Shinoda Speaks: LPU 8 CD

hahninator

Straight from the blog at http://www.mikeshinoda.com:

"POSTED BY STELIOS (about ROAD TO REVOLUTION DVD/CD) "The rest of the stuff will be made available to you, though...you'll see!" oh mike, please tell me that you dont mean that the rest of the live songs will be on the lpu8 cd! no more live songs!

Mike: No, the leftover live songs won't be the new LPU CD. We heard your comments about the last LPU CD needing to have more unique material, so we're trying to do that. I think this year's LPU CD will be one of the best ever. At the very least, it'll be the most unique. Here's what it won't be: live tracks, new unreleased Linkin Park album music. (insert frantic guessing game here).

POSTED BY EVERYONE Hey Mike! How's Chester doing?

Mike: He emailed me saying he's recovering well. We'll let you know when there's an update."

For those of you who don't know already, LPUnderground 8.0 will be launching on December 5, 2008. And here's a shoutout to my friend Energy (Simon) over at http://www.lpfuse.co.uk who has been dying to hear the Team Sleep remix of 'My December' for as long as I can remember. The one question never answered in every LPU chat - here's to you hoping it'll be on LPU 8.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't say it won't be MTM b-sides or demos. He said it's not going to be NEW album material. They've hardly written any, so that makes sense.

its probably reanimation 2.0. I remember them talking about it once, and a magazine talking about how wake 2.0 is gonna be used for reanimation 2.0.

Source for the Wake 2.0 comment? I've never heard that. They said they remixed some Meteora songs but never did anything with them, so it's possible they might be on there too.

is it true that it'll be 20 tracks? i remember adam of the LPU saying that it will, but i couldn't tell if he was kidding or not. to me, it didn't seem like it.

if it is 20 tracks, then it could definitely be remixes of MTM and meteora.

is it true that it'll be 20 tracks? i remember adam of the LPU saying that it will, but i couldn't tell if he was kidding or not. to me, it didn't seem like it.

if it is 20 tracks, then it could definitely be remixes of MTM and meteora.

I think he was kidding. 10 tracks at the most in my opinion. 6 is possible.

I don't think it'll have MTM remixes since the only one ever confirmed was the What I've Done remix by Mike, and then it was on a single release later on. Haven't heard of any others. I remember a 2003 interview though where they said they had some Meteora remixes but weren't planning on releasing them on any new project or anything. Possible they could be on this. Imagine a CD with like an old b-side/demo like Dedicated or something, 1-2 MTM b-sides, 2 Meteora remixes, and some other cool track like a Joe instrumental. Oh man.

Oh yes, yes, God, yesssssssss {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif

No live songs, baby {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif

How about OLD unreleased Linkin Park album music?

I hope so... {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif I really want some new songs... maybe it will be only with remixes, i don't know... it will be fun, but i want some new songs {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif Most unique ever?! Huh... {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_rolleyes.gif Nice {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

Mike, man, i love you {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

And nice to hear that Chester is recovering well {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

I think Wake 2.0 will be on the DVD but not the CD, and Papercut, Points and SIB will be extras on the DVD content (bonuses).

Teem Sleep 'My December' remix info from Astat circa 2006: (taken from the LPAssociation forums)

"It's supposed to be a really dark and moody techno/ambience remix of My December done by Team Sleep and featuring scratches by the legendary DJ Shadow, but that's about all anyone knows about it. I don't think being too "dark" for the album is the sole reason though, if Mike saw it as not album-worthy and then never released it but did put out 2 other Reanimation b-sides, chances are it may not have been a very good remix in the first place."

i know what it'll be it'll be cover songs they have done cose they seem to love playing covers so it'll be a cover album with studio versions of songs they have done live with some ones we havent hurd them play cose i bet they have recorded many covers over the years just havent released them

Yeah, good news about the LPU CD! I knew they wouldn't stick the rest of the MK tracks on. If the The Team Sleep version of My December was any good at all, it'd be pretty cool to hear that. I think MTM b-sides are still a possibility, fingers crossed.

Mike is doing great with reply to the fan on his blog.

I really can't wait for LPU8 release in december, but will the tracklist of the CD will be avaible on LPU website ?

It never has been in the past, I can remember having to wait until people got their 4.0 and 5.0 packages in the mail to find out exactly what the tracklisting was (3.0 was known ahead of time because they said it was "tracks that were not on the Live in Texas CD," but even then we didn't know what the enhanced content was). It'll probably be sold at Best Buy stores like it has been the past 2 years and leak ahead of the release though, and even if it doesn't, we'll know the tracklisting as soon as it can be bought in stores.

As for my predictions, I still think there will be something live on there. I could see them throwing a live version of We Made It on there, maybe even the one from the Third Encore secret show. A proper recording of Chester on The Outsider would be nice, but 99.9% sure that won't happen since they'd have to work out legalities with both Ashes Divide AND A Perfect Circle. A new instrumental track is pretty much a given, unless they do a studio version of Wake 2.0. As for old stuff that we KNOW exists, there's an unreleased With You remix featuring Ryu from Styles of Beyond that didn't make Reanimation, the demo of Enth e Nd with the original Hybrid Theory lyrics, the Team Sleep remix of My December, as many as 4 Minutes to Midnight b-sides, a bunch of Minutes to Midnight seeds/demos...they've said themselves that there's essentially nothing leftover from the Meteora sessions that would be usable, but maybe they'll dig up something.

i know what it'll be it'll be cover songs they have done cose they seem to love playing covers so it'll be a cover album with studio versions of songs they have done live with some ones we havent hurd them play cose i bet they have recorded many covers over the years just havent released them

I seriously doubt it'll be a covers album, and I can almost guarantee you're wrong about them recording covers in the studio. Unless you're specifically recording a cover for something (Little Boxes) or recording a covers album, that's a huge waste of studio time.

do not release MK thats my opinion.

lmao let me guess you american yeah thourt so just cose are gig was filmed and made it to dvd just be glad theres a dvd coming out god

Joe_lp is not American, and no DVD at all is better than an incomplete one, IMO.

yeah but mike has said the other stuff will be released so just wait and see

Just because the band says something will be released doesn't mean it'll actually happen. See: Machine Shop Mixtape Vol. 2 new song, Minutes to Midnight B-sides. Plus, the missing songs probably won't have the proper transitions from the existing songs, so it'll be impossible to make a proper "full" recording of the show anyway.

{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif I feel like riding a roller coaster.

I feel suck yesterday. Now I feel much better haha.

This is great news. I am looking forward to see the LPU8 now.

It's also a great news that Chester is recovery well.

I hope he could put out DBS album soon. Can't wait...............

yeah but mike has said the other stuff will be released so just wait and see

Just because the band says something will be released doesn't mean it'll actually happen. See: Machine Shop Mixtape Vol. 2 new song, Minutes to Midnight B-sides. Plus, the missing songs probably won't have the proper transitions from the existing songs, so it'll be impossible to make a proper "full" recording of the show anyway.

http://ethanmates.com/News.html"'>

http://ethanmates.com/News.html

March/April-

Mixed bonus tracks and b-sides for Linkin Park’s “Minutes to Midnight” upcoming release at Larrabee North, Los Angeles.

http://www.livedaily.com/news/12493.html"'>

http://www.livedaily.com/news/12493.html

Will any of the remaining songs see the light of day?

I think so. One of them was released as an iTunes exclusive, called "No Roads Left," and I think the other ones will eventually find their way out. We don't know exactly what we're going to do with them yet. We have four or five other songs that are kind of really good and almost done. So, I think so. A lot of them will probably never see the light of day. We're going to hide them and erase them, because they're horrible.