DBS London Goodies

hahninator

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that they would come to Portugal to the Festival Rock In Rio 2010, but I think now that it's not going to happen, becausa the festival is at the end of May :S

Maybe they come here for a indoor concert, like Metallica :D

I thought that they would come to Portugal to the Festival Rock In Rio 2010, but I think now that it's not going to happen, becausa the festival is at the end of May :S

Maybe they come here for a indoor concert, like Metallica :D

They are getting better on stage.

ps: Or even Spain, Rock In Rio Madrid...but in June. I keep my fingers crossed for Sonisphere Barcelona.

Meet and greet before the show was so cool - I introduced myself to Chester and he was like "...You do those videos! Fuckin' right on dude!" and gives me this huge high-five. Great to finally meet Amir after talking to him a few times on myspace. All the guys were super nice; a genuine pleasure to talk to.

Great show - Chester came into the crowd on Condemned, grabbed my hand and kinda leant down so I could sing into the mic with him. Unbelievable. Hope someone has video of it :D I mouthed "thank you" at him after the next couple of songs and he gave me a thumbs up, haha.

I'll put a video on YouTube or an entry on my blog in the next couple days with a few pics.

Meet and greet before the show was so cool - I introduced myself to Chester and he was like "...You do those videos! Fuckin' right on dude!" and gives me this huge high-five. Great to finally meet Amir after talking to him a few times on myspace. All the guys were super nice; a genuine pleasure to talk to.

Great show - Chester came into the crowd on Condemned, grabbed my hand and kinda leant down so I could sing into the mic with him. Unbelievable. Hope someone has video of it :D I mouthed "thank you" at him after the next couple of songs and he gave me a thumbs up, haha.

I'll put a video on YouTube or an entry on my blog in the next couple days with a few pics.

^That's one of those things you would only hear from an LP fan. Seriously, 99% of other musicians would never care to say or do any of that.

I had a feeling LP would hit the road again sometime before the end of summer, although I figured they'd be hitting up a lot of European festivals like they usually do, but most of those are in June, so hmm...maybe they'll start in the U.S. for once?

Yeah, its not like you get a billion shows compared to us anyway.

Congrats dude, that must have been really fucking awesome.

That's incredible experience! I can call you lucky but you just get what you deserve B)

Videos, pix and a long story in details about your amazing adventure would be great!

^That's one of those things you would only hear from an LP fan. Seriously, 99% of other musicians would never care to say or do any of that.

Na, not just an LP fan. Not at all. A lot of bands care about their fans, lol. Metallica does stuff like that but better sometimes. LP used to pull kids up on stage during the shows (mainly 2001-2004). So not 99%. Maybe 70-75% of bands don't do things like that but a significant number do (even bigger bands; hell Muse is letting people from the radio station sing during the show on stage, lol).

I did it with 10 Years a month ago; Preston and I were front row and we knew the setlist so I yelled the name of the new song a few times...Jesse (lead singer) said "you know it?" and after going back and forth he got us to cue in Brian (drummer) on cymbals...Jesse leaned down to Preston and I and we sang the intro, both choruses and ending with him. Literally right in our fucking faces, maybe 1 inch between my nose and his. That was the last song so he grabbed both setlists on stage, handed one to Preston and one to me. They went off stage, crowd dispersed, less than 2 minutes later he comes around from the side of the stage to talk to us and thanked us, etc. Badass.

Shit like that with one of your favorite musicians has to be one of the best things *ever*...Alex you must be in hog heaven to fucking sing with CHESTER. And he already knew who you were, damn. That's awesome. Congrats, I bet that was awesome.

Na, not just an LP fan. Not at all. A lot of bands care about their fans, lol. Metallica does stuff like that but better sometimes. LP used to pull kids up on stage during the shows (mainly 2001-2004). So not 99%. Maybe 70-75% of bands don't do things like that but a significant number do (even bigger bands; hell Muse is letting people from the radio station sing during the show on stage, lol).

I did it with 10 Years a month ago; Preston and I were front row and we knew the setlist so I yelled the name of the new song a few times...Jesse (lead singer) said "you know it?" and after going back and forth he got us to cue in Brian (drummer) on cymbals...Jesse leaned down to Preston and I and we sang the intro, both choruses and ending with him. Literally right in our fucking faces, maybe 1 inch between my nose and his. That was the last song so he grabbed both setlists on stage, handed one to Preston and one to me. They went off stage, crowd dispersed, less than 2 minutes later he comes around from the side of the stage to talk to us and thanked us, etc. Badass.

Shit like that with one of your favorite musicians has to be one of the best things *ever*...Alex you must be in hog heaven to fucking sing with CHESTER. And he already knew who you were, damn. That's awesome. Congrats, I bet that was awesome.

Yeah, a lot of bands are great to their fans, but not to the extent of LP. At least, I've never heard of one who was.

just came back from the Brussels show....awesome stuff. Most epic night of my life. Love DBS way more than LP at the moment. Especially comparing the Pori(Finland) gig to the Brussels one.

Chester is god on stage with DBS:D

Edited by Derbyster

I still can't believe it all happened. I think I'm probably the happiest person in the world right now.

If anyone's interested, I've put up a lengthier account on my website (razorrednoise.com), and a video on my YouTube channel (GigaScythe).

Wooooow! Thanx for your story! You're like in Fan's Paradise! It seems the band is quite happy to meet you, the awesome guy they inspired :D

The show in Amsterdam tonight was fking awesome! Did I just see you guys recorded it? :o

amirderakh http://Amsterdam!Amazing show tonight thank you!When in Rome do as the Romans do if u get my drift hehe

Here's some videos & pictures of the Amsterdam show.

The audio on the videos is pretty decent, actually. ;) :)

Fire:

Condemned!!!:

And of course, the epic ending:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Pytt

Hmm, dunno about the others, but Brussels was a small gig (some site I read about 400 people standing). The ticket site said last tickets, 2 or 3 days before, and it was pretty packed...

Chester said during the Brussels concert(before Too Late)"thanks for selling this place out. It's a honour to play with you guys":D, but yeah the venue was uber tiny, which was great for me, as the show was so intimate:D

Woops, must've been distracted by those annoying fuckers fighting for Chester's shirt for 3 songs. Idiots.

i don't think it was chester shirt lol cause chester was wearing a black tshirt lol and they were fighitng over a white tshirt, no?

Woops, must've been distracted by those annoying fuckers fighting for Chester's shirt for 3 songs. Idiots.

that was so epic. It was a towel in my opinion. I was relately close by, but was like "heck with it" and enjoyed the show, which was incredible obviously. Edited by Derbyster