What does Joe actually do on stage?

Anality

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last time is saw joe do his best of his scratching is Live in texas , he used to some kind of innovative scratch in most of the songs but these days , standing still and starting at the suru doll of himsef and the laptop , itz high time he does something new atleast break the turntable something like that when he did in LIT :D

I'm not sure the NMS intro "water drops" are done by Joe anymore. I think they are just sampled.

they are sampled. At least when i saw them in PR08 when they opened with NMS. I expected to see Joe on stage

you can see it there^. but joe isnt there lol

they are sampled. At least when i saw them in PR08 when they opened with NMS. I expected to see Joe on stage

you can see it there^. but joe isnt there lol

omg!!!!!! Lol , he knows fans will out !!!!!

joe standing far away from the samplers and midi pads in Rtr for same no more sorrow when the intro samples r played :unsure: at least he was in stage this time

Posted Image

Edited by aravind221

I think it'd be pretty cool if Joe added some scratching to the songs that don't have any. It's always cool to hear changes to songs and I'd love to hear me some Minutes to Midnight with scratching.

yes bleed it out with hardcore scratching[ intro] in upcoming tours along with rob's drum intro !!!!!!!!

What does Joe do on stage???? He directs the bands live performance, thats what!

As to the songs he's involved in - see F.09 (Live in Texas). Fuckin awesome!

But alas, judging from the stems of The Catalyst we got, it might well indicate that Mr. Hahn has no big part to play in the song :o(

You can't really say that until you have heard the full song.

I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that based on what we've been given thus far, it would indicate that Joe may have a lesser role in the song. Its by no means a given and I do hope he's got some part to play in the song.

I suppose what I said could also apply to Phoenix as we got no bass stems! Although, no bass on the song would be extremely unlikely but interesting none the less! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that based on what we've been given thus far, it would indicate that Joe may have a lesser role in the song. Its by no means a given and I do hope he's got some part to play in the song.

I suppose what I said could also apply to Phoenix as we got no bass stems! Although, no bass on the song would be extremely unlikely but interesting none the less! :)

You're argument has been rendered pointless!!! :P lol jk

looks like Mr. Hahn will be quite busy on the upcoming tour. :D

• 1 year later...

I think that it is time to list what Mr. Hahn plays on ATS songs live. It's been more than a year :D

The Requiem - Scratching over the transition between Requiem and Savio's speech.

The Radiance - Scratching Oppenheimer's speech (voice glitching, or whatever it is called)

Burning in the Skies - Plays the piano part of the verses on the sampler. +sings the harmonies with Mike [?]

When They Come For Me - Plays the synth part of the verses (not quite sure about that). +sings the chorus

Waiting for the End - Voice-glitching-thingy over the guitar solo +sings the harmonies with Mike and Mike's rap verses

Blackout - The nintendo-sounding-notes over the intro, 2nd verse and outro. Also the voice-glitching over the breakdown

Wretches & Kings - Scratches +"hey hey" chants

Iridescent - Gang vocals

The Catalyst - Scratches, back vocal, plays the synth solo

I am not sure about everything, so correct me if i am wrong about something. Did i miss something?

P.S. no one mentioned that he plays the piano of the first part of Valentine's Day

P.S.S and when Mike starts playing the rhytm guitar on In Pieces Joe starts playing his piano part on the sampler

Edited by feelthless

He whips his hair back and forth.

He also throws paper planes into the crowd when he's doing nothing.

He just watching their latest performance videos on his laptop. :D

These days he's taking panoramic pictures and posting them on Instagram.

I'm sure that there's a hell of a lot of samples for the new material he's got to deal with... even if that is just hitting some midi pads :/

Were just joking, there is a lot of stuff he has to do. I don't think in one song he does anything, as i saw him making and throwing paper planes.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe leaves the stage for so many songs now in the set it is appalling.

How many does he leave for now? The only non-interlude track I can think of where he does (that's still being played live anyway) is The Messenger.