scared about the band's future than actually enjoying the content. Linkin Park really needs to fucking leave Warner Bros. They obviously chose The Catalyst as a single as a FU to warner.

all of this. Jesus Christ, i could literally feel the pressure the band was put under. This was nothing compared to how the other DVDs were. I felt as though the band were close to the brink of saying fuck it we are done.

Was all the effects necessary? Ugh...

i don't think you guys need to be worried about the bands future. Sure, they were arguing but i think that's soemthing that's happened with every album. it has to be, people get annoyed after a while. i think moATS was the first time we really see them getting pissed. i just think they went from OH MAN I LOVE MAKING NEW MUSIC to Oh shit wb and ea want us to make a single and we've got nothing it's blah blah blah's fault, everyones angry... chester says something smart and the end.

major let down. lol. oh well, album is still banging

Overall, I thought this DVD was awesome. The editing was a bit much, but it goes with the sense we've been getting from all of the LPTV episodes so it didn't really bother me. What annoyed me was the fact that we only got a half our for a making of DVD when MTM was nearly an hour long and we got so much more of a glimpse at the actual making of the album. We got a real good look at the band and the constant bullshit and struggles they went through during the process of writing this album, I just wish they would have showed more. Overall, very epic feeling from the DVD. Can't wait for the album. Yeah, I still haven't listened to it. I got my email from UPS telling me the album shipped so I can make it through the weekend

I didn't watch the whole thing but it was obvious that it was different and much less focused on the actual musical process and song creation than the M2M DVD was. I can already tell that the M2M "making of" will most likely be 3 or 4x better. It's not called "Making of A Thousand Suns" though. It's called "Meeting of A Thousand Suns." And now I know why. From what I saw though, it was still really damn cool seeing this side of the band. It's very rare to see them get angry or argue with eachother and it's kind of interesting to see all of that. One of the only times that I remember seeing any of them arguing was in this video:

If you skip to 2:50, Brad and Chester get in an argument..although its...a different kind of argument.

Something i want to add... the video is call "Meeting of a Thousand Suns" Not Making of A Thousand Suns. I know we are used to getting the making of the music, but this was never stated. The title kind foreshadows that it is a meeting, and like how the band struggle with this album more than just the making of.

Tho i do hope we do get the actual making of, but dont compare it with the MTM DVD because it's not suppose to be the same. Just as you wouldnt compare MTM to ATS since its clearly two different things

The only kind of Making Of documentaries that are worth watching to me are ones that go song by song and show how each one was created, perhaps with interspersed bits about the general recording process. This isn't anything like that, therefore I don't like it. How can you make an in-depth documentary about an album that's 17 minutes shorter than the album itself? This was pretty much 30 minutes of "gotta get the record done, gotta get the record done, OH SHIT REALLY GOTTA GET THE RECORD DONE!" ...and then it ends. I'm not any more educated about what went into making the music on this album than I was half an hour ago, all they really showed me with this documentary is a bit of insight into the kind of pressure they're under when making an album (which I already understood in the first place)...with a bunch of digital distortion/blurring effects thrown in to make the video hard to watch and the dialogue hard to understand.

The Making Of documentary for the self-titled Avenged Sevenfold album, now THAT's a good documentary. I'm not even a big fan of that band and I love watching it.

Something i want to add... the video is call "Meeting of a Thousand Suns" Not Making of A Thousand Suns. I know we are used to getting the making of the music, but this was never stated. The title kind foreshadows that it is a meeting, and like how the band struggle with this album more than just the making of.

Tho i do hope we do get the actual making of, but dont compare it with the MTM DVD because it's not suppose to be the same. Just as you wouldnt compare MTM to ATS since its clearly two different things

The title doesn't explicitly state that it's a "making of," but I believe they said that's what it was several times in the press releases and whatnot. In particular, I remember Mike saying something to the effect of "it's the best making of we've ever done."