LPUX Clarifications

hahninator

The only difference is that, LPU will be more exclusive like a closer circle because the expensive cost of the Anual Membership, now, if every person have access to the Store paying the Monthly membership will lose the exclusivity in a few seconds, if so, the new merch will be in a lower cost on eBay like the LPU 9 Cd $0,99

I don't know, maybe this new LPU will kill the international fan base on LPU, i'm talking about members from countries where the LPU M&G exclusivity is unnecessary...

Edited by maik_gianino

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is random but it just hit me...WOW...LPUX? I remember 2.0! It's crazy how long ago that was. But yay for me being there 9/10 years haha. Well technically I never renewed for 9 but that's cause I didn't feel like paying for the forums which that plus the CD was all I really ever used the LPU for before (1 M&G too). LPLive forums are better IMO lol.

I think LPUX will be the best LPU year by far. I've been an LPU member since 4.0 and this year seems the most promising. LP themselves said the LPU CD will be the most promising yet and the best. I'm thinking we'll get awesome b-sides, demos, remixes and really cool live tracks that we have been wanting. As for not getting the package, I could care less. The worst thing the LPU ever did was start selling the packages in Best Buy because to me, it took away the specialness of being an LPU member because anyone could just walk into the store and become a member, unlike if they actually had to go online and know something about the band. I never wear the LPU shirts and I could care less about the other little items like shoelaces or wristbands since I don't ever use that shit. We also have been getting slip cases since 6.0...wtf is that?

Holy crap I agree with everything you said. I think we'll get awesome b-sides and demos. Maybe a remix. I HIGHLY doubt anything live will be on it. LPU knows that live material really pisses off fans now, ESPECIALLY Breaking The Habit LOL.

Yeah the Best Buy stuff was ridiculous. Sure, we got the packages and leaks early but it really took away the exclusiveness. For some reason I just have a problem with fans at shows that say "oh yeah I heard a month ago LP was coming to X city so I signed up for the LPU and got a m&g!" That's garbage. Total garbage. I don't like being an LPU member since 4.0 and getting screwed on M&Gs for years and then someone that signed up for 1 week gets one. That's really fucked up in my opinion. That's just my 2 cents but maybe some of you can identify with that. Hell, I went to fucking 4 PR08 shows and got no M&G for any of them. Preston, his girlfriend and I all applied for 5 shows on PR08 and we didn't get ANYTHING. I got passed up on Fort Minor 2006, PR 2007, Nashville 2008, PR08 x5 and then 3 shows in Europe. I finally got a M&G in Zurich, Switzerland last summer but it was after they went down to 2 members. I hope the M&G returns to the 6 person format. 1 out of 12 shows for a M&G is a bit weird considering Ana signed up for the LPU with a second account right before Grafen, applied with her regular LPU account that's been there for years and with the new account, and what do you know, the new one got the M&G. I really think the system is totally flawed. They can say it's random but there's no way.

You can easily argue against this but it really is obvious to me at the shows who just joins the LPU for the M&Gs with no knowledge of the band. PR07 was slammed with LPU7 shirts and no one knew SHIT. I talked to like 10 people with LPU7 shirts and they seemed to know nothing about LP. But that's just one experience. I think the fanclub needs to have people that actually know some shit about the band. Doesn't seem fair to me that you can just like a song, join the fanclub and meet the band when other people go fucking insane for LP and LP like, means a lot to them in life, and get passed up for the n00bs on the M&Gs and stuff. Not cool.

I was not a fan of the LPU7 and LPU8 shirts but I wear my LPU9 shirt ALL. THE. TIME. literally like 2-3x a week. I think the design is badass so I really do wear it frequently. But yeah Geki for once I totally 110% agree with every word in your entire post lol. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Holy crap I agree with everything you said. I think we'll get awesome b-sides and demos. Maybe a remix. I HIGHLY doubt anything live will be on it. LPU knows that live material really pisses off fans now, ESPECIALLY Breaking The Habit LOL.

Yeah the Best Buy stuff was ridiculous. Sure, we got the packages and leaks early but it really took away the exclusiveness. For some reason I just have a problem with fans at shows that say "oh yeah I heard a month ago LP was coming to X city so I signed up for the LPU and got a m&g!" That's garbage. Total garbage. I don't like being an LPU member since 4.0 and getting screwed on M&Gs for years and then someone that signed up for 1 week gets one. That's really fucked up in my opinion. That's just my 2 cents but maybe some of you can identify with that. Hell, I went to fucking 4 PR08 shows and got no M&G for any of them. Preston, his girlfriend and I all applied for 5 shows on PR08 and we didn't get ANYTHING. I got passed up on Fort Minor 2006, PR 2007, Nashville 2008, PR08 x5 and then 3 shows in Europe. I finally got a M&G in Zurich, Switzerland last summer but it was after they went down to 2 members. I hope the M&G returns to the 6 person format. 1 out of 12 shows for a M&G is a bit weird considering Ana signed up for the LPU with a second account right before Grafen, applied with her regular LPU account that's been there for years and with the new account, and what do you know, the new one got the M&G. I really think the system is totally flawed. They can say it's random but there's no way.

You can easily argue against this but it really is obvious to me at the shows who just joins the LPU for the M&Gs with no knowledge of the band. PR07 was slammed with LPU7 shirts and no one knew SHIT. I talked to like 10 people with LPU7 shirts and they seemed to know nothing about LP. But that's just one experience. I think the fanclub needs to have people that actually know some shit about the band. Doesn't seem fair to me that you can just like a song, join the fanclub and meet the band when other people go fucking insane for LP and LP like, means a lot to them in life, and get passed up for the n00bs on the M&Gs and stuff. Not cool.

I was not a fan of the LPU7 and LPU8 shirts but I wear my LPU9 shirt ALL. THE. TIME. literally like 2-3x a week. I think the design is badass so I really do wear it frequently. But yeah Geki for once I totally 110% agree with every word in your entire post lol. Couldn't have said it better myself.

/bowsdowntothealmighty

The meet and greet thing is bs. I've been to 7 LP shows, applied for a meet and greet for all of them and have received none.

lol I genuinely find it funny that I have never seen one post from you that doesn't have any negativity in it

You can easily argue against this but it really is obvious to me at the shows who just joins the LPU for the M&Gs with no knowledge of the band. PR07 was slammed with LPU7 shirts and no one knew SHIT. I talked to like 10 people with LPU7 shirts and they seemed to know nothing about LP. But that's just one experience.

Get your shit straight LPU7 didn't launch till after PR07 :P

I get your point you mean pr08 :P

What i'm wondering is if i'll be able to get a month membership for ten and still purchase the cd/whatever else they may have new for this year (ie. tshirt etc.)

of course, i know no one has the answer; my statement is rhetorical.

if that's the case though, paying ten for a month, and getting the cd, and whatever else, if at a reasonable price, then it wouldn't be that bad.

Hahninator said that the monthly membership entitles you to the merch store, so I assume you can join for a month and get any merchandise you want from the store including the LPUX CD and t-shirts

EDIT: This is incorrect. I read it wrong. As far as we know, you must pay $60 to have access to merch.

Edited by Cbass

Now the most important question for me is - will the new LPU merch and older LPU9 stuff be selling in LPU BANDMERCH store? If so - fuck this. I'm not joining, as probably everyone from Ukraine and other countries that Bandmerch stopped shipping stuff to.

I'd recommend to do something about this - bandmerch limited country list a lot, and this made me very angry. Even people from Russia can order something there, and we from Ukraine - can't. WTF????

And they told me that they don't feel like adding Ukraine to the list.

I dunno if this has been asked yet but is there any ruff dates when the A Decade Underground is out and then when the LPUX Cd is out?

ADU is already out now. You get it when you order LPUX. There won't be a physical CD for it. IMO.

And as of now, there is no word on the release date for the ACTUAL LPUX CD. LPU changes in october, so i guess it would release then or later.

Weird it may sound, but I'm a lil bit more stoked for LPUX than for ATS. LOL.

i totally agree , people just dont join for the t shirts or the cds but lpu gives an access for the fans to have a better experience with the band and then suddenly at this point of time when the price is increased by double !!!!!! most of them might have a real serious deal to get it or not .. im sure it might reduce the number of regular lpue'rs even to subscribe back again

i really appreciate adam for his efforts to look back the valuable comments of the fans and to reply and get them clarified and he's been constantly trying to improve the experience with the band , but this is getting way too high when it comes to price ......... and the amount of fans who have joined LPU in recent years may even drastically drop down due to package prices . Lp must really think about that IMO..........

Even though the PACKAGE'S are much promising and are really valuable , they could not be affordable by every linkin park fan and after maximum shows announced suddenly a special event which happens in Us alone !!!!!!!!!! why SO!!!!!! each and every country is worthy enough to watch those special shows cuz everyone is joining Lpu from various parts of the world and probably LP could have announced a show in some country which they have never played before , or the maximum shows played this year are in Germany and united kingdom , so keeping that in mind they could have added something special for those fans at least ...........

I understand completly now, so thanks for the clarification Hahninator & co

But I still think $60 is abit steep WITHOUT the fan package. Thats the reason I became an LPU member. To get the physical LPUCD. And yes, I know is a waste of resourse mailing out CD's for everyone that arent really that bothered. and I know I'm in the minority. But I just hope they give us a option to able to buy LPUXCD with a renew of the membership. Just an option would be great.

Otherwise I'll probably just get the monthly membership & buy it from the merch store if its not too expensive (though the shipping fees to the UK are always expensive)

But anyway... Did I hear somewhere than the online membership is going to be free??? I could be wrong.

oooookayyy its a bit confusing for me... 60$ for annual membership but without a CD... only for lpu events and so on???

i dont understand this part:

The $60 package comes with the LPU M&G at shows, presales, access to special LPU events

so my question: these are still LPU M&G CHANCES??? OR will i get a M&G for a show i will attend surely???

I'm still a bit worried about LPU allinating all its international fans, but some of these posts have calm me down. I love the idea of LPU once again being exclusive. I hate those people who post everything on youtube and stuff. However $60 is a LOT. I'm a pretty hardcore LP fan, but I'm also a poor college student trying to pay for books right now. I feel the $60 will not only eliminate the "lesser" fans, but also those who can't afford it.

OK here is the copy of my post from the other thread, cause disscusion has moved and I didn't notice that:

First, I am a member from the start and I haven't skipped a year. I live in country where chances of LP having a gig are close to 0 and I am a LPUer essentially for the package.

Because there is no shirt&CD any more I don't think I will continue my membership, even though it would not make a visible dent on my "budget". And I don't think anyone who is not from USA, UK and Germany should. Why would you? What you should do is wait and if LP announces a concert in your country or you decide to travel to a concert ONLY THEN buy a membership. That is because they cannot offer anything worth 60$ unless it is some kind of personal experience(M&G, concert experience...). Content is not exclusive and chats are not worth 60$. Nothing they can offer online for international members can be worth 60$. End of discussion for me here. :D

Some of you claim this will bring back exclusiveness and feeling special as a fan back. NO IT WON'T. Adam said there will be no more exclusive content! So don't count on that. You will feel more special and be a bigger fan cause you've paid 60 instead of 30? You can just feel snobby, and some would consider that stupid. :D You won't be special, because from now on most of the members will be one-timers who come to get pre-sales and M&Gs.

Do I think special concert experience and M&G could be worth 60$? Yes, but I will buy LPU membership only when I decide to go to a concert and if I hear from others that it is very good. Also, I've been to two M&G(with 6 and 2 band-members) and those didn't live up to expectations. So, only when I am going to a concert and only if these special concert experiences prove great will I buy a membership.

There will be an exodus of international members and this encourages signing up just when pre-sales are available or M&Gs are at hand. WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE IS JUST SELL THOSE SPECIAL EXPERIENCES AND M&G LIKE TICKETS FOR EVERY CONCERT, BECAUSE IT IS ALMOST THE SAME THING LIKE SELLING THESE LPU MEMBERSHIPS. This will be the last nail in the coffin of the LPU community.

Btw, PTB is not a very good song IMO... generic and dull. some of you think it is better than catalyst?! wow, that's hard to believe...

Edited by bojkic

Did you even read the damn post? There will be a CD and there will be other merch such as shirts, etc.

Year right... I'm gonna give 20$ more for shirt and CD + 10$ shipping(at least). Almost 100$!!! I'd rather get another concert ticket, cause that's what bands are about!

Well, I know I will.

Great! :D I bet you are proud of that... I refer you to this paragraph of my "big" post:

"Some of you claim this will bring back exclusiveness and feeling special as a fan back. NO IT WON'T. Adam said there will be no more exclusive content! So don't count on that. You will feel more special and be a bigger fan cause you've paid 60 instead of 30? You can just feel SNOBBY, and some would consider that STUPID. You won't be special, because from now on most of the members will be one-timers who come to get pre-sales and M&Gs. "

And you should note that my post is mostly about international members. You are from USA, so there is no point in discussing it with you.