DSP Site to Launch - What it means for us...

nkramar

LPLive will let you know as soon as the DSP site goes live, we hope it will be open for business within the next 24 to 48 hours...

That said:

Until further notice - NO DSPs, newly released or otherwise, can be posted on LPLive effective immediately. Mark will elaborate on this decision and what led to it, but he wanted this post to be made to get the information out as quickly as possible to our admin, staff and users.

We have already started the process of removing some threads from the forum and will be doing the same to individual posts as we find them if they have links to DSPs.

We don't expect this will be a popular decision but it's got to be done. Again, more info to come from Mark soon...

The decision is not really all that surprising (at least to me) and understandable. I could kinda guess this was going to happen, based on what is/was/will be available on that site for purchase.

Thanks to you guys for allowing folks to share things to this point, though.

Edited by auburntiger

You guys forget about PM's/MSN/AIM/Torrents? Theres nothing stopping us from sharing between eachother, just no links on the site.

Continue w/ the bitching, kthxbai....

@ Lestat: LOL like thats ever gonna happen.... Myspace FTW!!!!

You guys forget about PM's/MSN/AIM/Torrents? Theres nothing stopping us from sharing between eachother, just no links on the site.

Thanks, Captain Obvious! :lol:

I said posted to LPLive. We realize that these will get out via other methods but we've got to keep ourselves clear of it here on the forums.

But i think Also If people start going....

"whoever has Australia Sydney show torrent lalala pm me please"

...it will become extremely lame. Threads will be started just for people to say this.

I would actually like to know how many DSPz and shiz people have gotten so far. And whats ya fav?

Thanks, Captain Obvious! :lol:

I said posted to LPLive. We realize that these will get out via other methods but we've got to keep ourselves clear of it here on the forums.

Woops, I mean you guys as the general membership that wasnt a fan of the decision, not the staff, I know that you all arent that naive :P

I am not surprised and support the decision fully. If I want to get a show bad enough I can find another way of downloading it (torrent, megaupload, etc...). It is a smart move by the LPLive Staff to cut these downloads off so there is no risk of being accused of doing something illegal later down the road. ;)

I think Hahniniator told in last topic "feel free to upload shows" or something like this.

No more DSPs here on our site. It's just too risky for us to keep doing it. Other places will have them but that's not our business.

By supporting this new system (buying the shows) I hope they add some more shows sometime! *pokes Adam*

Dang so that's EVERY DSP we've got? Mark's big 07 and 08 collections? And the 09 shows? Plus we won't be able to put new ones up once LP start touring again? Man. Well, as long as it means we get to keep LPLive...

Edited by ProjektCharlotte