Mike's LP Community Tour

ChuckCheese

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the album is done, I would like to see if MS is still throwing around words like 'genre-busting '. I hope so.

He already retracted that in a blog post. He originally said it in jest but whoever was interviewing him printed it as serious.

Edit: A couple other thoughts:

- Definitely didn't think LP would be doing any more soundtracks any time soon. They gave a song to T1, gave a brand new song to T2, that's good enough. There's no reason for them to continue giving music out to these crappy movies.

- It's funny how people kept actually thinking that Jornada Del Muerto would be in spanish, considering the band isn't actually fluent in spanish.

- I think the reason Mike reacted the way he did to the Eminem question, was because it was so completely random. He hasn't even thought about working with Eminem and all of a sudden a bunch of people are like "Are you gonna work with Eminem???" I'd have the same reaction. "uhhh, no?"

- Yay for more Chester screaming/Mike rapping/creative weirdness.

Edited by Xero21

haha just because chester is making a cameo roll in saw 3D dosn't mean we get a soundtrack, its just our man chester thinks he's a actor ;)

and Im glad we wont be on the transformer 3 soundtrack, it would be shameful to be associated with the murdering of a film franchise.

this. it's not pop, for sure. I mean, do people know what's pop today? The Catalyst does not resemble any of this music.

From the all seeing all hearing all knowing source of the world.

Quote wikipedia "Pop music (a term that originally derives from an abbreviation of "popular") is usually understood to be commercially recorded music, often oriented towards a youth market, usually consisting of relatively short, simple love songs utilizing technological innovations to produce new variations on existing themes"

Now I don't see the catalyst ticking any of those boxes. DO YA?

Quote wikipedia "Pop music (a term that originally derives from an abbreviation of "popular") is usually understood to be commercially recorded music, often oriented towards a youth market, usually consisting of relatively short, simple love songs utilizing technological innovations to produce new variations on existing themes"

I actually dont get what does it mean by the term "technological innovations". like, new technologies in the recording systems?

anyways to me, the catalyst has nothing commercialized on it. electro stuff,which is the main element of the song, were never that commercial.

the catalyst isnt pop music. when i think pop i think Michael Jackson. He was the epitome of pop.

Auto-tune sprung to mind when I read that.

Thats exactly what that means, Pitch correcting Auto-tune. Horrible invetion, gives untalented people seem like there good, but it can be used for good purposes.

AND OFCOURSE MJ "the king of pop". I dont hate pop, I hate people who label everything pop. dude, get a eduaction.

If there's a Linkin Park song on Breaking Dawn...

*cocks gun* :P

ugh, is it Sep 14 yet?

and lol at the people who still think LP is pop. do they sound like Justin Bieber and Britney Spears???

Edited by meteora_01

It's like Mike said on the UStream recording... If people don't hear a guitar in a LP song, people are going to say it's a pop song. It's inevitable and stupid.

Anyway, I'm interested in listening the gang vocals and how the songs are mainly written. One thing that got my attention was the 20-second to 6-min tracks. That may open up possibilities for some interludes, no?

It's like Mike said on the UStream recording... If people don't hear a guitar in a LP song, people are going to say it's a pop song. It's inevitable and stupid.

Anyway, I'm interested in listening the gang vocals and how the songs are mainly written. One thing that got my attention was the 20-second to 6-min tracks. That may open up possibilities for some interludes, no?

i'm thinking short instrumentals

I think There Will Be 2/3 Instrumentals.

that's the maximum amount i think lp should have in one record.

i'm so excited to hear more 30 secondes clip from new snog that whenever it comes.

i Want To Hear More@#@!3

I'm thinking 3 instrumentals. 1 at begginning, one in the middle of album, and one at the end