Jen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice! at least in rock they are good

but in itunes not

One thing i don't like about LP is how they care so much about sell numbers. At least Chester reflected that with his attitude towards DBS and thinking it sucked because of sales... more like it sucked because of no replay value, but thats a different convo.

Personally idc if they do terrible on itunes or anywhere else.. if it doesn't really effect them as a band then they shouldn't either...

nice! at least in rock they are good

but in itunes not

they are not doing bad on iTunes. album is in top 5 and it hasn't come out yet! It was even in top3 for a day. Linkin Park usually better sells albums than singles.

+ LP has been doing some selling on their own website too.

I don't really care if they sell more or less than m2m or meteora... I don't care about numbers. Just want the guys to feel they've acomplished sth and want to keep touring and making music as Hawk said.

Edited by bojkic

To all the so called "old school" and "hardcore fans" that are complainging that linkin park isn't making music that you want them to make. That's not their job. Where in their description does it say they have to make music that a certain group of fans want to hear. There job is to make music. And they should make music that they love. Not what you love. They will make music from the influences that they listen too.

Like it really makes me mad when people complain about everything. The song is rock. It is played on rock and alternative stations. Have you heard on your popular music stations....I sure haven't.

And I think its great that they debuted at #1 on the rock charts. This will give them more confidence to make the music they want to make.

/slightly off topic rant.

^^ Pure win

I don't post here often, and im not really sure if anyone outside of mark even knows who i am, but after reading astats AWESOME post, i wanted to thank him for being logical about this debate. I havent been around the site much lately b/c i'm tired of reading posts from people who won't be satisfied no matter what. Disagreeing is OK, but backing your argument up with solid evidence seems to be missing from this board

again, thanks astat, its refreshing to read such a well thought out post, regardless of the stance you take in the debate

it's funny to see how EVERYONE bitches about the music taste of others. and everyone thinks he knows best about which genre has to sound like.

For me The Catalyst is no rocksong. Like I said, I wish it was but to me it's not. Perhaps rock is changing and LP is partly defining it?! If you look at an old description of rock, the single probably wouldn't fit so just stop discussing about wether it's rock or not. Rockstations and -charts just show, what people wanna hear. and if people listen to that music and accept it as rock then it's modern rock. it doesn't matter anyway.

And I can agree to and_light91 that LP should make the music they love. that's why I'm not angry or something like that, I can imagine that making kinda the same music for years is boring and that a band should play the music they like.

That's still no reason not to be sad or dissappointed if you liked LP's old style and were hoping for music in that direction. what's wrong about that? Or do I have to listen to it and like it just because it's from LP? NO!

We're still talking too much about it since the album hasn't come out yet. So nobody knows how their record will sound. I'm hoping for some more guitar and especially drum driven songs with emotional melodies. Because that's what LP did best in the past and what I wasn't able to find in that way from another band.

And I won't bother to say I don't like the album if I don't like it, just because it seems like some of the people here can't handle it. Or is there no place for constructive criticism and fans of other music than your taste here?

anyways, debuting as number one on charts is always nice for a band, but I'd rather like to see them on number 1 with another song.

I don't post here often, and im not really sure if anyone outside of mark even knows who i am, but after reading astats AWESOME post, i wanted to thank him for being logical about this debate. I havent been around the site much lately b/c i'm tired of reading posts from people who won't be satisfied no matter what. Disagreeing is OK, but backing your argument up with solid evidence seems to be missing from this board

again, thanks astat, its refreshing to read such a well thought out post, regardless of the stance you take in the debate

^second. Astat bringin the heat with some well analyzed research. Impressive stuff. You make a great point.

there are way to many TL;DR and cool stories here. Make your thoughts short and to the point. Hardly any of you are making a point across here lol regardless. You like the song or you hate it. We get the point. Don't defend LP they are at a point where if they lose a fan another one pops right back up.

Another thing, who cares about ranks? Its the year 2010. I'm sure someone is downloading The Catalyst right now as i type this

AND even though I live in the UK, even I know that Linkin Park will mostly be played on rock stations thefor appearing on the billboard rock charts. Billboard charts Measures airplay audience impression on Mainstream rock, Alternative, and Triple A stations.

Edited by corey_UKLP