LPUX Clarifications

hahninator

Since people are texting me and sending me messages about LPUX, I thought I'd clarify a few things for you guys. As you know, LPUX is available for preorder on http://linkinpark.com/lpu.

They now are moving websites from lpunderground.com to linkinpark.com/lpu. There will be TWO packages now for the LPU - a $10 per month subscription, or a $60 a year subscription. The $10 package comes with presale opportunities and is basically online-only. The $60 package comes with the LPU M&G at shows, presales, access to special LPU events (LA laser show / NYC album release show), and access to LPU merch.

A few things:

- Preorder the $60 package now and you'll be able to download a compilation album from LPU's last ten years entitled "A Decade Underground". This album is essentially the Songs From The Underground EP with a few small changes (Across The Line included and no live tracks). HOWEVER, on this compilation album, there is a new 2008 unreleased song entitled "Pretend To Be". You can find COVER ART for "A Decade Underground" HERE.

- THIS IS NOT THE LPUX CD. There will be an LPUX CD sold separately online for the members. Once again, "A Decade Underground" is NOT the LPUX CD for the new year of the LPU. There is an ENTIRELY new LPU CD that will be released later this year. LPU's press release says that it is going to be the best LPU CD released to date.

- The LPU 9 package will be available to buy in the LPUX merch store (see: vinyl, etc).

- You may now select "I'm Going" and sign up for the LA Laser Show event on 9/7 on lpunderground.com. The band WILL be at the event. Clicking "I'm Going" on the LPU confirms that you are getting a reserved seat for the experience. The New York show presale info will be sent out via email within the next week. If you preorder LPUX, you'll be sent this information. The LPU site says: "Current LPU Members and fans that pre-order LPUX by August 22 will be able to purchase tickets FIRST on August 23. You will receive an email with more information on how to purchase your tickets."

- If you just bought LPU 9 recently, it will carry over. They are honoring all current expiration dates for the LPU. A good example is my account on the LPU. It expires in 2011. LPU will still honor this, so if you just bought a package or your account expires after October, you're STILL FINE and will have access to LPUX.

- The LPUX package will NOT be available in Best Buy. The era of LPU packages sold in Best Buy is now ending, starting with LPUX.

- There are no more package memberships. The LPU will have exclusive merch available to buy, but it no longer comes with the membership. You have to buy it separately.

The LPU press release says: "In the next couple of months, we’ll also be announcing the track listing for the exciting new LPUX 10 song CD... which is everything fans have been waiting for."

Read a message here about LPUX and why the band made the change for the fanclub.

I hope this clears up any problems! Once again, I can't say it enough, "A Decade Underground" is NOT the CD for LPUX.

Thanks!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why exactly is it so much then if we have to buy it separately?

This is the only thing I don't have the answer to. I'm not sure what all it entitles but if the band approved it (and trust me, I know the band is aware of what goes on with the LPU) then it must be alright.

This album is essentially the Songs From The Underground EP with a few small changes (Across The Line included and no live tracks).

Actually it's the same exact traklisting as SFTU with ATL and PTB. The two live tracks are still included.

What i'm wondering is if i'll be able to get a month membership for ten and still purchase the cd/whatever else they may have new for this year (ie. tshirt etc.)

of course, i know no one has the answer; my statement is rhetorical.

if that's the case though, paying ten for a month, and getting the cd, and whatever else, if at a reasonable price, then it wouldn't be that bad.

Thanks Mark for clarify this.

I think, now LPU will be more exclusive, right now LPU don't have exclusivities, hope this expensive change will be a positive change for who become a LPU member.

In my opinion, if you are not going to the NYC Show and the Laser Experience you have to wait for more news, because now just make sense for the Members in US...

Thanks Mark for clarify this.

I think, now LPU will be more exclusive, right now LPU don't have exclusivities, hope this expensive change will be a positive change for who become a LPU member.

In my opinion, if you are not going to the NYC Show and the Laser Experience you have to wait for more news, because now just make sense for the Members in US...

if things like nyc shows and laser experience are done in other places of the world, from times to times it would make a lot of sense... X) actually, it would sound cool.

I think LPUX will be the best LPU year by far. I've been an LPU member since 4.0 and this year seems the most promising. LP themselves said the LPU CD will be the most promising yet and the best. I'm thinking we'll get awesome b-sides, demos, remixes and really cool live tracks that we have been wanting. As for not getting the package, I could care less. The worst thing the LPU ever did was start selling the packages in Best Buy because to me, it took away the specialness of being an LPU member because anyone could just walk into the store and become a member, unlike if they actually had to go online and know something about the band. I never wear the LPU shirts and I could care less about the other little items like shoelaces or wristbands since I don't ever use that shit. We also have been getting slip cases since 6.0...wtf is that?