One Step Closer Multitracks = $6,500

hahninator

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember that guy on eBay that tried to sell the Fort Minor instrumentals in like 2007 for a huge sum of money? Then WBR got it taken down?

You mean one of the most pathetic moments in the history of the LP community? Yeah, I remember that.

Hopefully LP management, WBR, Mike or SOMEONE sees this and gets this taken down.

Yeah, hopefully we never get our hands on this kind of stuff. That would be absolutely TERRIBLE. :rolleyes: As far as I'm concerned, if someone is deemed important enough to be one of the few people to have a copy of something like this, the possibility of them selling it years down the road is a risk the label should assume. This is no more of a violation of intellectual property than me second-hand selling a CD to a used record store. The material contained within is much harder to find, but it wouldn't get any kind of special treatment from the legal system if this was ever taken to court.

Price is ridiculous though.

lol... i bet its a fake

I'm positive it's not. If someone was going to make a fake of something like this, we would've seen it pop up years ago. Fakes = relevant to what's current (bootleg copies of recently-released CDs) or what has a large potential market (fake HTEPs). This is such a niche thing, there are maybe a handful of people who would even bid on it.

If every registered member of our site gave 2$ - we could buy it....

But speaking in terms or real world - it would be around 5$ from each ACTIVE registered member.... ROFL :)

sounds like you are planning to buy it :P but yeah you are right^^

this is the best way to make money these days :D

LMAO @Nick's posts

If every registered member of our site gave 2$ - we could buy it....

But speaking in terms or real world - it would be around 5$ from each ACTIVE registered member.... ROFL :)

Oh sure. Then who gets the CD? :P

LPL Community.

Each member will get to see and touch it. and then immediately send it to next LPL member.

Fine, I get it first and then I'll send it to Mark who'll send it back to me, etc.

**EDIT TO ADD**

Yeah, hopefully we never get our hands on this kind of stuff. That would be absolutely TERRIBLE. :rolleyes: As far as I'm concerned, if someone is deemed important enough to be one of the few people to have a copy of something like this, the possibility of them selling it years down the road is a risk the label should assume. This is no more of a violation of intellectual property than me second-hand selling a CD to a used record store. The material contained within is much harder to find, but it wouldn't get any kind of special treatment from the legal system if this was ever taken to court.

There's precedent here, no doubt. UMG took an eBay seller to court a couple of years back for selling promo CDs but the court ruled against the label because the promo CDs were given out freely and even the 'not for resale' disclaimers failed to be held up. However, it would be quite naive to think something like this CD would have passed hands without an NDA or some other contract or agreement having been signed which carries completely different implications than a promo CD.

Too true. There's even remixes of remixes at this point.

But i'd love the tracks just to listen to the instrumentals themselves. I mean, I'd love it if they'd release instrumentals of their tracks.

To bet honest. I wouldnt mind having a listen to these tracks. It would be interesting how each layer is put together and sound and shit. But on the other hand its not work $6500. Better yet its basically selling off a band for your own profit. Hope this guy gets fucking done hard.

To bet honest. I wouldnt mind having a listen to these tracks. It would be interesting how each layer is put together and sound and shit. But on the other hand its not work $6500. Better yet its basically selling off a band for your own profit. Hope this guy gets fucking done hard.

i completely agree

Yeah like, maybe if this dude wasn't asking for fucking six and a half thousand dollars it might be worth it to at least get a hold of it.

We could always blackmail him to reduce the price... or ask him to put MP3's up for proof :lol:

Edited by adaminator1

I know the guys a douche, but man no need to be a snitch..

The idea is that he is trying to cheating a fellow LP fan out of a LOT of money. IMO there is a need to be a snitch in this case.

Edited by Phil