DBS - Into You (Live)

hahninator

The higher parts are pretty much cringe-worthy. Chester's voice sounds like it's just about shot. I'm trying to be optimistic and think it's a result of recording with LP...but I'm having a hard time chalking it up to that alone.

Chester can never really nail the soft songs that much. He's usually much better with the harder stuff.

y kno its curious some people say the opposite who knows. Maybe the mental block that Astat theorized way back about LP songs is not starting to effect DBS songs haha.

I hope DBS announces some US tour dates i d like to see this setlist

Chester can never really nail the soft songs that much. He's usually much better with the harder stuff.

Disagree. I just think that always when adding a new song to the set, Chester can't perform it that good in the beginning. Shadow Of The Day, In Pieces, even HHH weren't that good at the beginning, but after he got used to them, they became amazing!

Can't say anything about this performance - the quality totaly sucks.

The higher parts are pretty much cringe-worthy. Chester's voice sounds like it's just about shot. I'm trying to be optimistic and think it's a result of recording with LP...but I'm having a hard time chalking it up to that alone.

I agree. This was pretty bad.

Chester has never seemed like he does much to take care of his voice. He's said he doesn't warm up before shows (he said he only tries to hit a few certain notes), and his drug use can't have helped.

Since he's getting older it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start exercising his voice more, I don't know about his personal life but the feeling I get from interviews is that he just kind of wings it whenever he has to sing. He rehearses with the band but other than that, meh.

I agree. This was pretty bad.

Chester has never seemed like he does much to take care of his voice. He's said he doesn't warm up before shows (he said he only tries to hit a few certain notes), and his drug use can't have helped.

Since he's getting older it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to start exercising his voice more, I don't know about his personal life but the feeling I get from interviews is that he just kind of wings it whenever he has to sing. He rehearses with the band but other than that, meh.

Do you Know Chester most likely not no person in world could do what chester does just by "winging it" get your facts straight anyone can have a bad night once and awhile.

Edited by ChrisLP03

Do you Know Chester most likely not no person in world could do what chester does just by "winging it" get your facts straight anyone can have a bad night once and awhile.

I can show you interviews where Chester admits he doesn't do any vocal warm ups before shows. Would you like to see them? It might take me a moment to find them, but I will. That way you'll have your facts straight.

Have you heard Chester in the past 3 years? The guy has a bad night way more than once in a while.

If you've read some of my posts in the past, you'd know I love Chester's singing ability. But that doesn't mean the guy always sings to THE BEST of his ability. You'd have to be deaf to disagree with the fact that the past few years have been some really rough patches.

Edited by Xero21

I can show you interviews where Chester admits he doesn't do any vocal warm ups before shows. Would you like to see them? It might take me a moment to find them, but I will. That way you'll have your facts straight.

Have you heard Chester in the past 3 years? The guy has a bad night way more than once in a while.

If you've read some of my posts in the past, you'd know I love Chester's singing ability. But that doesn't mean the guy always sings to THE BEST of his ability. You'd have to be deaf to disagree with the fact that the past few years have been some really rough patches.

LP hardly has any soundchecks either right? someone said that. And i agree as much as we can all say we love chester you cant say he's perfect. Some days he's REALLY off. -___-

LP hardly has any soundchecks either right? someone said that. And i agree as much as we can all say we love chester you cant say he's perfect. Some days he's REALLY off. -___-

Yeah. I mean I'm not trying to come off like a douche saying OMG Chester is lazy or whatever. The band rehearses and I'm sure they put a lot of time in.

But for a singer warming up and just doing simple exercises can really do wonders. Even for someone like Chester Bennington. Couple that with aging and drug-use, it just seems like Chester needs to be extra careful.

That's funny, because I was half-assedly singing along to this performance really quietly at like 3 in the morning, and I was more in tune than Chester was. I'm not the world's greatest singer by any stretch, either.

When are people going to quit making excuses for Chester's decline in singing ability on stage? If you're using the "bad night" excuse for him being out of tune, then he's only had maybe a dozen "good nights" in the last 3 years.

Yeah. I mean I'm not trying to come off like a douche saying OMG Chester is lazy or whatever. The band rehearses and I'm sure they put a lot of time in.

But for a singer warming up and just doing simple exercises can really do wonders. Even for someone like Chester Bennington. Couple that with aging and drug-use, it just seems like Chester needs to be extra careful.

nah i get you. I'm afraid one day his voice is gonna get shot :X or his back injury comes for a relapse

That's funny, because I was half-assedly singing along to this performance really quietly at like 3 in the morning, and I was more in tune than Chester was. I'm not the world's greatest singer by any stretch, either.

When are people going to quit making excuses for Chester's decline in singing ability on stage? If you're using the "bad night" excuse for him being out of tune, then he's only had maybe a dozen "good nights" in the last 3 years.

video it didnt happen

and about the out of tune thing it ranges from people whats good and whats honestly bad imo.

i posted this on mike's blog

i’m sorry you guys didn’t win… side note can chester learn how to do vocal warm up before the shows?

Last couple years his voice has been pitchy… kinda ridiculous for a major label band, espcially of your guys of caliber that you don’t try to be the best of the best…. disappointing to say the least.

nah i get you. I'm afraid one day his voice is gonna get shot :X or his back injury comes for a relapse

video it didnt happen

and about the out of tune thing it ranges from people whats good and whats honestly bad imo.

I disagree. A..lets say, a C note sounds the same to everybody. and if chester doesn't hit the C note then he is out of tune... some ppl are tone deaf lol but chester is quite pitchy and 80% can be improved by basic vocal warm ups

Edited by FaiNt

FaiNt=Fail

I dont understand you guys,

1. The micro of that crappy cam reduces the sound and all the frequences and all that shit.

2. It was a great performance.

3. It's just not worth that complaining about his voice, and you guys Geki and Xero21 (and couple of other people here on the forums) can't just disscuss like grown up people, you both just have to argue. Somewhere its enough. And guys please learn that you have NOT to have the last word in discussion. Gosh