Blackbirds is ATS bonus track on iTunes

lpu9

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im pretty sure this is gonna be the iTunes LP. They usually include an interactive album, a ton of pictures, exclusive songs, full lyrics, bonus tracks, the album, and a cool visualizer. They are actually worth the money. and if its 20 bucks roughly then its gonna have a ton of stuff.

Trust me they are awesome. I have the Dave Matthews one and the Avenged Sevenfold one.

Yeah the DMB one is great

15 tracks at $1.29: $19.35

no?

It sounds a lot better than the catalyst does.

from what i have heard, I agree.

still has to grow me on i guess, i didnt like what i've done when i first heard and now its one of my favourite songs lol

Edited by Tomer

I just don't understand that you were expected a new song/demo on it.. I know NRL was bonus for MTM on iTunes, but there were only 12 tracks, now we have 15... so it's like 3 bonus songs if we are comparing ATS to MTM lol

Instead of having some live tracks we have serious track with BETTER quality we had.. so I'm good with this choice

i personally thought blackbirds was okay. i would like it a lot more if mike weren't in it, but all favoritism aside, i think it's silly they're releasing it like this. i mean i'm sure most fans already have the 8-bit version so why would we pay for it again?

i personally thought blackbirds was okay. i would like it a lot more if mike weren't in it, but all favoritism aside, i think it's silly they're releasing it like this. i mean i'm sure most fans already have the 8-bit version so why would we pay for it again?

The quality they released was crap. This would be a high quality rip which in my opinion is a good thing.

It sounds a lot better than the catalyst does.

I'm halfway convinced you'd think Stairway to Heaven would be a better song if it had Mike Shinoda rapping on it.

Anyway, LP never said that Blackbirds would only be available through 8BR forever and ever until the end of time. Furthermore, there's a good possibility it wasn't even their decision to use Blackbirds as the iTunes pre-order bonus track - Warner was going to release Blackbirds as a standalone digital single a couple months ago then pulled it at the last minute, remember? So comments like the following...

Hi. My name is Linkin Park. We like to fuck our fans royally up the ass.

...are fucking idiotic. Linkin Park is entitled to do whatever they please with their songs. And even if they don't, Warner probably will.

Once again, the whiners should really be thankful that I'm not in Linkin Park - if I was, I'd pull a Lou Reed and release an hour-long album consisting of nothing but guitar feedback instead of A Thousand Suns just to piss people off. If my stupid fans are going to bitch about absolutely everything I do, I might as well give them a legitimate reason to do so.

...are fucking idiotic. Linkin Park is entitled to do whatever they please with their songs. And even if they don't, Warner probably will.

Linkin Park is entitled to do whatever they please with their songs, just like I am entitled to do whatever I want with my dinner tonight. Just because I don't like a decision by them, shouldn't say much. Not everyone likes EVERYTHING that has ever been done by a band. And I know you're not one of those people. When it comes down to Linkin Park and their fans, I've seen more Lets Downs than anything. And if LP indeed controls these Let Downs, they need to step their game up.

Once again, the whiners should really be thankful that I'm not in Linkin Park - if I was, I'd pull a Lou Reed and release an hour-long album consisting of nothing but guitar feedback instead of A Thousand Suns just to piss people off. If my stupid fans are going to bitch about absolutely everything I do, I might as well give them a legitimate reason to do so.

And the fans would still buy it because it's new music

We wanted Blackbirds in better quality on iTunes and now we're getting it, so what's the problem? It would be better as a b-side on The Catalyst CD though imo.

I don't mind a mastered and higher quality version at all.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we get Blackbirds on a CD later on with a tour edition.

if you don't have an iPhone or iPod touch, you couldn't otherwise purchase "Blackbirds" ANYWHERE.

Doesn't seem any different than when "No Roads Left" was an iTunes exclusive until the "Tour Edition" of MTM came out.

Stop whining for the sake of whining. "Blackbirds" won't be fresh & new to the hardcore fan base but it beats the hell out of the usual "random live track from DSP" routine we've been treated to in singles/albums/LPUs past.

just to piss ppl off. i love that :lol: