Album Update

hahninator

From the blog of the Chief (Mike),

"We're working on the new Linkin Park album right now. Will we have a new album out in 2009? Absolutely!

And, of course, by "Absolutely," I mean, "Absolutely, as long as things go smoothly and the ideas are flowing, and we don't hit any scheduling problems or massive writers block."

Jokes aside, the pic below is from my studio; Chester and I were listening to all the demos I've been writing in the past 6-12 months in busses, studios overseas, and my studio.

When we're out on the road doing shows, I generally keep the music on a safe hard drive, in a format that you can't download onto your iPod (gotta be careful). I also don't like playing stuff for anyone unless I feel like I've given it a proper amount of love. That means I go for months where I write stuff and don't really play it for anyone.

This week, we went through about 35 new demos, most of which had only had my hands on them thus far. The process is a little scary; it's like saying, "here are the songs that I think should make up our next album." Luckily, nobody hates the songs (at least most of them!), and we're looking forward to getting started on this album in the coming months.

I just did an insightful interview with a gentleman named Mikael Wood for a piece in an upcoming issue of Revolver magazine. Check for it in the coming months, I think it was an '09 music preview article."

Full article and the picture.

Thoughts?

Thoghts? It's absoeffinglutely amazing!!!

we're looking forward to getting started on this album in the coming months. - it sounds not so crazy as Chester's words lol and it looks like (if nothing bad happens) they can release on Fall 2009.

The pic of Chester and Mike's studio made my day <3

The same :D

But "I also don't like playing stuff for anyone unless I feel like I've given it a proper amount of love."

He only shows stuff he likes. What about the rest? there is a lack of balance, Mr Shinoda. Everyone has his own tastes.

But very good news though! =)

Seeing that pic made my day as well! Great to see Chester looking relaxed and pain free. Love the continued updates about the new album and hope for some LPTV episodes or cd extras showing the behind the scenes hijinks.

This is some amazing news :)

Can't wait for the album to come out, hope we can see new LPTV episodes from the album process

Mike's studio looks awsome & good to see that chester is well and looking like enjoying the demos he's listening.

album releasing date:12/31/09????

He didn't say when in 09 haha

But if they can release in 09 even the last day of 09, I will be really happy.

The picture make my day. Chester looks really good and enjoys listening to the demo.

Hope they work smoothly in next couple months............

The other thing is how about DBS??? Chester will be very very busy I guess.

HELL YESSS!!!!!!! DBS IN 09, Julien-K in 09, and the next LP studio album in 09!!!!!! This will be a great fucking year!!! Hmm does anyone else get the feeling that they will debut some demos live before the album comes out after Mike said "I don't feel like playing songs for anyone unless I've given them enough love?" Mayb they can pull a WID/Numb and release a single before the album comes out.

HELL YESSS!!!!!!! DBS IN 09, Julien-K in 09, and the next LP studio album in 09!!!!!! This will be a great fucking year!!! Hmm does anyone else get the feeling that they will debut some demos live before the album comes out after Mike said "I don't feel like playing songs for anyone unless I've given them enough love?" Mayb they can pull a WID/Numb and release a single before the album comes out.

Actually, most bands DO release a single before an album comes out. It's called a LEAD SINGLE, it's for promotion.

One Step Closer, Somewhere I Belong and What I've Done were all lead singles.

By the way, why did you mention Numb? I though Numb was released long after the album, or am I wrong?

Actually, most bands DO release a single before an album comes out. It's called a LEAD SINGLE, it's for promotion.

One Step Closer, Somewhere I Belong and What I've Done were all lead singles.

By the way, why did you mention Numb? I though Numb was released long after the album, or am I wrong?

You're right. Numb was the third single of Meteora and was released fall 2003. The album and real lead single was released Spring 2003 and yes, Somewhere I Belong, which is the songs name, did come out before the album.

Every band does it to promote their album and boost sales.

1st single - sep 09

full album - oct/nov 09

promo tour in august

makeup tour in asia in september

us tour in oct/nov

pause in dec

europe tour and 2nd single in jan/feb

us tour in march/apr

oceania in may

european festivals 3rd single in june

projekt revolution in jul/aug

pause in sep