The Length Of "A Thousand Suns"

LESTAT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little birdie told me that Linkin Park's next album is already in the works, it consists of ten 30-second instrumentals and one 45-minute experimental jam piece. It's tentatively titled "Complain and We'll Give You More to Complain About."

was the little birdie blackbird?

Those short tracks may be great listening all the way through an album but if you're shuffling songs, that could get really annoying and pointless. like in reanimation. If they're not good they're just taking up space imo...

well, as expressed by the band numerous times, the point of the album isn't necessarily to listen to these songs randomly. they purposely made it a journey, (ana already has expressed the fact that she could barely make-out when a song ended and when another one began) and an experience in itself to listen to all the way through.

not pointless at all.

well, as expressed by the band numerous times, the point of the album isn't necessarily to listen to these songs randomly. they purposely made it a journey, (ana already has expressed the fact that she could barely make-out when a song ended and when another one began) and an experience in itself to listen to all the way through.

not pointless at all.

Great post! I admit that when listening to songs randomly I skip the phone calls from Reanimation. But in the context of the album they make sense. As far as ATS: It is supposed to be one big experience but I think you will definitely know what song is what after a few listens through. Skip the ones that aren't relevant when listening randomly and move on :P Just don't forget to listen to the full album every once in a while.

I like the times...the short tracks don't bother me, I actually kind of like the idea. I like to listen to albums from start to finish and Mike is correct that this album will be a journey. Or supposed to be a journey.

I am so confused. LPA has the time at 47:41 and LPL has it at 52:35.

Any help would be wonderful!

I believe the tracks (1-15) listed add up to 47:41 but the bonus track (which is a live version of New Divide) makes it go up to 52:35. Edited by Spin

not pointless at all.

excellent point. I completely forgot about that. I feel kind of selfish now lol. Mike is a genius. I shouldn't question his insight. I should just stop panicking, wait for the album to drop, and judge for myself. :)

and this sounds like one epic and interesting journey...I wonder what the itunes "A Thousand Suns: The Full Experience" is now!!

like, like, LIKE, FUCKING LOVE! Why do people hate on intros/outros/interludes? LP fans love when they do them live but if it's on the CD its suddenly utter shit...I don't get it. and +1 to the radio friendly comment. Give us 3-4 singles and let the rest be crazy out there depth of the mind kind of stuff.

I'm gonna say this with the utmost respect cause I used to be exactly the same. But the problem with most LP fans is that radio=music to them. Or MTV=music. And now that LP is seemingly moving in a somewhat different direction people don't know what to do. Some of my favorite music in the world will never be played on MTV or the radio, not because of length or profanity but because it's simply not marketable to the average crowd.

I'm going on record saying that if this album is great but different (and we know it's different) and LP loses some of their more mainstream fans, I'll be okay with it. Too many teeny boppers still calling themselves fans :P

I dont listen to hardly any mainstream bollocks you see on TV these days, with a few exceptions like Avenged, etc who lets face it are amazing. Back to the point of interludes, I can be pissed off because after waiting for 2 years we get 9 songs. I hope the songs are amazing, and im sure the interludes are great and make the theme of the album, but overall you've got 9 songs to listen to.

I dont listen to hardly any mainstream bollocks you see on TV these days, with a few exceptions like Avenged, etc who lets face it are amazing. Back to the point of interludes, I can be pissed off because after waiting for 2 years we get 9 songs. I hope the songs are amazing, and im sure the interludes are great and make the theme of the album, but overall you've got 9 songs to listen to.

No, after 2 years you get a full album, Blackbirds, New Divide, Across The Line, Carry Me Away, Not Alone, She Couldn't, The Catalyst remix stems, 9 demo songs (including the APFMH Amp Live demo), Out Of Ashes (along with remix and live tracks released), various M.Shinoda remixes, M.Shinoda VMA instrumentals, Lockjaw, Road to Revolution, multitracks for various songs, 8-Bit versions of some songs, more live Linkin Park tracks/shows released, as well as the shows themselves.

And I don't care if you reply with "well I didn't like _____", because the point stands that in the past 2 years, we recieved these tracks as brand new material.

Fixed the total lenght of the album, by adding all the track lenghts together you actually get 47:41. Thanks to the LPA for the hint (also calculated it myself to check if it's correct^^). This means the Japanese bonus track 'New Divide (Live)' has to be 4:54.

No, after 2 years you get a full album, Blackbirds, New Divide, Across The Line, Carry Me Away, Not Alone, She Couldn't, The Catalyst remix stems, 9 demo songs (including the APFMH Amp Live demo), Out Of Ashes (along with remix and live tracks released), various M.Shinoda remixes, M.Shinoda VMA instrumentals, Lockjaw, Road to Revolution, multitracks for various songs, 8-Bit versions of some songs, more live Linkin Park tracks/shows released, as well as the shows themselves.

And I don't care if you reply with "well I didn't like _____", because the point stands that in the past 2 years, we recieved these tracks as brand new material.

:) I love this quote!

As for the song lengths, they really don't tell me much. So we know that the album is about 47mins. What matter's is the quality not quantity.

<3

The majority of the LP fans haven't listen to most of this new material. And I don't care if you don't care but also the majority of these songs is not good.

Edited by jakolp