Rotating Banners?

LPL Rotating Banners  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should the rotating banners return to LPLive?

• Yes - Have specific ones for each theme
    • Yes - Just make one set and have them rotate throughout all themes
    • No - They take up too much room
    • I Don't Care
    • Other

Time for a poll. A few people have brought up the fact that they'd like to see rotating banners on LPLive again. They were removed for 4.0 but I believe we can put them back in if people have interest.

We can take the good ones (none of those blurry ones lol) from 2.0 and add them to 4.0, or we can actually do different banners for different themes. People can submit new ones too of course. I like the banners we had in 2.0 - some were really cool so I definitely think we should bring some over to 4.0, maybe in the 2.0 theme, but a bunch of new ones would be sweet.

What do you guys think?

This should go to the newswire dont you agree?

nobody will see the thread in this forum haha =)

and yes, I want them back i did a banner that i believe it was pretty good (Mike in the crowd at MSG)

I would love to help you with some brand new awesome banners, because to be honest the images that you've got some of them look cheap and a little bit distorted

i've got another request

remove the ''Linkin Park Live ...made for the fans, by the fans...'' that is just normal text

and we can add some cool fonts in the new banner.

I like that little slogan lol. I think we have big potential with this. What about maybe a big art contest for LPLive? Top 3 winners get prizes and everyone that submits good banners can have them on the site. That'd be SWEET. And we can have the forum members vote on everyone, etc. That'd be really cool.

I made a thread in Newswire for this, btw.

just a suggestion: i think that the banners should just be unedited, un-photoshopped pictures with no text on them, just for the sake of consistency.

on the previous version of lplive, there were a bunch that were edited, and a bunch with text on them. the text (whether it be the font, the size, or whatever) is obviously inconsistent with the other banners that were being rotated, and inconsistent with the theme of the lplive page itself, so it made it a little hard on the eyes.

i think there should be a specific theme for the sake of consistency, like specific do's and no nots, but i think photoshop should be allowed

Ask everyone that wants to make banners to make em and send them and choose which ones are usable.

Give us the measurements and restrictions and let the games begin

I think LPLive needs Banners of the Street Teams or Websites where LPlive members belong...

I mean that will be great for make some promo of the Clubs, , Forums, Sites or Street Teams.

You mean those as in my signature? We had a page for such banners in 2.0 or even earlier... 2.0 before 3.0... Don't remember.

And back to the poll - I voted for rotating themed banners.

Good idea that old banners would be used for 2.0 Theme.

We have to look into that, if this is even possible from the technical side. It might not be possible at all to bring the rotating banners back or have rotating banners for each of the themes. We'll add a new theme each month or so anyway, no matter what.

But you guys also have to accept the fact that this is a NEW site, we cant bring back all the old stuff, it's time to move on.

Wouldn't it be difficult and time consuming to go through all of the different banners and putting them with each era? I say we have one set for all the themes..

It's not just that. The banners themselves are not the same size as the current images at the top of the site. Either all of them would have to be resized, stretched and crop to fit somehow or we would have to totally scrap what was done for 4.0 and go back to the previous site.

Given the amount of work done, the addition of the ACP as well as a number of selectable themes, I just don't see rotating banners as a viable option at this time.

How about 1.0 instead, with all of the txt files instead of show pages? Is that something you'd be interested in? :lol:

No

1.0<4.0<2.0

I understand you that it's not that easy to implement them.

• 1 month later...