First 2010 Performance? MTV VMA's!

hahninator

The first 2010 performance for Linkin Park will take place Sunday, September 12th at the MTV Music Video Awards in Los Angeles, CA, where they will be playing their lead single off the new album "A Thousand Suns" entitled "The Catalyst".

Posted Image

The Linkin Park Facebook page states "We're performing "The Catalyst" live on TV for the first time ever at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, September 12. The show airs that day at 9:00PM." Chester commented on the performance, saying: "After two years of working on our new album, we're looking forward to sharing our first live performance of new music with our fans around the world on the MTV Awards," Chester Bennington said in a statement about the show. "

MTV.com adds: "The 27th annual MTV Video Music Awards will be broadcast live from the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on September 12 at 9 p.m. ET. Go to VMA.MTV.com (or text VMA to 97979 if they are Verizon subscribers) to vote for the Best New Artist video through September 12."

Source here.

This is the first concert of any type for the band since the Epicenter Festival in Pomona, CA last year on August 22nd, over ONE YEAR ago (show page here). It's important to note that this is the longest break the band has ever taken from performing live: 386 days. This is the first performance of the "A Thousand Suns" touring cycle and the first time they have played for a live TV show since they played the VMA's in 2007, playing 'Bleed It Out' with Timbaland (show page here).

The rest of the Linkin Park 2010 tour dates can be found here. Two days later, the band will head to New York City, NY to play the Nokia Theatre to play their first full show of the touring cycle. It would also be the first time they've played a venue with the same name in two consecutive cities on tour in the band's history except for the fact that the NYC venue was renamed to the Best Buy Theater recently.

Interesting enough?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thoose facts at the bottom were interesting. already knew the rest. can't wait to hear how it will sound live.

That's my nerd side, lol. I like to fill the preshow posts up with stuff like that.

No word on KROQ but I'll ask around and see what I can find. Live guide has to have all the info eventually, so I'm sure around the time of the performance we'll get what we need. I hope it's webcasted.

Lameeeeeeeeee

Oh well

If you think about though. Its a way to get the song out. I'm sure lots of People who have never heard the song will be watching the VMA's, so they will get to hear this song. So, this is a good thing, cause it could get the song more famous.

yeah I wanted the first performance of it to be in NYC :( I hope they at least debut a song or 2 there that they don't play at KROQ breakfast.

My thoughts exactly. They did it for Webster hall Time to do it again

Damn that's a lot of pressure, first time in front of millions of viewers all over the world lol, I hope they nail this performance!

I think they have enough experience to handle the performance ;D

I think they have enough experience to handle the performance ;D

Of course they do but they haven't performed live in front of an audience for over a year so I hope they come back stronger than ever!

Other confirmed performers for the 2010 VMAs include Eminem, Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Paramore, Drake, B.o.B, Usher and Florence and the Machine. Travie McCoy, Jason Derülo and Robyn will also join VMA house artist deadmau5 for a series of intimate performances.

MTV.com

Its a shame for LP to be in the same stage , Justin Bieber will know what mean strong music :lol:

Edited by Ace

Other confirmed performers for the 2010 VMAs include Eminem, Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Paramore, Drake, B.o.B, Usher and Florence and the Machine. Travie McCoy, Jason Derülo and Robyn will also join VMA house artist deadmau5 for a series of intimate performances.

MTV.com

Justin Bieber will know what mean strong music :lol:

Lulz. Oh, god... Bieber.

Maybe Bieber and Mike will have a meeting for the "swoopy bangs" club.

Kanye West is going to stop Mike right before he sings, take away his mic, and say "Imma let you finish but Bleed it Out was one of the best VMA performances of all time!".

I LOL'd.

Edited by ShinigamiPWN