Interview with Mike Shinoda

Jacrid

Article on 20min

"In an Interview with 20 Minutes, the cheerful guitarist Mike Shinoda speaks about WTF-Moments and melting faces.

20min:

Today your new Album will be released. Do you still listen to your own record at this point?

Mike Shinoda:

No, for fear of that the Songs will leak on the Internet, the CD is guarded so well, that even we can’t listen to them. Only journalists have the honor (laugh). Have you listened to „A Thousand Suns?“

Yes, and I was surprised…

You mean, you had WTH-moments.

WTH-Moments?

Yeah, „What the hell“-Moments. I had those many times in the Studio. We threw around the wildest ideas and often acted knowingly against our own instincts.

And that’s why you sound more Pop than ever?

Amongst other things. Besides, you can hear the Word „Love“ the first time ever on a Linkin-Park-Album. But it’s not like we sound totally different and do schmaltzy Polka anyway. The record has to be good after all. And our Polka-Arts are modest.

You will play in Zürich Hallenstadion in November.

Oh yes. This will be an experience for all senses. We will make faces melting. Only figuratively of course. No one has to be afraid of getting hurt.

The new Linkin-Park-Album „A Thousand Suns“ hits stores today."

Source

What do you guys think about this?

Album really cant have been that well guarded haha, and as for the WTH moments, think a lot of people on here had them when they listened to the songs on ATS however, many people (like myself) love it!

Make faces melt? With the bass that is in WAK this can not be far from the truth!

BRING ON NOVEMBER!!!

Yeah, „What the hell"-Moments. I had those many times in the Studio. We threw around the wildest ideas and often acted knowingly against our own instincts.

And that's why you sound more Pop than ever?

Owned. :lol: Edited by Qwerty18

Epic Fail.

How's this : POA (You love the way I look at you) & In Peices (Your lips say that you love)???

I think Mike is talking about Love with the complete meaning of Love...

I think in POA the word Love is not talking about love directly...

In Pieces, sorry Mike you failed XD btw is noted that is a Chester's lyric...

I think Mike is talking about Love with the complete meaning of Love...

I think in POA the word Love is not talking about love directly...

This. What he means is the POSITIVE meaning of "love", not the semi-negatives that are in POA and In Pieces.

Also, lol @ the cd being "so guarded" ............ ;)

I laughed my ass off when he said the pop thing. Man, I'd be scared to ask something like that in Mike's face. Perhaps he meant to say mainstream instead of pop. He might have been correct if he would have used the word mainstream instead. I'm sure he knows there's more to mainstream music than just pop.

Edited by LinkinParkHotspur

I'm still perplexed as to how this album sounds "pop" to people. Are you still living in 1995? I wish I was but unfortunately I'm not. This album does not sound pop.

the beatles kind of pop then yeah but current modernized meaning of pop, hell no.

and the cd was well guarded. it leaked only a week before the cd was released? thats really good actually.

Awful interview. Half of it made no sense but I guess that's because it was English translated to German and back to English. "cheerful guitarist"? What the fuck does that mean lol?

Possibly just "filler-words". We don't need to know mike's attitude for an interview, the hell?!